What's new

Seedbank only strains?

Mr_Grimbo

Ok, been years since I have seen Rez, OP, Raco, and so many others in that other place. Hi, all..

My question is this... If you were going to start over again and were limited to only commercially available seedpacks from the Bay, the Boo, or the good Dr. in the UK, and were going to restart with five packs of beans, which five strains would you buy?

I am specifically looking for strains that are *available right now* or are generally available, not elite clones or obscure breeders an everyday Joe doesn't have access to... Thanks, Mr. Grimbo

Last edited by a moderator:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont know what youre talkin about...

what place???? do you mean Overgrow?? :D

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what high are you after?

weight requirements?

picky plants, or easy growers?

long flowering or short?

kinda like saying what car is cool.... everyone's gonna give a different answer..

Mr_Grimbo

weight requirements?

Not really a commercial production, just want to have a lot of great stuff for some pretty picky guys. We have Trainwreck from clone now, Northern Lights not sure who's, one mother from a pack of Mr. Nice, Island Sweet Skunk, and a pheno of Williams Wonder I picked out from seed. Of them my fav is the Wreck, and the Island Sweet Skunk, both for their flavor however most of my friends like the Williams Wonder best and NL is always a hit and last year, I was gifted a clone of Wheelchair... So, as to weight, it's not really any concern at all..

what high are you after?

As to the high I am after, personally I like a good balance for daytime and a nice indica at night. I have one soaring Mr. Nice but sometimes heavy Sativas give me a headache. I do keep Wheelchair for one of my female friends who uses it specifically for pain. But really I have about a half dozen friends, old school guys, extreme atheletes all of us that all have different tastes, but love pretty much anything that will reach out and punch you in the face. Oh, for me, taste and smoke is more important than say, bag appeal or commercial production levels.

picky plants, or easy growers?

I like to think we can handle most, the only real failure I had years ago was getting the Sour Deisel IBL to germ.. but aside from that, we have a pretty controlled and experienced group of guys.

long flowering or short?

I am comfortable with pretty much anything.. Used to have a sick 20 week sativa we lost years ago but if I had to say, I would like to be able to bring it out say in 12-16 weeks at tops and I do like the 8-10 week stuff we have now.

kinda like saying what car is cool.... everyone's gonna give a different answer..

Yeah, I get that but I can look at different folks here and see who I think mostly might be in the same situation as I am... Maybe even start to get a consensus as to which breeders to look at.. For instance, years ago before I got out, right about the time OG shut down I was looking at some Bog/moonshine man stuff, Rez anything, C4 and Schnazzleberry 2 from Chimeras, Serious AK47, and a couple Bros Grim... Some of the other stuff I was looking at is gone now like I would kill for another mother of CherryBomb 2 from Reef, and my lost Strawberry Diesel mother from Rez...

Thanks, Mr. Grimbo

Mr_Grimbo

Nobody can tell me what the next few packs of beans you plan on buying is, or what would be on your list if you were to buy some soon? Somebody has to be putting in an order for something soon, right??

Mr. Grimbo

J

joejusttyped

Rez gear has ben sitting up there for quite some time now. Might want to look into an alternative. Fractal Genetics has rez Strawberry Diesel f2's or f3's listed for a nice price. Connoisseur Genetics has rez SSSDH (i guess theyre considered f2's? ojd cut sssdh x rez sssdh)

Edit:
If I had to buy 5 strains to restart my collection i'd probably go

1. An OG from Rare Dankness
2. Peyote Purple from Cannabiogen
3. Super Silver Haze from Mr Nice or Monkey Haze F2 from Tom Hill
4. A strain from BOG (Sour Strawberry Kush/Sour Bubble/Sour Lifesaver/Sour Grape)
5. Strawberry Diesel f3 from Fractal Genetics

unspoken

Here are some strains I have bought in the past couple months... Ken's Grandaddy purple and bay11, Bog sour bubble, OGRaskal fire og bx and white fire, Rare dankness pineapple hashplant, the ox, alfred packer, and Rez SSSDH.

unspoken

No problem. I don't have any of those in my previous grows listed here because like I said I recently bought those. There are also some good specials on the bou right now. Some of the dutchgrown 2 for 1 deals would be really nice smoke if they are still on there.

