Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I put them into compost, water and wait.
picture.php

Hi I would like to share a method that has been good to me using a variety of techniques I have learned for beautiful people at IC .

I like scuffing the seeds lightly in a pillbox that has fine sandpaper rolled up inside. gently shaking for 10-15 seconds.

I soak/sink seeds individually in plastic shot glasses using room temperature boiled tap water.

After seeds have sunk (usually 24h) i prepare a shot glass with a folded up square of wet kleenex , I wait for the tap root to emerge.

I enjoy using a ph'd rockwool cube on top of a perlite wick cloner fitted with a humidity dome, i find it maintains the perfect hands free, uninterrupted level of moisture for the first few days. i have also used plastic cups of promix+perlite

No light is necessary just warmth (personally my Red Green style micro Rubbermaid box with a 10 – 15 watt CFL turned on is what I use as a heating pad.
Cloner with rockwool cubes containing freshly popped seeds on top.
As soon as sprout (usually 2-3 days) under cool blue CFL as close as you can without touching.

All seed husks easily fall off after I switched to germinating in rockwool cubes and scuffing the seed husk prior to germination

Thanks for letting me share.

Latest posts

Latest posts