What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sea Solids make plants EXPLODE in hydro!!

dirtyshawa

osirica420 said:
Yea you got it basically right...

You can bubble it in any container just put it in a dark place if you can

As for nute increase fro seeds i like to up it around the 2nd week..
The growth is very fast specially in a waterfarm..

tsp of sea minerals per gallon of water = 2000ppm

What is a "ph'd solution" that you are bubbling nitrozyme in?

I meant by that a bubbled ph monitored solution composed of nitrozyme and sea minerals...

okay, got it. i was going to ask again about what brand of sea mineral but, all i had to do was look at page 1, thalassa mix. that three part nutrient that was suggested looks like a winner especially with the price. are you using those nutrients yet? my final question is about the molasses, i know people usually use it during the final weeks of flowering but, for your particular application you seem to be using it from the jump. in relation to the recipe you gave me would it be necessary?

osirica420

yea molasses is good because it is a chelator(always removing excess nutes fro plant) but it damages roots in hydro..

I stopped using it, if you were to use it it must be bubbled for 3-4 days first...
I flush once a week now instead of using this stuff..

Thalassa mix is hands down the best sea mineral mix out right now shit does wonders!

dirtyshawa

osirica420 said:
yea molasses is good because it is a chelator(always removing excess nutes fro plant) but it damages roots in hydro..

I stopped using it, if you were to use it it must be bubbled for 3-4 days first...
I flush once a week now instead of using this stuff..

Thalassa mix is hands down the best sea mineral mix out right now shit does wonders!

Okay got it. i saw a natural flush on that website allminerals, i think im a order that along with thalassa mix. good looking. ah, you got any new pics?

Kenny Lingus

Wow I finally got myself to sit down and check out this lng thread. Impressing I must admit.

I really liked the results where the bacterial biomass was seriously increased and fungal mas was repeatedly multiplied from 3-4 application to soil/medium!!!

I'd love to be able to use the water straight out of the ocean. (Real helpful for drought ridden areas in these ages I mean...)

Could I basically use local seawater as ingredient for a tonic, or is it a product called "Seawater" you're talking about here?

A local official aquarium has got tap's with keys for hire to hobbyists. This tap deliver water that is pumped from 50meters depth in a pretty strong tidal stream, but that really ain't deep sea I think...

So how deep must water be harvested at?

osirica420

here are some shots of wet and dry Endless Sky and Sweet Tooth to very very potent and tasty strains!!!
Also a few shots of Sour D X g13 Haze still growing also...

I have taken down around 1.6 lbs so far..
I will be posting the clones all at once...

Just started 100 fem cheese seeds for this next round will select 20 of the best and veg the rest to put outside to flower..

I plan on adding krusty bucket techniques to the next grow in a basement should be quite interesting!! :jump:

Growing trees in sea minerals definitely produces potent dank as you can see!!!!

dirtyshawa

yep, yep, yep.............your a beast.

question.........should i/you use thalassa from start to flush or should i/you flush from time to time?

S

strain_searcher

I have known about seacrop for a while but had no idea it could be done in hydro. First off its not about yield its about the quality of the weed. Most of the FAT buds I smoked back in the day tasted like shit chem crap made more money for dealers and made me sick. Your buds however look just as fat as anything I have seen. Great job!

MrFista

Veteran
Well done you converted me and my superstitious ego.

How's the smoke test?

I got to try this stuff in brackish water aquaponics.

Thanks, really, grateful for all the time you've taken and the flak you've withstood to bring this evidence.

ogenko

looks like your killin it with the thalassa mix
i purchased 10# of the sea 90 minerals before i learned of thalassa
has anyone had some good results with sea-90???

osirica420

I would flush every 6 days with ph 5.6 water only for 24 hrs...

Sea-90 works wonders with npk nutes or any sea mineral supplement from a
health store for that matter would work great with npk nutes. tracemineral.com has a product with 99% of the
salt removed and all just trace minerals 75+!

All the weed i have grown this way has been very potent and tasty and smells
great, I can hardly finish half a bone to my head without being retarded for
3hrs no joke...

