What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed order just disapears?

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Yep, what the title says...

I placed an order with herbies right at almost a month ago. They arrived pretty quickly in the states at Chicago customs.

The tracking information tells me that they had been processed through sort facility and the status says in tranisit. It has said that for almost 3 weeks now with no changes.

Herbies has done refunded my money and still no updates or changes on the tracking. No empty packages from customs or anything. I know if they found them I would get something, right? So how is my package been in transit that long and no updates or notifications.

What do you think the problem is?

Obsidian

Veteran
does your tracking say released from customs yet? if it does then they got lost, if not then just wait you will get them.
I have a online business and deal with 50+ packages a day going out and have seen usa customs hold packages coming to me...ie...for up to 8 weeks before being released.

MountainBudz

Your item has been processed through our sort facility in ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 6:29 pm on September 29, 2015.

And on top it says status is: (In transit)

DJXX

Veteran
Yep, what the title says...

I placed an order with herbies right at almost a month ago. They arrived pretty quickly in the states at Chicago customs.

The tracking information tells me that they had been processed through sort facility and the status says in tranisit. It has said that for almost 3 weeks now with no changes.

Herbies has done refunded my money and still no updates or changes on the tracking. No empty packages from customs or anything. I know if they found them I would get something, right? So how is my package been in transit that long and no updates or notifications.

What do you think the problem is?
i had a package interrupted in Chicago and the remains of it came with a green customs tape on it...where they cut it open..no letter or anything else..DJXX

MountainBudz

i had a package interrupted in Chicago and the remains of it came with a green customs tape on it...where they cut it open..no letter or anything else..DJXX

That is what I am expecting to get any day now. How long did it take you to get yours, who was the seed vendor and what did your online tracking say the entire time?

That is odd you got no letter or anything. I have just placed 2 more separate orders, one from mid week song and one from single seed center.

I wonder if they put you on a list or red flag you when they find your beans? I hope not cause that would really suck as far as not being able to get seeds anymore lol.

I don't care if I get them or not since I was refunded but i'm just hoping I don't face any legal issues. I am in Ky which is hardcore on canna laws compared to most other states. Yeah I know the mail deal is federal but still yet, it worries me.

Do any of you guys ship to the same place that you grow? I always used to when I growed in my own home, but I have my setup in with a partner now in a surrounding county. I feel more comfortable getting them sent at home than my grow.

If I received my package with green tape and no letter than I would worry myself silly that my local USPS mail carrier had pulled the letter and shown it to the locals or state lol. Thats just me and my overly paranoid self though.

DJXX

Veteran
from the tude and the tr info just took too long in chicago...but i got another one later in that week and have gottn 10 more since...wouldn't let yourself get too worked up over it...i don't think anyways..DJXX

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
MountainBudz I had the same thing, my order was around sept 15th.
Never came.
I Used to order from seedbotique every week when they accepted CC.
Out of i would say 50 orders 1 didnt make it, and got one of the greentape letters, if you want your package please come to bla bla, lol yah haha.

I tired herbies, just like you same thing maybe 2 weeks earlier then you, he resent the package and i received it about 7 days later.

Now im waiting for a seedbay order..
But just the simple frustrations of waiting for seeds in the mail i am about to just make road trips and product in hand.

I remember back in the day right when Overgrow was just starting up, we would send seeds in pens and never had one intercepted.

Miss the old days.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Miss the old days.

Yeah, any more there's increasing amount of packages being intercepted. Some get through, many do not.

Only "green tape envelope" I got....it was in holding in Customs via US Postal Service Sorting Center for 3+ weeks before delivered to my mail box.

Might have parcel addressed/labeled to a friend's address instead of yours, esp. since KY not a friendly state. Too many orders abroad in short amount of time....only causes suspicion.

Last edited:

Pinetar

Be happy you got a refund and no letter with green tape. You ain't getting your seeds, you they think are a small fry thus no green tape. Order from the USA specifically the mitten or sunny Arizona doing this will greatly increase you delivery date 100%

MountainBudz

Be happy you got a refund and no letter with green tape. You ain't getting your seeds, you they think are a small fry thus no green tape. Order from the USA specifically the mitten or sunny Arizona doing this will greatly increase you delivery date 100%

I am very happy I got a refund and I don't care if the seeds come or not honestly. Not being rude, honestly it is okay. I placed my second order from single seed center and mid week song. SSC and the tude is the only ones i've ever had luck with.

<<<<<<<<<<<< edited for TOU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What is the "mitten" and "sunny arizona"? Is that a seed company or what? Sorry if that is a dumb question, can't find anything on them.

What are some good seed banks in the U.S. that carries good selections? Most I have found are breeders ive never heard of...

Last edited by a moderator:

MountainBudz

Just a note, I tried attitude in the first place but they are having trouble with cards. The tude has another bank called The Choice seed bank but I had forgotten that night.

Midweek song is new to me but have great reviews and lots of freebies, you can pick which freebies you want as well...

MountainBudz

Now, name those US seed banks y'all. I've seen a few but they all seem to have lists of breeders I know nothing at all about.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is the "mitten" and "sunny arizona"? Is that a seed company or what? Sorry if that is a dumb question, can't find anything on them.

Mitten = Michigan (note the shape of the state?)
Sunny Arizona = Arizona

Try Colorado, too.

MountainBudz

I have googled this subject a lot. Still have not found anything in the US that offers breeders like say the single seed center and (Others), do...

Could you help me?

JACKBAYBEH

My last order from SeedBay went missing. Payment was received and shipment confirmed but the beans never showed up. I expected green tape and a letter from HLS. Nada. Damn shame. Was looking forward to Sam's LP#1 x HazeSkunk. First order that has went missing in a few years. The first time it happened with SB was in 2008. RezDog ChemDD beans. My buddy's ass was tight for a few days but no one ever came knocking at the safe addy. I've lost 6-7 shipments over the years. But, that's pretty damn good considering I've been scoring beans online since 97'. lol MountainBudz, what's up neighbor?!? I'm in KY as well. :tiphat:

MountainBudz

Maybe PM them to me so we don't get anything stirred up by listing any vendors.

Michigan is one place I searched. Still not many breeders to choose from. Same for Colorado, unless im missing something.

MountainBudz

Mitten = Michigan (note the shape of the state?)
Sunny Arizona = Arizona

Try Colorado, too.

Told you that was a stupid question lol. I knew that....

I will try Arizona and look further into Colorado and the other legal med and rec states as well. But so far not finding many breeders that interest me. Michigan had a decent one that I can for sure get a few beans from but other than that nothing.

Thanks