What's new

schrooms. A to Z

quadracer

I've always wanted to grow my own shrooms, especially since I havent tripped off them before. What better way than to trip off your own batch.

Too bad none of the spore companies ship to CA. I'll have to find a friend in Nevada who will be willing to help me out.

G

Cool thx Blue. Now for substrate and stuff is it easier to make the tubes with the straw and corn or whatever or are the jars the easiest way to go? Those tubes sure look like a good idea considering its the inoculation adn grow all in the same container no need to transplant so to say.

OK I dont know if this was already mentioned but I figure with the expierence I got in this field, I oughtta toss in my two cents.

Glove boxes suck balls. Laminar flow hoods are where its at.

Learn the karo tek. You can take one of those syringes and knock up like 1 thousand jars if you are very conservative. About 200 the way I was doin it.
formula is
1tsp light karo
100ml water
P/C'd for 20 mins at 15psi in 1/2 pt. wide mouth jars(only thing I will use a wide mouth for)
innoc'd with 1-2 ml spore solution
incubated for 1 week
then noc up your grain with 1-3ml. of the myc. sollution you have created and it will colonize in 7 days or less

Wide mouth jars suck for anything but the karo tek

All American pressure cookers are the best route.

Chopped craft straw cased with coco coir in kitty litter pans gave me my largest fruits.

Good books include Paul Stametes Mushroom cultivation and the newer one ummm MMCG I think- not cheap books but very informative.

I used a system called the poor mans pod for fruiting which was lit by 7w night lights. This allowed contamination- Heaven Forbid- To be kept as isolated as possible
Incubation was done with a tub in tub incubator using a standard aquarium heater. I would suggest doubling up on the bottom tub as rubbermaids dont last forever and coming back to find a tub in tub leaked all over the floor and your tubs melted from the heater really sucks. This could start a fire.

Working with spore prints is a pain in the ass. Spore syringes are the easiest.

I used the largest syringes I could get at the feed store for work with myc. sollution.

I used wild bird seed for my grain. The less sunflower seeds the better. A few are ok for lychen, but those bastards like to contam.

I used 1qt jars filled 1/2 to 3/4 for my grain

The lid design I used was to take a lid, poke a hole in one side with a screw driver and fill with polyester pillow fill. Poke a hole in the other side with a nail and fill with High temperature caulking available at an auto parts store. The hole filled with caulking created a self sealilng innoc. hole. I used this style for all my jars.

Straw was pasteurized with hot water.

Casing layer was sterilized with microwave.

G

Seems like there are numerous ways to do this and they all seem real easy when reading them but my buddy has tried 3 times with absolutely no mushrooms not even one.

G

Wiqid Juan said:
Seems like there are numerous ways to do this and they all seem real easy when reading them but my buddy has tried 3 times with absolutely no mushrooms not even one.

Doesn't seem easy to me at all. Def seems harder than growing weed.

It is not easy to do well. It takes skill and knowledge that can not be encompassed in a simple post. Why do you think the books I suggested are almost as thick as a phone book? This is not a hobby for the impatient, lazy, or faint of heart.

G

no ones been on here in a few days but i just came accross this thread and decided to put some input in.
a few days ago i started growing shrooms for the second time.
my firnst time was a failure. i was lookin at the shit on erowid.com (im sure you all know of it) and it went horribly wrong.
that was about a year ago.
i stilll have the 3 syringes that i got when i tryed that last time and they are all about half fulll (or half empty) so i decided to try again. i looked around in ic and found a good recipe
its vermac.... and brown rice in a jelly jar and then you sterlize it by boiling it in water you all know hwat im tlking about and then today i added the spores. sooo...hope all goes well..
im debateing wether to start my own thread for my mushrrom grow or not cuz i don't wana turn ic into shroom world...hummm any one got a suggestion/answer as to wether is should start a new thread??
thanks guys
-SenselessRebel

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
Damn. Been a long time since anybody ate schrooms or something??

How the hell did I end up here anyway?? LOL!

Looks like a good method though.

issack

Veteran
Hahahaha.. That was a good one Swamp.. I forgot this thread was even alive..

My brother is still neck deep in Schroom growing. Way more advanced Than what this thread covered..

I'll just stick to growing weed.. it's way less headache ...lol