What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sea Solids make plants EXPLODE in hydro!!

thats the way i've figured it.....
orsica's general recipe in this thread is 1500ppm sea salt/ himalayan salt and 300-500ppm general npk. now considering 200ppm of sea90 has the same amount of minerals as the 1500ppm himalayan salt it no longer dominates the nute line up and looks supplimental. as above mate, trace minerals....

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very Interesting! So ~ 7xs more concentrated.

Also sounds like a good human/pet supplement

I have ~ a years supply for cooking, as well as a supplement.

I mix a HS sol (concentrated solution) keep some in an eye dropper and mix it into my RO drinking water + coffee water. I drink 1+ liters per day during winter

thats the way i've figured it.....
orsica's general recipe in this thread is 1500ppm sea salt/ himalayan salt and 300-500ppm general npk. now considering 200ppm of sea90 has the same amount of minerals as the 1500ppm himalayan salt it no longer dominates the nute line up and looks supplimental. as above mate, trace minerals....

himalayan salt is 98% NaCl and sea90 is about 85% do the math mate its what stopped me thinking along the line of feeding plants just sea salt. considering i run about 750ppm on full blown plants in dwc with a 300ppm background ppm orsica's numbers seemed crazy to me. 1500ppm of sea90 would undoubtedly burn your plants, or maybe not....

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Confused?

Granger2 says 95% of NaCl is removed from Sea90, oh shit he said Sea-Crop:
Sea-Crop is a concentrate that contains all of the wonderful goodness of seawater in concentrated form but with the sodium chloride 95% reduced.

That would certainly change ratios up.

FYI, I run ~ 400 HR V+B ( a complete dry formula, includes fulvic and silica) in mid veg- early flower, then bump to 600, then ~ 800. If I go higher (~1000), it is only for one week.

I would like to think that my feeding regimen + high performance rez could well be the equivalent of a super charger

himalayan salt is 98% NaCl and sea90 is about 85% do the math mate its what stopped me thinking along the line of feeding plants just sea salt. considering i run about 750ppm on full blown plants in dwc with a 300ppm background ppm orsica's numbers seemed crazy to me. 1500ppm of sea90 would undoubtedly burn your plants, or maybe not....

sea crop is not sea90. i'm pretty sure sea crop is just ormus made from sea salt with some fancy extras like sea water, fulvic acid or potassium silicate added.. as for adding ormus/sea crop/sea salt extract to the rez i put about a mil or two every week or 2. It is extremely potent stuff.. actually after adding this small amount it seems to drop my ppm a little.. its strange..

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My main interest is to heal my lawn which has suffered since Hurricane Wilma introduced a wide variety of weeds to my then pristine lawn ~ 8 years ago

I ordered a gallon, and will experiment in my hydro systems, too.

i'm finding the best and easiest way to use it outdoors is just to scatter sea salt on the surface and around trees. i go 1 lb per 100 sq ft, would work great on your lawn.. also i am getting most success planting vines when adding nothing extra than a spoon of salt.. easy and very effective. sea crop seems expensive, why not just get some good sea salt and make your own. Then you can apply it in multiple ways, its easy..

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I want to cut down on the percentage of NaCl I feed the lawn, and since it is ~ 95% NaCl free, and concentrated (1oz/g= 1%) seems inexpensive to me

i'm finding the best and easiest way to use it outdoors is just to scatter sea salt on the surface and around trees. i go 1 lb per 100 sq ft, would work great on your lawn.. also i am getting most success planting vines when adding nothing extra than a spoon of salt.. easy and very effective. sea crop seems expensive, why not just get some good sea salt and make your own. Then you can apply it in multiple ways, its easy..

oh and i wouldn't use it as a weed killer if its that what ur worried about, itll do the opposite..! just pull those weeds before they seed u lazy...

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Funny thing, when you have healthy grass, it chokes the weeds out

oh and i wouldn't use it as a weed killer if its that what ur worried about, itll do the opposite..! just pull those weeds before they seed u lazy...

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Other good stuff besides SeaCrop:

BioAg Ful-Power & BioAg CytoPlus, Age Old Humic 12 & Age Old Sea Kelp. Helps your plants absorb those trace minerals, naturally chelation to make them more bioavailable. Fulvic acid is more direct and a smaller molecular version of humic acid - good for root system.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used BioAg several years ago for my lawn and me.

