What's new

SCREW FACEBOOK

irishrevolution

I'm back and will never visit facebook again!!! It was great at first, a tool for getting in touch with old friends. Meeting ladies! But you know that you can't delete the bleeding thing because you would subsequently have 1000 friends wondering why you have decided to cut them out of your life, or you have three people that live 5000 miles away that would cost you £1/$1 a minute to phone. The mellow-drama that can happen from a status update. I've broken up with a girlfriend of four years because of facebook. People are able to talk shit and it doesn't phase them because they don't say it to you in person, some 'typing courage'!

So, I've started this thread to show some hate for facebook and hopefully you guys can support on this and post your reasons for hating facebook up on this thread.

Thanks guys much love and appreciation.

Che

Veteran
I'll toke to that man, fuck facebook it's an information gathering tool for LEO's anyways
Wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole

HAHAHAH! Great thread....FACEBOOK SUCKS! This morning i woke up and decided to cancel my facebook page....lol....It takes 14 days for it to go in effect...Once you plant to cancel it, you cannot go on it within the 14 days or it will automatically continue your account......

Facebook is just to weird.....You got all these people that really dont give a shit about each other, but they pretend that they are best friends.....lol...Its so much bullshit...i cant take it anymore.....Its not even worth going on to see what your crazy in-laws are writing....and seriously.....enough with all the philosophical quotes....lol..everyone on there is a fucking philosopher....Lol...

The only good thing about FB, is being able to get in touch with friends that you haven't seen or heard of....Ehh, I can live without that too.....hahaha...again, cool thread, and I'm with ya...not to even mention the whole "spy" situation that I have read about....another way to be tracked?

irishrevolution

Reasons to Hate Facespace

1. Facebook is pretty much a self-inflicted privacy eradicator. Signing up on that little registration page so that you can see pictures of your distant relatives new baby seems innocent enough, how many of you realise that facebook then own every single piece of information that you ever upload/write on their site? I may as well put an advert on craigslist/gumtree giving people my address, leaving my door unlocked, and telling them when I will be on holiday.

2. People 'poke' you. In real life I do not want people that I haven't seen for four years walking up to me and 'poking' me. This is in my opinion rather odd behaviour. Facebook would be a lot better if it had a 'Punch Me' button.

3. Why do people insist on inviting you to a group over and over again until you 'accept'? You have been invited to join a group on 18th Century Steam Engines 'Reject Invitation', You have been invited to join a group on 18th Century Steam Engines 'Reject Invitation' You have been invited to join a group on 18th Century Steam Engines 'Reject Invitation'. Would those same people post you 28 letters inviting you to a wedding? or would they perhaps get the point? Facebook it seems has also legalised harassment.

4. People that invite all 500 of their friends to a group because they "have lost their phone and need everybody's numbers", when they actually only had about 50 numbers on their phone and haven't called most of those for three years?

5. Friends 'Suggestions', which always show about two dozen people that you are 100% certain you have never met in your life. I will continue to make my own friends in real life without your suggestions, but..... errrr..... thanks for the suggestion?

6. Notifications. You make one comment on one photo/status/wall post and you subsequently get 34 notifications telling you that other people have also commented. Fuck you facebook, I just wanted to say that the photo looked nice.

Tilt

facebook is a social memetic experiment ushering us closer to a one world government. Privacy freedom and self determination will get consumed by the greater good.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Reasons to Hate Facespace

1. Facebook is pretty much a self-inflicted privacy eradicator. Signing up on that little registration page so that you can see pictures of your distant relatives new baby seems innocent enough, how many of you realise that facebook then own every single piece of information that you ever upload/write on their site? I may as well put an advert on craigslist/gumtree giving people my address, leaving my door unlocked, and telling them when I will be on holiday.

2. People 'poke' you. In real life I do not want people that I haven't seen for four years walking up to me and 'poking' me. This is in my opinion rather odd behaviour. Facebook would be a lot better if it had a 'Punch Me' button.

3. Why do people insist on inviting you to a group over and over again until you 'accept'? You have been invited to join a group on 18th Century Steam Engines 'Reject Invitation', You have been invited to join a group on 18th Century Steam Engines 'Reject Invitation' You have been invited to join a group on 18th Century Steam Engines 'Reject Invitation'. Would those same people post you 28 letters inviting you to a wedding? or would they perhaps get the point? Facebook it seems has also legalised harassment.

