What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

seaweed/worm castings are all PGR

Dube

Puffinpass according to some studies the only synthetic ones that most likely causes cancer are Paclobutrazol and Alar but most likely the same natural PGR would give cancer. I just wanted to know how you guys can sleep at night lol. Maybe I am a little overboard but when you start messing around with hormones, some weird things can start happening. Just look at all the hormones they put in your food like chicken for example. Sure they grow faster like when u give seaweed to your plants but in the end we are screwing around with mother nature and its goanna bite us back one day or another. Better be safe than sorry. Just my 2 cent. But hey no one seem to really care anyway so lets keep things up like they are and make this world the shit hole it's always been because of this virus called humans who think they can play god.
Chickens haven't been given hormones in the U.S. since the 1950's

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Wow, didn't know I was goanna get bashed by immature people who got offended cause they use the stuff and can't take food for thought
As someone familiar with presenting contentious subjects on icmag (lol), I feel I have to point out a bit kit you're missing. You need to do your research on a very detailed level. You need facts to back up your statement. Your research did not delve into the differences between natural and synthetic PGRs. As puffinpasV2.0 posted,

You do not seem to understand the difference between natural PGR's and a synthetic PGR. The ones that are known to cause cancer are synthetic. The PGR's in worm castings and seaweed are not; they are natural and not known to cause cancer.
You'll see this with many man-made copies of nature. Red dye from cherries is not cancerous, while the red dye previously used in M&M's definitely causes cancer.

Chickens haven't been given hormones in the U.S. since the 1950's
They quit giving them amphetamines in their feed as well. Now it's antibiotics and synthetic vitamins.

Just my 2 cent. But hey no one seem to really care anyway so lets keep things up like they are and make this world the shit hole it's always been because of this virus called humans who think they can play god.
That's rather negative. Did you know? Your view of the world is a reflection of your thoughts, so perhaps think about giving a bit of time toward changing the content of your thoughts?

little-soldier

I am just saying, if you wanna go ahead and give extra hormones to your plants then go for it, I just wanted people to know that seaweed and many other amendements have PGR in them.Yes they are natural but still, you are playing with mother nature (again, humans trying to play god when in fact they are dumb as a box of rocks). The cancer shit I didn't start, i just said they are bad because you are adding something that mother nature doesn't because its already present in the plant at the EXACT ratio it needs. Wish I would have known when I first started growing but you live and you learn. You are right about chicken but they do give hormones to beef cattle so in the end hormones are given to the shit we eat was my point. And last but certainly not least, look around buddy, this world is a freakin mess so I am what I am because I am the product of my environment. If you can't admit that then you belong to the sheep herd. People say I am negative but I tell them, I am being realistic. Maybe if everyone would be realistic like I am it would be the beginning of a change. People who chose to ignore reality are the happiest in the world. Ignorance is bliss but chosing to be ignorant is repugnant which is what the world is like today. So ya, I know I am negative/realistic because I chose to be. It means I am awake, I can see through all the bull and believe me, it stinks.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
220px-Roflcopter.gif

Latest posts

Latest posts