What's new

Scavengers Daughter by Rare Dankness

hamstring

Veteran
Looking for info on Scavengers Daughter by Rae Dankness?

I grew out Star Killer and was impressed. I reached out to Rare Dankness and asked for a recommendation on another strain and surprisingly it was Scavengers Daughter vs a their flag ship strains like Scotts OG or Ghost Train Haze.

Any info on this strain would be much appreciated.

Maple_Flail

Havn't grown it myself, but i've rabbit holed it a bit.

lanky, branchy kinda reminds me of a more elegant Lee Roy/Jenny Kush sorta structure to the Buds. Seems more stretchy than his other varieties in terms of internodal length, pretty good leaf ratio, seemed a little(like just slightly) more sensitive to overfeeding than his usual fair

the bit that I saw in grow logs, the "not for beginners" line is honest if not a little modest.. apparently SCrog is the way to go.

14-16~ week blooms (only seen two grow logs so i'm sure there is a finer range)

still searching for smoke reports, but safe to assume it is going to have that signature nevil wreck thing going on at least in the background.. everything he hits with that male does.

Learning about this one is likely going to be a slow burn, the bloom time will set many off. I see most needing a few runs to dial this one in before most will want to share pictures.

hamstring

Veteran
Maple_Flail

Hey brother thanks for the info on her. I have to say I am a bit concerned that my growing level may not be up to this strain. Especially since this would be a pheno hunt and my grow space is so small. I cant imagine sexing a bunch of these in a 3x4x5 ft grow room. Might be way beyond my skill level.

I need to do some more research but I am very interested to find someone with a grow/smoke report on this one.

Last edited:

Maple_Flail

Maple_Flail

Hey brother thanks for the info on her. I have to say I am a bit concerned that my growing level may not be up to this strain. Especially since this would be a pheno hunt and my grow space is so small. I cant imagine sexing a bunch of these in a 3x4x5 ft grow room. Might be way beyond my skill level.

I need to do some more research but I am very interested to find someone with a grow/smoke report on this one.

It might almost be manageable... but yes this would take a fair amount of skill with a basically 3x4x4 space too work with (as the lights and ventilation need some space) I wouldn't even try more than 3 at a time in that space given the growth potential

this would totally be a veg/train until the natural hormones kick in to shorten the internodes for something this long flowering i'd expect that to take a few months. clone from that and bloom out the clones while keeping one of two clones to veg to be re cloned.

ya more than one tent would be needed IMHO

this is what I plan to do with my ACE A5 crosses, mind you i've got a 4x4x7 and a 3x4x6 to work with.

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Maple
Much appreciated, I have a pack of the ACE A5KH. Well, I have had it for two years but haven't pulled the trigger.

Maple_Flail

Maple
Much appreciated, I have a pack of the ACE A5KH. Well, I have had it for two years but haven't pulled the trigger.

I'd get too that :LOL:

A malawi x nl5 haze is an easier/tamer plant than a laos (trainwreck x nevils haze) and slightly quicker with most phenos finishing between 85-95 days

good test to see if you can mange it as i've been told its rather forgiving to training.

Piff_cat

Screenshot_20220829-075229_Instagram.jpg

Here's some info on tge Cambodian mom used for seed making. And some breeding selections qnd pedigree of the nevils haze male Moonshine uses for all the haze crosses. This male in my opinion is the pinnacle of the rare and desirable traits of nh male. His breeding of thus male should be used as a template for haze work without losing any of the magic to compromise.
1. Grow pit a large contingent of males with late showing late finishing resin showing male with no consideration given to "efficient " flower time stretch etc.

2. Outcross selected male to a worthy female she holds similar minor cannabinoid/sequiterpenes which point to a legacy of protection in a competitive and difficult environment which results in up regulation of desirable resin traits. Trainwreck has old Thai genes in her which hooked up with the 69 haze

3. Select faborite female from outcross f1 and mate with full sibling of nh male.
. This 3 step method was used by nevil when he made outback haze-NH21 X(78 tia x nh36(reversed)
The results of this nevil wreck male is high cbg high cbc high ocimene. Very dense trichomes on bud stems leaves everywhere. Here's some pics of other nevilwreck progeny.

Screenshot_20220829-080527_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220829-080554_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220829-080812_Chrome.jpg

Other nevil wreck work includes green crack(vale vale) somali taxi cab(malawi) and Moonshine haze(amnesia) Skywalker og(karma bitch).
Screenshot_20220829-075643_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220829-075935_Instagram.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220829-075839_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220829-075839_Instagram.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 79

hamstring

Veteran
piff cat

Thanks for the hard work to come up with info. I am not a breeder or even pollen chucker. I have read and reread your post. Some really good info but still like to hear from someone who has grew it.

I guess the moonshine haze looks like it some of the traits I was looking for. Nice fruity terpenes and if I understand the post correctly the male in this case transfers these traits in females it is breed with.
Moonshine is listed at 70 days and vs 100+ of the scavengers daughter. I am assuming the cambodian mom brings potency? What else does it bring?

Its tough for someone who doesn't breed to know what to expect from just looking at the cross. What I am after, which is probably the same for most growers, is a potency first strain with a fruity/citrus flavor.

Last edited:

Maple_Flail

if you are looking for fruit/citrus, I would think Moonshine haze/moonshine's ghost train, Tangerine train wreck haze or cosmic temple would be a better pick I would think looking for that flavor.

what the male brings is a combo of genetic roll of the dice between two breeding plants and the selections previous to come to these plants. In most of rare dankness's lines the variations come mostly from the 'mother' plant outside of a few projects it seems he uses the same 3-5 males for most of his work. NW male(s?), RD1, RD2, and pamalina iirc. the GTH crosses are selected for each project if i'm not mistaken. so his males are not completely dominate in the mix but dominate enough to ensure yield, potency and the stable background flavor of that NW male.

