What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed Heads

widespreadaddy

The seed heads that I am talking about are the kind that stay on the damn seed after it starts to pop through the ground, as opposed to the seed heads that would be fans of the band, the seeds. Consistently. these Nirvana seeds are popping, after being started in soil that has high perlite concentration and it has heating pad underneath. New seeds, and I did not soak or pre-germinate. Why are they doing this:? It is something I am doing, just do not know what. Help?

deZerTomB

pop it off

pop it off

most of the time the seed head will fall off naturally once the leaves open enough. sometimes it needs a little help. pry it open very carefully, but make sure the plant is mature enough.

deZerTomB.

G

Seems normal

Seems normal

like deZer said, wait until the plant is mature enough, and you won't do any damage to the tender seedling.

You are referring to the embryo right? That can be peeled away, very carefully, to reveal the two small leaves (cotyldons?)

Hope this helps, and be careful.

LOKI