What's new

Seedling size and yield?

oldmaninbc

Do larger seedlings from the same strain always produce a bigger yield? I believe quality of experience is not dictated by size but what about yield? I have a couple of plants out of 4 I miss labeled, the one I know for sure is smaller than the suspected unknown that is larger.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Do larger seedlings from the same strain always produce a bigger yield? I believe quality of experience is not dictated by size but what about yield? I have a couple of plants out of 4 I miss labeled, the one I know for sure is smaller than the suspected unknown that is larger.
That's a good question friend. It all depends on the strains of the parents. I've been surprised many times by what the offspring produced from known parents. I've had small plants yield large offspring and large plants produce smaller plants. The same with potency it can vary from breed to breed.

Asentrouw

I think the more vigourous a seedling from a certain strain is, the better it can develop and grow. This is why I like to start some extra seeds and just keep the best ones.

Overall seedlings that stay behind are less vigourous or have issues (for instance stunted tabroots which means the roots will develop less). So if I have no space, these are the first to go.

However, bigger seedlings doesn't always equal more yield or better quality ofcourse. I think in the end its a matter of pheno's, so you don't know what you got, untill you've grown them all out. For some strains you know what you look for ofcourse, but then you are well past the seedling stage.

Latest posts

Latest posts