What's new

Secret Ingredient?!?

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
canna woop!

Systemic Acquired Resistance (SAR) is another property of Saponins. For a rundown on the Elements, Compounds and Enzymes you might want to scan this page

HTH

CC

in a genius move that would only make sense after smoking enough to drool on myself, i gave away most the aloe vera plants recently, beside the one's that are in a 20 gallon container farm. It's a self-contained aloe SIP (self irrigated planter) that I may post picts to at some point if i get a camera. In order to show solidarity with the zone denial of gardening cacti in the NW, I'm going to pick up a few more plants. Found barbedensis variety for $30- it's a 8'' container with 3 overgrown plants in it, after divided I think this could do the trick for several root drenches with my indoor garden in the next few months

Also the reason I gave those aloe away are because I was upset about not giving away other "zone denial in the NW" plants a few months ago, giving away plants is fun. And I smoked that much except it's the cannabis soup thats really stoney. sorry for excess off topic posts. I think secret ingredients include chicken manure, aloe vera, cover crop tea's, and maybe some minute traces of a biodynamic preparation.

I am making a sprout tea using oats and barley. I pre soaked the seeds and threw them out side onto a mound of dirt with a 50/50 mix of perlite/manure, and watered them in with a mint tea. germination took 4-5 days with these 30-50 degree temps and some direct sunlight a few days ago.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I, am the reason my gardens grow to be all they can be, Practice your Skill, learn Patience.

I wouldn't grow without Maxicrop Origional

picture.php

C

CT Guy

Maxicrop is inferior to other seaweeds that are cold water processed, rather than the heat/chemical extraction that Maxicrop uses, which destroys some of the enzymatic qualities of the product (as it was explained to me by Coot and the owner of Nature's Essence SEP).

Scrappy4

Veteran
Mate Dave, your plants look nice and healthy, good job. I started out using maxi too, and also had nice plants. But these guys are right. For seaweed I use kelp meal now, I used to use liquid karma too, but now use humic acid. I used to use fish and guano too, now I use botanicals....you seeing a pattern here? There's good n gooder and the more you read you find the reasons to use one over another.

I hope you don't take this as critisms because your plants really do look nice, but I do think you can do better than maxicrop.....scrappy

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I aint listening to shit unless you got documentation.

Cold-pressing is actually worse if you do research yourself, there are different regulations in each state and Europe included and basically they state a setting of a maximum temperature at which the product can reach and still be called/sold as cold pressed, these are the world regulations for cold-pressing.

Go get me some paperwork to prove what you say as it is the process of cold-pressing which heats the matireal up and degrades it.

There is more of a benefit to the environment and product when making it the way Maxicrop do,

It is also Soil Association approved,,, Beat That,, and there the word leaders in seaweed science.

Maxicrop is also a local company so whatever it is your trying to sell or suggest I ain't buying it, because it won't be as cheap, economical, environmental, or as powerfull in ascophyllum nodosum concentrates.

What,, how many fucking products you buying,, I believe your missing the point.. Maxicrop is an all round 1 part feed.

Seandawg

Heat degrades just about all materials.
This is why cooking meat is a form of predigestion. Because the heat breaks down the material making it easier for your body to consume. Asking for documentation on heating materials to prove degradation is like asking for documentation for the sky being blue, it's basically common knowledge. Your actually getting pretty sound advice and being stubborn about it. It's sad that as well as your plants are doing now they could actually be doing even better for a cheaper price.

I haven't purchased any type of "fertilizers" for many years now and things have only progressively gotten better and better thanks to great advice from Scrappy, CT, and Gas.

Whether you take the advice or not. Bless you, and I hope only good things come to you in the future.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
I aint listening to shit unless you got documentation.

Cold-pressing is actually worse if you do research yourself, there are different regulations in each state and Europe included and basically they state a setting of a maximum temperature at which the product can reach and still be called/sold as cold pressed, these are the world regulations for cold-pressing.

Go get me some paperwork to prove what you say as it is the process of cold-pressing which heats the matireal up and degrades it.

There is more of a benefit to the environment and product when making it the way Maxicrop do,

It is also Soil Association approved,,, Beat That,, and there the word leaders in seaweed science.

Maxicrop is also a local company so whatever it is your trying to sell or suggest I ain't buying it, because it won't be as cheap, economical, environmental, or as powerfull in ascophyllum nodosum concentrates.

What,, how many fucking products you buying,, I believe your missing the point.. Maxicrop is an all round 1 part feed.
You want a source? An unimpeachable source?

Try reading Seaweed in Agriculture & Horticulture by William A. Stephenson - he founded Maxicrop in 1952.

That jug of 'liquid' seaweed extract is simply rehydrated powder - powder made from hitting the kelp fronds with Potassium or Sodium Hydroxide as is done to cremate animals and humans.

What's left is a black powder devoid of anything other than the Elements - Alginic acid, Mannitol, etc. are gone. Burned away - finis.

there are different regulations in each state and Europe included and basically they state a setting of a maximum temperature at which the product can reach and still be called/sold as cold pressed, these are the world regulations for cold-pressing.

Delusional - at best

You're welcome

CC