What's new

seed strain selection, how do you do it?

harry74

Veteran
Nice thread.
Nowadays I trust more small seedbanks/breeders than full page advertising seedbanks.
I try to find info and check actual grow diaries of the strains I´m interested about.
I agree with HidingintheHaze that freebies are a nice motivation.
My last 3 seed buys:

1)Small Canadian seed bank. I paid 95 euros ( 3 packs 10 regular seeds 30 euro each);I was sent 14 seeds as freebie.
2,15 euro each seed!!!!!
2)British seed web. I bought a 10 regular pack worth around 90 euro.There was an offer buying that pack, another 5 regular seeds of the same seedbank but another strain.
Anyway, they sent another 5 regular and 3 feminized from diferent seedbanks free!!!
That gives you a Price of 3,9 euro each seed.
3)Canadian seed web. I purchased a pack of 10 regular seeds (50 euro, around 60 with the post). I was sent 8 regular seeds as freebie (5 of one strain,3 of another.I
You can do a nice buy with the proper research, and as the competition is getting really fierce, I think the Price of seeds has to go down in the future, wich is good for all of us.

Nice Sunday:tiphat:

Max Headroom

Veteran
i would suggest starting with 'tried and true' genetics - strains that have been around for 10+ years and aquired a good reputation. brand new releases can be hit and miss.