4. People that invite all 500 of their friends to a group because they "have lost their phone and need everybody's numbers", when they actually only had about 50 numbers on their phone and haven't called most of those for three years?

5. Friends 'Suggestions', which always show about two dozen people that you are 100% certain you have never met in your life. I will continue to make my own friends in real life without your suggestions, but..... errrr..... thanks for the suggestion?

6. Notifications. You make one comment on one photo/status/wall post and you subsequently get 34 notifications telling you that other people have also commented. Fuck you facebook, I just wanted to say that the photo looked nice.

roflmao :laughing:

but it's true, using that shit is like walking around with a tracking chip. never joined, never will. much too much privacy is lost when you join sites like that. isn't there a video where the founder of face book rips on his members, how dumb they are to give him all this real life info? maybe i'm mixing it up? still wise to stay away from that place.

Avid Fan

'baw-jaw magraw likes your status'
this is why i hate facebook,i dont give a fuck what you think of my status baw-jaw,you can shove it up your ass!!
i lasted one day,all the dicks from school sending friend requests.your the reason i left,go away and die inside your mum!!!

ooh,that felt good!

LUDACRIS

Veteran
Avid Fan. 'baw-jaw magraw likes your status'
this is why i hate facebook,i dont give a fuck what you think of my status baw-jaw,you can shove it up your ass!!
i lasted one day,all the dicks from school sending friend requests.your the reason i left,go away and die inside your mum!!!

ooh,that felt good!

picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i'm sure there are many couples that end up fighting because of facebook. some weirdo sends you a pic of herself and your woman sees it and flips. or the whole friend thing, better not have any female friends lol. southpark did a great episode on facebook and exposed what a life eating bunch of shit that place is. the only useful function it has is for finding old friends you lost contact with, but even that can be done without facefook.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I've never had an account at facespace. I just had a weird feeling about it. Now I'm glad I never joined.

I think someone may have started a page for me because I get emails about friend requests and a few years ago someone I knew started texting me saying we were on facebook right then. I was like, ...what??

F'in bs.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
I'm on facebook :) Widda fake name, fake b-day and an email i created just for that shit, and even if you knew my fake name and/or email, u still wouldn't find me, cause i like it that way. Not that i'ma big user, visit there once a week or so.. Took on a habit of liking peoples stuff, just so i can unlike it later :) Hate that happyhappy thing where you can only like crap, and not dislike it right away.. Kinda like voting, if there was a way to give negative votes, i'd be voting every time they elect anything. But yea, there are people that take it too far and whine about stuff they are to blame for; listing relationships, friends, schools, jobs, kids, where u'r from, where u'r at, where u'r going on yer vacation 4 months from now.. Then go around and complain that their privacy and/or personal data might be at stake, cause facebook ain't that safe or well thought out.

Someone said something about high school mates or something like that, too right mang. If i wanted to stay in touch with those people, i would have.. Back in the day when i had a real facebook account and got those "hey hey, long time no see, whatchu been up to since i saw you last time, what like 20 years ago?" messages, i was like; Oh man, this ain't gonna work for me :) Cancelled that one pretty fast.. But this fake shit ain't bad, cause u can control yers buddy list better and not bother with ppl you kinda know. Does save money and time communicating with pals overseas and stuff like that.. I bet it's a love/hate thing for most users :)

I have a couple of FB addict pals tho, i kinda feel bad for em. Always there liking something and chatting away, wishing they had a life beyond their jobs in the real freakin' world.

But, i do think u can do away with those status updates, notifications and suggestions.. Just find the setting and do it :)

gavin2511

i hate facebook, had 125 friends, all ex army buddies, wife got jelouse closed my account, shes still useing facebook.
not me, POKE it up ur rectum!

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
i thought i was just me,,,ive never been into any of that shit facebook twitter bebo & all the other shit....

why the fuck would i want to talk to bawbags i went to school with,,even more important why the Fuck would i want them to find me...

so am right then,,am not the sado/weirdo/bawbag is everyone else:dance013:

keep it green
highlander