A couple others I have seen that look really nice are casey jones (you can find crosses or s1), those strawberry diesel that joe just recommended from fractal, Goji OG by bodhi, chocolate rain, or anything by bog.

Mr_Grimbo

Thanks to you too Joe, sounds like I might not be too far off with the Bog gear and the Strawberry diesels in the long run... I think I am gonna' start with some BOG just to get back going, don't think I could really go wrong with that.

Mr. Grimbo

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Panama Red from ACE or Cannabiogen is a great sativa and GDP from Ken is a fine indica dominate. I like Maple Leaf Indica from Sensi as well.

Mr_Grimbo

Thanks Yesum.. Panama Red has been a quest of mine since the late 70's. I remember right at the end of OG a few folks were working hard with the Sativas. Wonders what ever happened to that big Asian Sativa project, sorry I don't remember who was working on it, some seeds from Viet Nam if I remember correctly. I will have to look up Ken and GDP, new to me and Maple Leaf Indica is something else I was looking at "back then"...

Mr. Grimbo.. PS, I see some of you giving me good K, but I can't see where to return it, could it be I need to be a more seasoned member to do that? Thanks.

D

davie blah

Chimera Fighting Buddha,GFxBB and Schnazzleberry and Ugorg Nonames and Smile by OT1 :) you can get the last 2 from attitude

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Serious Seeds Kali Mist
Mr Nice Black Widow
Mr Nice Super Silver Haze
Tom Hill Deep Chunk or X18
Ace Zamaldelica

I'd pick the best moms and dads from each pack and start crossing everything!

Mr_Grimbo

Panama Red from ACE or Cannabiogen is a great sativa and GDP from Ken is a fine indica dominate. I like Maple Leaf Indica from Sensi as well.

About "Panama Red", does it taste like the Panama Red of the 70's? I can still taste the P'red and Acapulco Gold from my teen years. Just wondering if those old school tastes are still there?

Thanks Mr. Grimbo

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did not have Panama Red but did have Oaxacan and Colombian gold and red. Reminds me of Oaxacan in taste and effect.

The only Oaxacan I had back in the 70's was reddish and the taste is a match. I had some more in the late 80's but that was brown and not so hot in taste or buzz.

Good up buzz with no anxiety from the PR. Your head may feel funny, like heavy or light at times :biggrin:. Am gonna use a reptile uvb light on it next run. Running a sativa with no uvb seems a waste in a way.

Mr_Grimbo

Ok, I am seeing a consensus building here for the Strawberry Diesel, I see the Strawberry Diesel Kush, and the ST D F3 and I am leaning toward the Kush as I have a few hundred Strawberry Diesel (rez) F1's I made with my first pack. Bog is also looking good to me and the Lifesaver is where I am going there as I really do need medicinal strains for us and our peers, we do tend to beat ourselves up physically when we play. (Always liked BOG over at OG, have a feeling I could just take five of his and not be disappointed with any of them:). I remember reading some on the Tom Hil gear back at the other place but I would like to find a straight Chunk not mixed with haze. The Cannabiogen PR is another I read a lot about when it was first out and I might take a look at the Mr. Nice, Black Widow... With respect and envy of those of you all who smoke the great haze based weed, unfortunately because of a medical condition, I have issues with meds that make my heart race. I assume the sssdh is a haze, and if I am correct that is why I have not noted it although many of you have... Well, off to do a bit more homework and look into a couple others you all mentioned I have never heard of yet but I am sure getting close to my first order, thanks again everyone.

Mr. Grimbo

Latest posts

Latest posts