HR V+B also has fulvic in it
. It's a very complete formula for mj

BioAg Ful-Power & BioAg CytoPlus, Age Old Humic 12 & Age Old Sea Kelp. Helps your plants absorb those trace minerals, naturally chelation to make them more bioavailable. Fulvic acid is more direct and a smaller molecular version of humic acid - good for root system.

gliders420

Can these items be used in rdwc?

Also I'm quite interested in your sig, who is it quoting? And what's the comparison of 'maters? Chem hydro vs. organic hydro? Organic dirt vs. organic hydro? Or...?

fulvic for rdwc and a tiny bit of rhizotonic(seaweed) when young… large amounts of kelp don't go down well in dwc... both very expensive though for large tanks….
i just use calmag ,sea salt and silica, all very cheap..

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Can these items be used in rdwc?

Also I'm quite interested in your sig, who is it quoting? And what's the comparison of 'maters? Chem hydro vs. organic hydro? Organic dirt vs. organic hydro? Or...?
Yeah one of those times you can use organics in hydro. It doesn't involve bennies or living matter and stuff that can clog up your system. bushdriver's right, fulvic acid helps make your nutrients/minreals available just like chealted nutes do for hydro.

1st part of sig was from a General Hydroponics pdf

Guess in my 2nd part of sig it was a comparison to organic hydroponics vs regular hydroponics and more direct availability and feeding of chelated nutrients. Here's the article: http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/organic-hydroponic-produce-not-for-me/

Funny though how things can get changed around by quoting organics vs farmer's use of chemicals and pesticides in supermarket produce, which is different than a real decent hydroponics approach.

And also how organics can be a superior product in some cases when your using hydro (like aspirin vs white willow bark). So I also definitely can't say I'm against organics.

bskl76

Sea salt natural fungide

Sea salt natural fungide

Digging through the BS is what always discourages me. I'll have to see definition of ormus, as I have no idea what that is.

Last year I began incorporating Sea-90 to my foliar 'regimen' and stopped blossom end rot in my tomatoes and squashes. Now I'm reading other stuff about using seawater, but one writer conveys an observable difference between plants grown using natural seawater and one of the mineral mixes (can't recall which one he mentioned).

And so, being a sea-thing, I am intrigued by the possibilities, as well as what differences exist between salt mixes, seawater, sea mineral extractions, and so on.

Hey seamaiden,
New to IC but not growin. I know this thread is old but it's one of my favorite. Anyways, I've read sea salt in water is also natural fungicide. Maybe tht why it stopped rot in ur veggis. I also want to thank u for all the info I obtained from the best thing I added to res thread, another favorite!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
FYI: Sea Crop is potent in small amounts

It has been extraordinary on my lawn

Alas, I had a self induced bad experience in my hydro. Not to worry now recovered. I mixed a fresh batch of V+B to 400ppms then added 200ppms Sea Crop. Idiota,
bashhead.gif

that's 33.3% + in hydro (slurp-slurp 24/7)= no buffering

Within a few days the primary leafs mottled and dried out. I drained/changed the rez and within days new green leafs began to appear.

Here's a before- after- post shot I trimmed off all the dried out leafs

View attachment 255143 View attachment 255142

View attachment 255140 View attachment 255141

bskl76

Organic hydro vs hydro

Organic hydro vs hydro

Yeah one of those times you can use organics in hydro. It doesn't involve bennies or living matter and stuff that can clog up your system. bushdriver's right, fulvic acid helps make your nutrients/minreals available just like chealted nutes do for hydro.

1st part of sig was from a General Hydroponics pdf

Guess in my 2nd part of sig it was a comparison to organic hydroponics vs regular hydroponics and more direct availability and feeding of chelated nutrients. Here's the article: http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/organic-hydroponic-produce-not-for-me/

Funny though how things can get changed around by quoting organics vs farmer's use of chemicals and pesticides in supermarket produce, which is different than a real decent hydroponics approach.

And also how organics can be a superior product in some cases when your using hydro (like aspirin vs white willow bark). So I also definitely can't say I'm against organics.

Het stonefree, do u know when tht article came out in the economist regarding organic hydro? I read it & couldn't get any dates. Thanks