What's new

Secret Service and Cannabis Reality

igrowone

Veteran
reading through this gem on cnn
seems our SS men will not have to be quite the strangers to cannabis they once were

Secret Service relaxes marijuana policy in bid to swell ranks

By David Shortell, CNN

(CNN)Thirty-eight days into the job, the new director of the US Secret Service, Randolph Alles, is getting to know his agency.

Alles told reporters Thursday that he's working to grow the Secret Service, including by relaxing the agency's drug policy on marijuana.

Instead of a policy that would disqualify an applicant who has used the drug more than a certain number of times, the agency will now use a "whole-person concept" to measure marijuana use, potentially allowing candidates who admit to marijuana use based on the last age at which they used the drug and the amount of time between then and their application to the agency.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
US Air Force is doing the same. when i enlisted over 30 years ago, the recruiter said "you can not have used cannabis on more than 4 occasions." then, he added "it is up to you what an "occasion" is. it could be a day, a week, or..." here, i interrupted him and said "a decade?" he smiled and said "you catch on quick! sign here..." :biggrin:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Kinda off topic, but I stopped by a recruiters office when I was about 21..

The Navy, Army and Marine recruiters were all kind of competing for my attention.

The Marine recruiter told me I should join the Marines because his barber would really, really like to meet me...:biggrin:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Kinda off topic, but I stopped by a recruiters office when I was about 21..

The Navy, Army and Marine recruiters were all kind of competing for my attention.

The Marine recruiter told me I should join the Marines because his barber would really, really like to meet me...:biggrin:

they ALL shave you bald on the first visit...i had hair past my shoulders when i went to Lackland.

Green Squall

reading through this gem on cnn
seems our SS men will not have to be quite the strangers to cannabis they once were

Secret Service relaxes marijuana policy in bid to swell ranks

By David Shortell, CNN

(CNN)Thirty-eight days into the job, the new director of the US Secret Service, Randolph Alles, is getting to know his agency.

Alles told reporters Thursday that he's working to grow the Secret Service, including by relaxing the agency's drug policy on marijuana.

Instead of a policy that would disqualify an applicant who has used the drug more than a certain number of times, the agency will now use a "whole-person concept" to measure marijuana use, potentially allowing candidates who admit to marijuana use based on the last age at which they used the drug and the amount of time between then and their application to the agency.

Adderall use in college is a leading reason why people are disqualified from the secret service :biglaugh:

Shit's bad news. I was on it for a year in high school and was totally tweaked out. That stuff is STRONG.