Can anyone guess the yield on these plants 2 are my biggest!!
Its a very hazy bud structure Sour Diesel x G13 Haze.

Will post some close up shots next. Looks like i will harvest around 3-4 lbs total, I'd say thats not bad...

This is just a single bud i grew 12/12

First plant

2nd

Last edited:

dirtyshawa

i'm terrible at eyeballing herb, but, coke, crack, or heron i don't need a scale. 3-4 p's off those two plants you say, interesting. how tall were they before the chop and how long did you veg them? shit, a p and a half a plant is what i'm trying to get. Osirica, i like your style bra, your outside of the box type of thinking is pure unadulterated motivation for me. i'm just starting my cultivating career and i pretty much thought shooting for indoor per plant yields like that were pretty much fantasy no matter the strain. BRAVO :respect:

osirica420

dirtyshawa said:
i'm terrible at eyeballing herb, but, coke, crack, or heron i don't need a scale. 3-4 p's off those two plants you say, interesting. how tall were they before the chop and how long did you veg them? shit, a p and a half a plant is what i'm trying to get. Osirica, i like your style bra, your outside of the box type of thinking is pure unadulterated motivation for me. i'm just starting my cultivating career and i pretty much thought shooting for indoor per plant yields like that were pretty much fantasy no matter the strain. BRAVO :respect:

Thank you for the kind words...

I meant 3-4 lbs total from whole run, possibly more...
I am thinking i will get around 15 -25oz just from those 2 plants alone.....
Vegged for 40 days, one was 8 feet other was 9 feet!!

Its all about Overstanding how plants grow and take up nutes and how they
utilize them. Once you understand these simple basics there is a world of
exploring to do.... There are a number of things I could of done better this run
and will be def utilizing these new techniques i am learning on my next
basement grow, should have it up within 2 weeks...

Sour Cream is a really tasty strain.. Really paranoid type high though almost too potent...
Really smells like sour cream with a spicy haze mix, and the yield is very well..

Last edited:

osirica420

total yield from harvest is 4 lbs 3ozs..

for 3k watts and my 2nd indoor hydro grow i'd say that is pretty damn good!!!

all praises due to the sea minerals! :bow:

MedResearcher

Veteran
Great thread, alot of people would just keep info like this to themselves. Thanks for sharing.

I can see how its hard for some people to believe/buy into it, because it seems so strange not needing huge amounts of N/P/K.

Just recently my buddy told me about a friend of a friend who grows 5lb trees guerilla style. The interesting part about the story was all the guy uses to feed his trees is bags and bags of trace minerals along with a 0-8-0 guano.

Ill ask what brand of trace minerals this guy uses.

It really reminds me of your findings/thread. They may not be sea salts but I think its based on the same theory that using a strong amount of trace minerals instead of N/P/K can be equal if not better.

So many people follow Lucas and his Lucas formula as a grow bible, so when you state those amounts of nutrients aren't needed, you will get many doubters, even haters..... just ignore/shake em off. I am always shocked by people's inability to accept or even imagine accepting change, this sort of thinking is one of the main reasons weed remains illegal today. Shocking that so many weed activists would have the same ignorance.

MR^^

Tommy

Nice thread osirica420, I've been using the same salts in my veggie garden in an effort to re-mineralize the soil. Only problem I had was this shit is way up there, 8.8pH when you mix it in water. I had to use a huge ammount of sulfer to bring the soil back to a managable level in the garden. You have these problems too?

U

ureapwhatusow

osirica420 said:
I would flush every 6 days with ph 5.6 water only for 24 hrs...

Sea-90 works wonders with npk nutes or any sea mineral supplement from a
health store for that matter would work great with npk nutes. tracemineral.com has a product with 99% of the
salt removed and all just trace minerals 75+!

All the weed i have grown this way has been very potent and tasty and smells
great, I can hardly finish half a bone to my head without being retarded for
3hrs no joke...

Can anyone guess the yield on these plants 2 are my biggest!!
Its a very hazy bud structure Sour Diesel x G13 Haze.

