What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scoring in Waikiki (Hawaii)

high_hopes

I am here on my honeymoon, looking for some good herb. I'm staying right in Waikiki (Hilton Hawaiian Village), but have not been able to locate any. I'm not out asking any random dudes though, but thought it would be easier than it has been.

Anybody have any suggestions to find some here in Waikiki? I wish I knew someone here, but unfortunately I do not.

Any help is appreciated! I am here until Wed, 10/14

Thanks

H

humboldtlocal

Ask the bartenders at your hotel or call a taxi and ask the driver. Taxi drivers know everything. You can get anything on Oauhu but it is going to be pricey and probably not that impressive. And wet too. The bud just never dries out on the islands, to humid.

vta

Veteran
The bud just never dries out on the islands, to humid.

huh? I've had great tasting, perfectly cured bud in Hawaii. I never paid over 60 an eighth. Of course there is low quality but there is also great quality.

high_hopes......best luck I've had was grab a 6 pack, and find a local beach hangout. Depending on the location, most guys will be cool and very hospitable. Anytime I went looking, it never took more than an hour to get something.

I've also scored a couple times at a local bar. There are a lot of stoners in Hawaii.

I second vta - aside from askin random dudes, I found the best place on kauai was the beaches. Look for local surfers, almost a guarentee.

another way - purchase a bob marley shirt and wear it. I did this on Maui and was approached several times, usually at the farmers market.

solarz

go to north shore bro...you will have a fucking variety pack to choose from there. Really....if you walk down Kuhio a bit, you will surely run into someone who is holding...they are everywhere bro.

Also, i suggest checking out the link man that hangs out by the bars...they are the best damn links i've freaking had...and they have some garlic mayo that is kick ass. Sorry for the rant...but i have TERRIBLY good memories from the islands...good luck on your search bro.

wallywombat

i had some of the best herb in my life in waikiki some awesome og blueberry was described to me as was some of the purplest shit ive ever seen extremly nice also scored "pineapple" off the same guy was amazing and ive smoked alot of green my friend hawaii does not dissappoint . !

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I went to Kauai for 10 days back in 1996 and never found anything. I asked everyone that looked cool to me and didn't get a lead. In fact I had one guy in a bar cut me off before I could ask saying "don't even ask". On one beach some of the locals told me to get off their beach in a very threatning manner. I did notice a lot of hitch hikers on the north shore that looked very cool but my wife did't feel comfortable picking them up. I found out later they weren't really hitch hiking, they were selling bud. I had a pretty good time there but I have no desire to return.

Peace

bigAl25

Veteran
And that is why I always go to Jamiaca and not Hawawii. Aways look for the rastas, they have the really good stuff. If Hawawii ever legalizes it, then a trip would be in the cards. Peace and respect MON.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was really disappointed because in the 70s I had some the best weed from there and I was expecting (hoping) to get some there or at least something to smoke. But nothing, not even someone willing to take about it. I'm pretty sure it was just me but I really got a bad vibe there and found everything to be over rated. But I only went to one island for a little more then a week so I know there must be better places/people there.

Peace

wallywombat

hmmm strange ive been there 4 times i have it within 20 minutes of being off the plane sorry to here that you guys have had bad times that sound really unfortunate hawaii has some of the best pot in the world not just there strains but also alot because of there soil and the general landscape of the island is amazing peace

Cann

yeah year round outdoor growing means plenty of dank :) i've never had issues finding good shit in hawaii...its just always way overpriced if you're a white boy like myself...

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Lived there on the hippie side of one of the outer islands for 3+ yrs. Finding good bud is a crapshoot. My favorite Hawaiian weed each year was Humboldt Greenhouse weed. haha.