What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Searching for the Best OG (Biker Kush V2.0)

ipot

I took samples from all plants yesterday. Number 1 had a dried nug on it.not bad some taste already heavy high. They will be ready any day now.

J

jaded1

Nice job ipot!Should be top smoke in your near future.Have been smoking biker kush for the last few weeks,mine has a strong up,slightly edgy buzz and is damn tasty!

ipot

Im going to harvest number2 today. It looks done to me. Nice golden color. I like to chop before those little leafs pop out everywhere. Number4 is looking like a day or two. Number1 is looking like 3-4 days maybe more. I started 5 casper ogs all 5 came up. That cookie clone is a monster now. I have to get a 8 gallon to start flower in a weekish.

0iwS3uF.jpg

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I've given out too much rep today..blah...blah.. Plants look killer man. Hard for me to pic a favorite based on looks alone. Really loving those magenta leaves, looks so pretty.

So 9 1/2 weeks for the first plant you harvested. You kept cuts right? Been following this thread, just can't remember. Super cool about those Casper's. That's one variety I always wanted to get. Then when I have seed money, they are always out of stock. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

I would have a hard time culling the males. Knowing the dank progeny they would produce. Be a pretty sick combo, Archive and Karma gear together.

ipot

I've given out too much rep today..blah...blah.. Plants look killer man. Hard for me to pic a favorite based on looks alone. Really loving those magenta leaves, looks so pretty.

So 9 1/2 weeks for the first plant you harvested. You kept cuts right? Been following this thread, just can't remember. Super cool about those Casper's. That's one variety I always wanted to get. Then when I have seed money, they are always out of stock. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

I would have a hard time culling the males. Knowing the dank progeny they would produce. Be a pretty sick combo, Archive and Karma gear together.

Oh yeah I have plenty of clones. Im very interested in the clone run. I have a few that will be ready to flower pretty soon. I have a little pollen from a male biker. I dont know if it is still viable. Do you know if there is a time limit on pollen?

my instagram is @mmjgrower I have some videos on there that are pretty good.

I took number4 down yesterday.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
There is a time limit to pollen, I think it depends on how dry you keep it. Moisture denatures pollen. I have not been very successful at keeping pollen then again I never really made a serious attempt as I always keep a male clone for fresh pollen, if I am planning to breed!

Darpa

Male pollen stay viable for several month if you collect it and store it adequately. I have several samples of pollen from a selected biker kush V2 male that I collected more than a year ago and it's still working perfectly. It was essential in my breeding project in order to backcross my BikerkushXGorillaWreck progeny to it original parent. Make sure you remove any plant material, let it dry on a parchment paper for a couple of days and then transfert under a desiccator to remove any trace of humidity. I use Eppendorf Safe-tube for storage and I only transfert few milligram of pollen per tube. The Eppendorf tube rack is then transfert on a bed of dissicant in a hermetic glass box ready for a deep freeze. I also did a run where I used flour as a blending agent in a 1:1 ratio using the same drying process for the flour and the pollen as describe above. Both work fine, but you get more materiel to work with your brush with the blended one. Check online, there is several information of the preservation of male pollen

ipot

Thanks for the info.

High and taste on the samples is crazy. Smell is nice too. This is prob. going to be just as good or better than that kosher.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I had some pollen that was 2 years old that I made some seeds with over this past summer. I still have a little of it, and I'm going to see if it's still viable real soon. I keep it in a plastic container with a desiccant pack taped to the inside of the lid.

ipot

I put number2 in jars yesterday. 5.8 ounces now prob will go down to a little more than 5. Not too bad.

Darpa

Congratulation IPOT for your work with the Biker Kush. It’s definitely not a strain for novice grower and I can see from you results that you got some experience growing OG. If you are intended to work on a selective breeding project with your best female but that you have only limited supply of pollen from a qualified BK male I could probably help you out… I can't wait to see your next run with those clone!

Cheer

ipot

Congratulation IPOT for your work with the Biker Kush. It’s definitely not a strain for novice grower and I can see from you results that you got some experience growing OG. If you are intended to work on a selective breeding project with your best female but that you have only limited supply of pollen from a qualified BK male I could probably help you out… I can't wait to see your next run with those clone!

Cheer

Thank you. I really think I fucked up with not repotting before flower. Number2 was pretty good but could be better about 90%. Number4 was not that bad but could be I think a lot better, it was very frosty and nice smell. The second round of number1 should be very interesting I think it may prove to be a nice pheno. It smokes pretty good.

I dont think Im going to do any serious breeding, I like the idea of doing something but the more I think about it the more work it seems like. I dont want to accidentally pollinate all my plants.

im judging pretty hard because I want my shit to be in stores.

ipot

I put the cookie in flower about a week ago. A few days ago I put a number2 into flower. I also have a strawbanana cream in there. In the next 2-3 weeks I will put 2 more number2's in flower. The cookie is unhappy I cannot get the watering right or something. It is droopy. Other than that its fine. Veg is just fine. I will start a casper thread when they get bigger.

Kosher kush has the earthy lemon smell, with the earth being the most dominate. Biker has a lemon earth smell. Kosher has been in the jars for a long time, I cant remember if it always smelled like that.

Number1 is actually not that bad nice taste and high. It just has a lot of dead leafs which makes it look ugly. i trimming it and keeping it as a smokesack lol. Second round of that is going to be fire too. I dont know which one to choose yet.

O986QsP.jpg

v2kPMaV.jpg