Votes: 51 38.3%
  • Don't know / No opinion

Votes: 16 12.0%

• Total voters

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Around harvest time I get to smoke way much scissor hash and bubble hash than usual.

The thing is scissor hash is getting me higher than bubble hash. Or at least this is what I think.
But bubble hash should be more pure.. so this seems like shouldn't be this way. (also my microscope helps me to see that there are way more trichomes in bubble than scissor hash.)

Which is your opinion?

bendoslendo

Scissor hash gets me wayy more stoned because it means I just harvested, so I'm smoking pride and satisfaction as well. :joint:

I can't imagine scissor hash actually having a higher THC content though.

G

guest5703

yea i doubt it actually gets you higher....i dont even like to smoke scissor hash man, it always has some hairs in it and never seems to give a good taste....

Do you guys smoke your scissor hash right after you've trimmed, or do you let the scissor hash dry first then chip it off the scissors?

Jalisco Kid

I prefer finger hash to bubble. It has a much more richer flavor you lose when you wash your buds. If it is fresh I do not see a thc % change If you cure it I could see the bubble being better seeing how the trics are not all smashed as in scissor hash.JK

G

Green Supreme

Scissor hash has fresher terps that may have evaporated or be washed out in the water. Terps can be regulators of the thc. So fresh hash might be more active in some ways. I have noticed the buzz doesn't last as long as with bubble. Because of the terp thing bubble can also be less flavorful than scissor hash. I like it all scissor,Bubble and dry sieve. Peace GS

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
scissor hash all the way. the only pot product that actually gets me paranoid...

NotGuilty

Scissor and glove hash all the way in equal serving sizes. The Fresher the better! I find the the the flavor and lung feel are unmatched.

"In the most common homologue, the pentyl chain is replaced with a propyl (3 carbon) chain. Cannabinoids with the propyl side chain are named using the suffix "varin", and are designated, for example, THCV, CBDV, or CBNV. It appears that shorter chains increase the intensity and decrease the duration of the activity of the chemicals."

Green Supreme states, "I have noticed the buzz doesn't last as long as with bubble." This leads me to believe their may be some merrit to the above.

Many "Varins" block THC bonding on the CB1 receptors. However THC bonds at CB1 and CB2. So perhaps the blockage of CB1 results in incresed CB2 bonds, changing the effects? I belive CB2 reception is a bigger contributor to "Body Highs", as Varins are also more common in Indicas. I am not sure of the half life of the Varins, but I believe is is fairly shorter than THC. Hence Fresher is better.

Varins are a result of THC and other cannabinoids losing 2 CH or CH2 bonds on the sidechain. Perhaps the smearing/mixing between scissors causes more of this reaction? Where as whole trichs are safe in a shell.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thanks for voting. :wave:

I usually smoke it right after I gather it from the scissor. Could this be a factor?

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
I voted no. I cant say that scissor is better than bubble. I have a love for both equaly. Bubble, in my opinion, is far better for cooking. But I do prefer to smoke scissor.... dryed and grinded. I keep my scissor clean. It tastes better than bubble does..... but I still love to smoke bubble. Tough question.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
They are both good, but with scissor hash I feel like I'm slightly higher.
Anyway both are one-hitter, around 0.04 gr needed for a complete liftoff.

jump117

Veteran
Scissors hash is grade of Charas,

most ancient, natural and quick way to get a virgin smokeable resin from a fresh flowers, based on adhesiveness of resin, the very first hash from this plant.

Usually it appears together with finger/glove-hash as a side benefit after service works on buds in small amounts.
I've attempted to improve an amount of this Home-made Charas using simple instrument instead of fingers to catch a sticky virgin resin.

Charas .vs. Bubble
Water washes away a lot of aromas, most of smells are water soluble while some of them are co-psychoactive as they say.

THC123

Veteran
scissor hash gets my vote(no option for moroccan dry seive?:( )

Much more flavor and a good effect

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
@jump117: I think charas has more contaminants (I mean unuseful substances) than homemade scissor hash. And I do agree "Water washes away a lot of aromas, most of smells are water soluble while some of them are co-psychoactive as they say."

@THC123: No option for moroccan dry sieve.. this thread is all about great homemade hash. And I really think scissor hash beats moroccan dry sieve. (regarding aroma and effect)

Thanks for voting.

E

elmanito

I'm in for scissors hash, much much better flavor!!!

picture.php

Namaste :smoweed: :canabis:

Latest posts

Latest posts