What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seasol

mwz

Veteran
Use at 4mL/L Mountaindragon :D

I think FTW could have originated from video games like World of Warcfrat, where in Player vs Player battles people would scream, i.e. capslocks, ALLIANCE FTW!! or HORDE FTW!!! as a battle cry when the game started.

A bit off topic, I don't play the game any more, much prefer gardening!! :D

ozzieAI

Veteran
I was always under the impression that seasol was more just a soil treatment to help promote/stimulate microbial activity in said soil, which in turn then processes many of the micro/lesser nutrients already in the soil into a form that is more freely available to the plants root system.
I am very curious about its benefits as a foliar application and keen to try it out....what sort of mix is recommended for foliar application?

what the plant takes up through the roots it also takes up through the leaves..like taking a dab over munching down on a cookie or 3...

i use seasol for cloning and getting seeds started by soaking my jiffy peat pellets in a mild seasol mix

i guessimate my seasol dosage....can't really hurt anything..i go by water colour more than anything but 4ml sounds right to me

FTW = For The Win...

what the plant takes up through the roots it also takes up through the leaves..like taking a dab over munching down on a cookie or 3...

Yeah mate, Im with ya on the idea of foliar feeding, and i have done it in the past....just not with Seasol.
The thing is i was under the impression that Seasol itself does not have anything in it that is of any great direct benefit to the plant itself. Little in the way of actual usable nutrients as such, but does contain all the goodies to promote microbial life in the soil which then in turn process the locked up goodies in the soil for the plant to access....That is why i don't really understand about the benefits of using regular 'Seasol' as a foliar application....'Powerfeed' definitely, but 'Seasol'....I dunno?

That said....I do love a good experiment! I just took some fresh cutting to get going so i will perform a little side by side test with a couple of em!:biggrin:

ozzieAI

Veteran
MD microbes don't just live in the soil....they are everywhere....

i'll repost this:
Seasol is a dynamic plant tonic, however it is not by definition a fertiliser in that it contains virtually no nitrogen or phosphorus.
Plant tonics work differently to fertilisers and provide benefits that fertilisers can’t.
Seasol is a powerful pick-me-up for your garden and a real friend during times of plant stress. It is a plant booster that promotes tougher more resilient plants, healthier growth, stronger roots, bigger, better blooms and higher yields.

please do the experiment...i am underway with one now comparing growth rates of plants using neem as a soil drench...

This is gonna be fun actually.....I have 6 clones in total - 3 Afghans and 3 Bastardised Bubblegum x God know what mongrel crossed things, so i shall run the experiment simultaneously on both strains. Will grow them all in the exact same medium (an organic soil mix) and under the exact same light regime. One of each i shall water and feed as i usually do, another of each i will do the same but also foliar feed with just Seasol, and the last of each I might replace my usual feedings with nothing but foliar applications of a seasol/powerfeed combo.....should be interesting!
Will have to get myself another decent camera (f**k knows where the one i had has walked off to!) so i can start a weekly journal thread to show the results.
I knew coming to IC was gona be a good idea....ya got me excited and thinkin outside my usual box already!:chin:

mwz

Veteran
I have used Seasol in conjunction with Charlie Carp Organic and Neutrog's GO-GO Juice and all I can say is frigging :D Stand back and watch your plants roost

Hey b00m!

I bought some GO-GO Juice and am thinking about getting some Charlie Carp. I was wondering if you could give me some specifics!! :D Keeping in mind I grow hydroponically and will be foliar applying,

1) What phase do you spray?, i.e. only in veg? or veg and flower? or veg and some of flower?
2) How often do you foliar this combination? i.e. daily, every second day or weekly?
3) How many mL of GO-GO Juice and Charlie Carp do you mix to a litre?

Thanks man really appreciate it!

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Hey b00m!

I bought some GO-GO Juice and am thinking about getting some Charlie Carp. I was wondering if you could give me some specifics!! :D Keeping in mind I grow hydroponically and will be foliar applying,

1) What phase do you spray?, i.e. only in veg? or veg and flower? or veg and some of flower?
2) How often do you foliar this combination? i.e. daily, every second day or weekly?
3) How many mL of GO-GO Juice and Charlie Carp do you mix to a litre?

Thanks man really appreciate it!
Hey mwz, GO-GO Juice is a micro-biotic soil conditioner bro, I only use it in root application not foliar, not sure how it would go hydroponically, I use it all the way through Veg and 3/4 of the way through Flower. More so when I think the plant needs a bit of a boost in flower.
Seasol foliar sprays 2-3 times a week through Veg and stop the foliar spraying once there is a definite flower tip growing, or if the plant is telling me it's OK and a spray is not required.
Sometimes I mix in the Charlie Carp for the foliar but usually mix that up with the Go-Go and apply at the roots. I used the CC at almost double the 10ml per 10l stated (couple of times through the season) and the plants loved it, but I don't recommend you doing that, stick to the required amount.
I mix up all products at whatever the stated measurement is for that product.
Maybe someone with experience using GO-GO Juice in a hydroponic style setup can chime in.
Hope that helps you out mate :gday:

mwz

Veteran
Thanks man, I think I'll take it back to Bunnings and swap it for the Charlie Carp!

mcsamuels

Hello fellow Seasol users! :tiphat:

I bumped into this stuff locally and decided to pick up a little bottle...was cheap and looked like good stuff. I'm wondering for those who mix it in to water their soil what ratio you use?

I have plants that are 2 weeks into veg from seed, and based upon the seasol FAQ I mixed 10ml/1L . Sound right?

Also according to their website the ph of Seasol is 9.5-10, but in the FAQ it says something about it not effecting soil ph at all. Anyone have any Ph problems while using it?

Also planning on using neem for my soil later down the road!

ozzieAI

Veteran
10ml/litre is more than i use, i generally use 3 - 5ml/litre, i grow organically so ph isn't that much of a factor for me. what neem are you going to use cake or oil? if using oil make sure you go 100% pure and not that hydrophobic stuff. also make sure it is emulsified before using the oil...

mcsamuels

Thanks Ozzie. Hmm, well maybe I went a bit overboard then...gave em the 10ml dosage yesterday. I'll see how they respond...I wasn't planning on giving them anything else for a while apart from the neem and humic acid.

Yea I have pure neem oil. Would a drop of hand soap work as an emulsifier?

mcsamuels

I can report back that the 10ml dosage did not appear to hurt my babies at all :)

rather the contrary, they appear to be loving it!

Dion

old thread but i searched before starting a new one. I have a question for the seasol users

Can i use only seasol products for an entire grow?

what I'm thinking is to use the seasol throughout, and when in flower also use the power feed?

any idea what the difference between the power feeds is?

they got original, veggie, flowers and fruit, organic, with troforte, season plus power feed?

I'm thinking flowers and fruit....

ClarkGrizz

Difference is npk.. Yes you can just use seasol products.. Try gogo juice along with the seaweed concentrate and the power feed. Grab some potash for flowering...

Torrietree

I used plain old season for the first two weeks from seed, the. Went to red powerfeed for veg and then purple powerfeed for flower. Added some other crap that I can't remember the name of it though but I didn't use it for that long

flamstaa

Just a recent convert to seasol.

I use it on all transplanted plants, indoor hydro coco or outdoor soil and they love it.

Really helps with transplant shock and my bushies in mountain soil always show exceptional rude health after a drink of it

Latest posts

Latest posts