What's new

Second Chances

noWon

Finally I have the time and energy for an update.

First off, I thank all of you for your continued support!

I have found out that it kills my back to trim. Holding my arms up working the scissors puts me in agony so I may need to invest in some kind of auto trimmer.

Casey Jones from Harborside finished

I ended up with just under 16 ounces of dried bud. But in my opinion, this is not a good cut of Casey Jones they are passing around. The smoke is nothing compared to my CJ grown from seed or the CJ given to me from joeshmoe. Perhaps I truly screwed it up, but to me good genetics will produce good bud even if you screw it up.

The smoke is very harsh, thats all I can really say about it is harsh. The high is relaxing but just for a short period of time. Does minimize the pain which is a plus. I guess I am not happy with the taste and appearance of the final result. Turned out to be very airy. Sticky though. Perhaps the smoke will be better after a nice cure, but I doubt it. This stuff tastes like an ashtray from the jump.

Well, other than that, I have been battling what I believe to be damping off. Turns out the rockwool I started liking so much began causing my plants to mysteriously die overnight. Took me some time to troubleshoot the matter. This caused me to get a little depressed as I lost just about everything :cry:

I will be back with more as it is time to water the outdoor...

noWon

Mr Eckted

I'm sorry the bud was a bit disappointing dude, hopefully these will at least get you through to the next run.

As for the nute burn or deficiencies, maybe you're paying TOO MUCH attention to those things.

I just adjust the water's PH one time right after it comes out of the tap (I adjust it to about 6), and then forget about it, and the plants seem to LOVE it.

Also, I'm using the AN Sensi line, and it seems to work great. In veg, they get the 2 part veg fert, at around 800 or 900 PPM, and then in flower, they get the 2 part bloom, bud candy, and bud blood for a total of around 1500 PPM in their water.

The plants seem to respond very well to this, and it has the added benefit that i`m not constantly worrying about my water.

I should add that there`s a picture of the nutes I`m using in the thread in my sig at the end of it.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
man those jar look sweet!!!. im so happy you have your weed ready for ya smoke and can't wait to see you busy again in the garden, so stay good and start the new one soon please you have the green thumb !!

noWon

HiYa Mr Eckted :wave: Its all good. Just trying to give my honest opinion on my final result. Yeah, I probably over do it at times :bashhead: I need to stick more to the K.I.S.S. method LOL

killerweed31, :thank you: your too kind my friend. Thanks for your support. I should have my room running again soon :D

Well I have been busy making some changes. I decided to make the move to coco after all the good things I have heard about it and due to the issue of damping off I am having with the rockwool.

I am also in process of putting together another cloner that will support 15 cuttings as my 81 site cloner is overkill and too much to clean

I will have some pics when I am done with the cloner. I am going to change the sprayers to spinners as I feel it produces roots faster.

Will have an update on my outdoor shortly :D

noWon

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
sorry to hear the casey was a disappointment man - Joe definitely had that plant dialed in so I can understand the frustration you must be experiencing

noWon

Its all good soulfly :D but yeah I had my heart set on what I have had in the past. Hopefully she will do better outdoor :D

Yeah Joe had it going on! I will never forget a few years back on his birthday of all days, as he always shared the kindness, he said "here take this, I sprouted a few seeds". He gave me a sister to his CJ which I didnt keep. :cry: I have been in search of this pheno ever since. That pheno made me laugh my ass off, brought so much joy into my life cause I do not really laugh and take life too seriously. That kind of smoke really makes a person like me really enjoy life. Too bad it is hard to find those keepers.

Real quick before I go water

Here is another chance at a keeper as I started her from the seed. The only female I got so hopefully :blowbubbles:
She is about 8to9ft tall

Here is more CJ but obtained from Harborside

Some Grand Daddy Purple

And Burkle

I have a few more photos to share but I gotta go water before the heat starts baking my outdoor...

noWon

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
:tiphat:
Hats off to ya on the backyard garden, big and burly
would be an understatement, still got my eye on that burkle,
she a sweet look'n Lil~lady for damn sure, how's she smoke ?

:plant grow:
9 feet high and still grow'n, thats frick'n awesome my friend,
keep the posts coming, I could look at your backyard all day ! :bigeye:
peace :ying:

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Beautiful update brother.
Sorry about the CJ disappointment.
Take it easy and try to have a laugh from time to time ;)

noWon

Thanks lil~greensprout, :wave: Burkle is what I think Kim Kardashian would look like if she were a mj plant. She is such a fox, diva, she makes me foam at the mouth just from her looks. I become mesmerized when I look at her and I can stare at her beauty all day :D She smokes well but I can not recall her taste sadly to say. After chemo, I dont remember much during that period. But on a scale from 1 to 10 I would give a 7 or 8 overall for the medicinal effect. I must say I am very hard to please. I have only had 1 that I would give a 10 for potency and That would be Romulan and a very close runner up would be chem 4. Chem 4 got me through chemo :blowbubbles:

Here is a pic of Burkle from last year before her colors come out :artist:

HiYa Paulo :wave: Thanks, and I'll try and take it easy but it is hard at times. For example, I shared some smoke with a friend that made the comment that he didnt feel my smoke was that good because he didnt cough when he smoked it. I give it my smoke wasnt all that but holy cow, I just couldnt believe that he thought that coughing makes a good smoke. I have always wanted my smoke to be as smooth as silk and as sweet as candy unless she is a roadkill skunk. I just love the smell of skunk.

Anyway, enough of me rambling on about stuff because I need to get things rolling again.
That damping off problem really made a setback on my plans but maybe it was better that way.
Here is how things are looking in the veg room. The coco has made a big difference vs the rockwool.
Life is finally coming back :D

Went ahead and changed from sprayers to spinners for my cloner

And then I loaded her up with some Bubba Kush clones on 8/15

Found the pump died on the cloner on 8/17 due to me forgetting to clear the plastic after I threaded the pvc so basically no water was flowing :bashhead: I replaced the pump and all is well but may delay the cloning time.

gonna start a thread for my outdoor cause I am just going to need some guidance growing them.

Other than that, not much else going on

noWon