What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scumbags & Thieves

EsterEssence

Veteran
I live in a place where everybody has acreage, so I don’t bother to lock the door they will just break a window then I will have to fix that. My biggest problem is my own son he has come and stolen from me so many times I can’t let him back into my life again. I heard he is moving back to the town I live in, not happy. Nothing worse than your own family ripping you off.

Bobby Boucher

Condolences.

Sometimes words just fail. Family matters hurt the most, and they usually make the least sense.

Story time. I was walking down the bike path one day, without anywhere else to be or to go, feeling awfully sorry for myself, when I decided to sit down at a bridge and have myself a good ol' fashioned mental breakdown.

After 30-40 minutes of wallowing in my own pity, I was approached by a concerned old man who had seen me from his house in the distance and thought I was having a bipolar/schizophrenic fit. He asked what was wrong, and after hearing the string of events that led me there to that bridge, he was left totally speechless.

He scratched his head for a moment, asked me to stay where I was while he ran in the house and grabbed a book for me called "The Art of Happiness". Still got it here on the coffee table.

What little Buddhism I've studied from that book and the internets, has completely eliminated all the negativity I've associated with my past. Shit just.. happens. Good, bad, give, take. That's life. Trying to make sense of it is a fruitless endeavor.

I don't mean to sound cliche, or like I even know wtf I'm talking about, but losing family sucks, and I truly wish you and your son new beginnings with peace and good health. Things are just things, after all.

Nam myoho renge kyo.

St. Phatty

I live in a place where everybody has acreage, so I don’t bother to lock the door they will just break a window then I will have to fix that. My biggest problem is my own son he has come and stolen from me so many times I can’t let him back into my life again. I heard he is moving back to the town I live in, not happy. Nothing worse than your own family ripping you off.

It's wierd how family relations can deteriorate over time.

Last time I asked my older brother for help with a small real estate management problem - he has 40 years in the Real Estate industry - he told me to "obtain a firearm and shoot the place up".

That was about a year ago & we haven't talked since.