What's new

Seattle Hempfest

DabSnob

as the OP stated, he owns/runs a hydro shop so he will know many more products then me but
Gravity by Humboldt Nutrients and Eagle 20

Recently the United states pulled Reverse by Dutch masters because it contains carcinogens known to cause cancer aswell.
Human Health
Assessment

In carcinogenicity studies using mice, daminozide caused some
increase in the incidence of malignant and benign tumors. UDMH caused a
slight increase in liver tumors in rats, and produced liver vascular tumors
and lung tumors in mice. EPA has classified UDMH as a Group B2,
"probable human carcinogen." Since UDMH is dependent on the presence
of the parent chemical, daminozide also has been classified as a Group B2
carcinogen
information found at http://www.epa.gov/oppsrrd1/REDs/factsheets/0032fact.pdf
this page http://carcin.oxfordjournals.org/content/21/3/387.full also lists MANY other carcinogens and mutagens out there, time to start checkin ALL the bottles we use.

i know there are more but a good way to find out is to look for the "for use on ornamental plants only" warning. there are SO many carcinogens and mutagens out there.

V

vonforne

All the more reason to grow Naturally or as the marketers say.....Organic and not the Organic crap in a bottle but the real deal. Living soil.

After all you are what you eat as they say.

V

C

CT Guy

Ozark,

To me the difference is that most cannabis consumers are completely uneducated and unaware. In fact, I would say the same about growers as well. They don't realize the implications of smoking unknown weed or by using a certain product when growing their plant.

When you go to a State Fair and see overweight people eating deep fried bacon or cotton candy, I feel like at least they are aware that what they are putting in their bodies is bad for them.

How many people look at cannabis as "medicine" when it might in fact be killing them?

I want to start a writing on these subjects, maybe a blog. People need to learn and at least have the choice to still consume or use these products. I was at the Far West Show this week, which is the industry trade show for the wholesale nursery side of things. There was a talk on organic land care management that I went to. It was complete crap! The most progressive idea they discussed was sheet mulching with cardboard over an existing lawn and putting bark over it for weed management.

~CT

PS: I need to compile a list of products, but as a general rule most things that claim to be a "bud hardener" or increase bud density may actually have these carcinogens. Though 99%of what you find in a hydro shop is going to be way overpriced for what it is. That's why people in this forum recommend using raw ingredients found online or in feed stores. Most of the organic nutes on the market are overpriced molasses, kelp, humic acid, alfalfa, and fish in some combination or other. They make claims relating to trace minerals, chelation, enzymes, and other benefits that are naturally occurring in the ingredients listed above.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Like you said most products are overpriced, that's why it is good to look to other things like rock dust, alfalfa (non-gmo), worm castings, blackstrap molasses, perhaps non-gmo lecithin as a plant growth stimulator.

Most fertilizers based on bloodmeal, bonemeal or any manure can be contaminated with medicine residues like antibiotics, growth hormones etc.

Keep on growing :)

Ickis

Veteran
LOL! OK I have to admit. You are a mellow, cool cat OrganicOzarks. Take care and may all your buds be sticky, tasty and pack a punch.

Peace!

FatherEarth

Veteran
Ozark,
Im pretty sure I know where you are I agree the majority of people dont care about the herbs they are smoking. IMO due to the availability of local market and the lack of education. Not to mention a society that embraces and celebrates unhealthy habits. A general lack of care for health other than avoiding the flu or the common cold. 2k miles to the west, you have those same folks as well as those who could care less. There is also, a fairly large and growing population of folks who do care, and go to great lengths to ensure what they are ingesting as well as providing for others is safe to the best of our knowledge. Where you live being health conscious is a daily challenge and a struggle. It can be done but its not easy especially if you only eat organic and are vegan. I too live by those principles and have dealt with living with such challenges. This is also why I left and headed west, where I have nestled in with other birds of a feather. It was only then I could take it to the next level. I see organic education for growers like free taster samples of who knows what at the grocery store. Lots of people will walk by, those interested will have a taste. Once they taste it, as long as its the right stuff, they wont be able to eat just one. I used to think organic herb was garbage. Never saw anything organic worth talking about. Most organic growers have the right idea they just arent going all the way with it. Once you get it right, nothing compares, as most of us here already are well aware. On another note, most organic products aren't any healthier nutrient wise. As Dan Kitteredge explains the USDA OMRI etc is only a procedure. It doesn't guarantee nutritionally balanced food it only excludes certain pesticides and chemicals.
IMO worth the sticker, but not gaining health just avoiding the normal poisons for the masses.

This is what we need
Applied to cannabis for public 'providers' of medicinal and recreational crops...

Grow your own everything and take back responsibility for your own health. my 2.

Respectfully,

FE

V

vonforne

Ozark,
Im pretty sure I know where you are I agree the majority of people dont care about the herbs they are smoking. IMO due to the availability of local market and the lack of education. Not to mention a society that embraces and celebrates unhealthy habits. A general lack of care for health other than avoiding the flu or the common cold. 2k miles to the west, you have those same folks as well as those who could care less. There is also, a fairly large and growing population of folks who do care, and go to great lengths to ensure what they are ingesting as well as providing for others is safe to the best of our knowledge. Where you live being health conscious is a daily challenge and a struggle. It can be done but its not easy especially if you only eat organic and are vegan. I too live by those principles and have dealt with living with such challenges. This is also why I left and headed west, where I have nestled in with other birds of a feather. It was only then I could take it to the next level. I see organic education for growers like free taster samples of who knows what at the grocery store. Lots of people will walk by, those interested will have a taste. Once they taste it, as long as its the right stuff, they wont be able to eat just one. I used to think organic herb was garbage. Never saw anything organic worth talking about. Most organic growers have the right idea they just arent going all the way with it. Once you get it right, nothing compares, as most of us here already are well aware. On another note, most organic products aren't any healthier nutrient wise. As Dan Kitteredge explains the USDA OMRI etc is only a procedure. It doesn't guarantee nutritionally balanced food it only excludes certain pesticides and chemicals.
IMO worth the sticker, but not gaining health just avoiding the normal poisons for the masses.

This is what we need
Applied to cannabis for public 'providers' of medicinal and recreational crops...

Grow your own everything and take back responsibility for your own health. my 2.

Respectfully,

FE

Great post FE and right on point. I am in the ´area just a few miles east´ although there is am organic population here it reflects the convenience that most americans value in using bottled nutrients. `Organic´ is new to most here but to a few old hippie types the USDA cert is a joke. They are currently going against it and have omitted it from their group of farmers that grow organic. I have gained a following of sorts that wish to learn a different way of growing. Most of them in the general gardening sector who are willing to listen and learn what little I know. It has opened a new window for some but they must see to believe. As far as cannabis growers go......I hear ´I have grown for years´ and there is little change for them. I have a friend who says that to me and at the same time he asks if I can come and look at whats wrong with his plants. My response is ´I am not a bottle baby or a cal\mag wizard´I grow in a living soil so I am no help to you. He is one of those who wants a quick fix in his bag of 200-200-200 fertilizer from the local box garden store. lmao and he just keeps pouring that shit on his meds and wonders why he has problems. He has seen my garden and wants to know what I do to get them to look like they do............go figure.

V