Will post some close up shots next. Looks like i will harvest around 3-4 lbs total, I'd say thats not bad...

This is just a single bud i grew 12/12

First plant

2nd

Awesome plants

there are many approaches to growing

the american standard is to go balls to the wall swith evertyhing exspecially feeding it, because people want instant results

Its funny first thing I thought was the plant is using the same amount of nutrients, but so so efficently it doesnt need the standard overdose.

I think that there is so little real solid science being applied that deviation will yield great rewards plus gave enough instructions that we can duplicate the experiment and see how it works with our systems. Who could ask for more than that.

I take everything with a grain of salty :) haha really

To take a chance and do that with salts, very nice. This thread should be a sticky that includes experimental nutrient grows.

My initial thoughts are that the salt must in someway increase the efficency of nutrient uptake so the level of available nutrients or perhaps they nutrients are readily available to the plant when delivered in a different molecular structure

pretty cutting edge, pretty cool, awesome bud shots

i hope you diary your next grow here or another sea salts grow .. good luck

keeporegongreen

Here's some Sour Cream I grew out. DNA has good stuff.

To be honest your plants look pretty average, as if starved for macros (esp P) in mid flower. Which is exactly what a low dose of PBP with a strong micro (your Sea Solid) would give you. It clearly isn't producing remarkable buds or extreme growth rates (your 90 day strains look like mine at 40, with half the veg).

I'm uncertain as to why you push the Sea Salt agenda with disregard to logic - as soon as you grew plants with high doses of Pure Bloom, your leaves tripled in size and the plants came to life (duh?). It could be the bunk sea-weed you're smoking, pardon the pun.

That said, I think seawater could definitely be used as a micro additive in conjunction with molasses/teas/karma, but I can't see its viability as a stand-alone nutrient.

I appreciate your testing and the time you put into reporting your results. If you chose to do so in a respectful, open-minded fashion I'm sure you'd find similar-minded people similarly open to open-mindedness, similarly. Open.

Peace.

osirica420

keeporegongreen said:
Here's some Sour Cream I grew out. DNA has good stuff.

To be honest your plants look pretty average, as if starved for macros (esp P) in mid flower. Which is exactly what a low dose of PBP with a strong micro (your Sea Solid) would give you. It clearly isn't producing remarkable buds or extreme growth rates (your 90 day strains look like mine at 40, with half the veg).

I'm uncertain as to why you push the Sea Salt agenda with disregard to logic - as soon as you grew plants with high doses of Pure Bloom, your leaves tripled in size and the plants came to life (duh?). It could be the bunk sea-weed you're smoking, pardon the pun.

That said, I think seawater could definitely be used as a micro additive in conjunction with molasses/teas/karma, but I can't see its viability as a stand-alone nutrient.

I appreciate your testing and the time you put into reporting your results. If you chose to do so in a respectful, open-minded fashion I'm sure you'd find similar-minded people similarly open to open-mindedness, similarly. Open.

Peace.

:laughing:

Another moron with his head up his ass and a big ego, that dont know shit about what he is talking about!!

I got 8z avg per plant up to 14oz on one of the great SD x g13 haze dangerously potent. My 2nd time ever growing indoors.

All very hazey phenos nothing like yours at all, all the phenos did not look the same at all very unstable strain..

Also only my first grow i used low macros,( if u even read the thread) and plants loved it NO nute def problems at all!..

Your sour creme looks nice but i had 2 phenos that look the same if not better to certain eyes!

I will continue this thread after i am done setting up my new house..
With clones , 5-6k watts and krusty buckets and 5gal buckets full of coir for clone testing..
D-39, Double Strawberry Diesel, Afghani Skunk will the strains this time

I have clones test running outside ones with sea minerals ones without will take pics next time i visit my spot they are 4 -5feet high..

this is some cured sour d x g13 haze i am smoking on right now, really spicy creamy haze taste, no sour d to be found in any of my phenos.. so many trichs its just looks like a white glare on this shitty camera..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts