What's new

Seed conscences

barrance

Was wondering what the different methods everyone is using to crack there beans. Personally, I used to crack in paper towels or cotton many years ago. But since I've gotten back into it I've tried seep sponges with not alot of luck and jiffy pucks with the same luck, although I think they may have got a bit chilly. What lighting and how long before they sprout? After they sprout when should they start getting nutes and when should they go under the MH. I'd like to get a higher percentage then I've been getting. Thanks for advice!

Only the best.

Morganic

I use the same method as i did when i started, never had problems. I get a saucer, put soggy toilet tissue on it, seeds on top of that and then another layer of soggy toilet paper then into a warm dark place. If your hot press is too hot, use more tissue and keep it soggy

Peace and good luck

Mo

Morganic

and about the nutes, it depends how rich your soil is. try not feeding them until they really need it and until you get the hang of it

Mo

U

Uncle Hughie

Hi

Hi

Hell there Barrance ,and welcome....!

well the paper towel method works for me ..i place em in the towels ...then into a bowl,covererd with another,and then place on top of the Refridgerator.

Most seeds i find have cracked in 48-72hs.........

Then when cracked , and the tap root is 1/4" i place into my medium......ie...
ph'd rockwool cubes or soil..or a mix of perlite/vermiculite.......
the choice is yours ..........
then...i would place them in a prop for a little while....use some floros on em so u can get the light right down to the plants..makin sure not to burn the babies..and to Avoid stretching in the Plants.
watering with a little Ph,d water...

Basically nutes can be your best friend or your worst enemy..
what i mean is you can overkill them with Kindness......always use under the perscribed dose...until you get used to the strain ...some strains will be tougher than others ..
Also ...make sure you have a little Fan blowing on the babes to strengthen em up..this will also Keep the plants squat...

this is my opinion ...these methods work and i expierement with all.....

ive cracked beans in a glass of water ...a wet used T-Bag......AND OTHER METHODS..

Enjoy it ...
Peace!