Cambodian, i would think would bring a Minty nutty floral thing and start dancing with that train wreck terps. interesting combo but i am not sure fruity/lemon would be all that common thing in this mix

Potency, for sure it helps with that, this is a F1 so hybrid vigor is working over time, knowing where this comes from RD, I wouldn't expect a low yeild low potency sativa out of him. he has one hell of a tolerance and if he doesn't think it is strong enough to smoke he doesn't breed with it.

the Cambodian, like the Malawi in his Somali taxi ride is him playing with the flavor profile he has established to see what lines up with his male. both those landraces on their own are rarely considered weak.

moonshine's ghost train would likely be the quickest out of the bunch as it is two worked lines 70-77 day vs 70+ for the others.

hamstring

Veteran
Maple
Thats why I love IC Mag brothers like you are willing to share ad help. Thanks a bunch on this.

Its funny how my brain turns off or gets tunnel vision some times. Of course a F1 will have more vigor even an old fool like me should know that. Thats makes complete sense.

As a guerrilla grower for over 25years I didn't have the luxury of choosing all of these traits. The only citrus strain I ever grew was AK99xFL . I really loved the taste of that one. I am not impressed with the lemon pledge flavors that are commonly talked about.

If I have a choice I like more of a berry/citrus and something a bit complex and not one dimensional. I know I know now this guys wants the whole cannabis world all wrapped up in one strain. Not possible, I get that.

I took a look at the Moonshine haze (Amnesia Haze X Nevil's) and Moonshine ghost train haze (Moonshine Haze x Ghost Train Haze #1) and the Moonshine haze looks like more of what I am looking for but again I am only looking at descriptions vs linage knowledge. Hoping the potency is still there.

Rare Dankness also recommended Jennys Kush as a possibility . I wasn't impressed with the description but who knows.

Piff_cat

piff cat

Thanks for the hard work to come up with info. I am not a breeder or even pollen chucker. I have read and reread your post. Some really good info but still like to hear from someone who has grew it.

I guess the moonshine haze looks like it some of the traits I was looking for. Nice fruity terpenes and if I understand the post correctly the male in this case transfers these traits in females it is breed with.
Moonshine is listed at 70 days and vs 100+ of the scavengers daughter. I am assuming the cambodian mom brings potency? What else does it bring?

Its tough for someone who doesn't breed to know what to expect from just looking at the cross. What I am after, which is probably the same for most growers, is a potency first strain with a fruity/citrus flavor.
The Cambodian is certainly a difficult plant to grow just by looking at pics of leaves sensitive to nutes and humidity makes things tough. The karma bitch diesel wreck and vale vale all have tons of love in grow reports especially vale vale and karma bitch. I've grown the Skywalker and original diesel before always my first empty jars
I gotta think this nevilwreck male could have some nice plants in these crosses all under 10 weeks with a happy balanced high not too tweak thanks to the friendly diesel qnd Skywalker effects

Sub24ox7

I got a pack of the Moonshine ghost train haze fems. These seemed to be the best fit for me from them.
image.jpg

Maple_Flail

Maple
Thats why I love IC Mag brothers like you are willing to share ad help. Thanks a bunch on this.

Its funny how my brain turns off or gets tunnel vision some times. Of course a F1 will have more vigor even an old fool like me should know that. Thats makes complete sense.

As a guerrilla grower for over 25years I didn't have the luxury of choosing all of these traits. The only citrus strain I ever grew was AK99xFL . I really loved the taste of that one. I am not impressed with the lemon pledge flavors that are commonly talked about.

If I have a choice I like more of a berry/citrus and something a bit complex and not one dimensional. I know I know now this guys wants the whole cannabis world all wrapped up in one strain. Not possible, I get that.

I took a look at the Moonshine haze (Amnesia Haze X Nevil's) and Moonshine ghost train haze (Moonshine Haze x Ghost Train Haze #1) and the Moonshine haze looks like more of what I am looking for but again I am only looking at descriptions vs linage knowledge. Hoping the potency is still there.

Rare Dankness also recommended Jennys Kush as a possibility . I wasn't impressed with the description but who knows.

No problem man, I'm an odd one discussions like this help me forward my thinking so to speak

well Jenna Kush, really comes across as more of a hybrid genotype than a Kushy genotype IMHO.. however since you've just done Starkiller (an RD#2 cross), i'd hold off doing jenny kush as it will will be fairly similar to what you've already had with a slightly different mix on the flavor. same father after all.

I'm semi familiar with Ak99 but not sure what the FL is in that cross.

seeing you mention guerrilla growing.. are you looking for something quicker, or is this a pure tent project? if you looking for quicker.. than their Island Twist or Runtz Ghost train should also be inconsideration.

Based on your interest in profile i would be looking at Cosmic Temple and/or Island Twist, but I'd run twice as many of the Island twist as I would the Cosmic Temple. I'd expect way more phenos with island twist due to its genetics(total poly hybrid) while Colorado Flo in cosmic temple is from what i understand a danker pheno of the super fruity Flo. so its worked DJ short material which already has quite the track record. as for the Runtz Ghost Train, I personally try to avoid anything cookies related as it just doesn't do it for me not trying to throw shade on the plant just personal preference.

but I have to ask, what is it that is getting you Caught up on specifically moonshine haze? I know fruit smells can be had in phenos but i've seen much more Floral, woody, hazey reports.. all my experiences are on that floral/woody side.

or is it just you want Amnesia haze without the Soma Aroma?

hamstring

Veteran
No problem man, I'm an odd one discussions like this help me forward my thinking so to speak

well Jenna Kush, really comes across as more of a hybrid genotype than a Kushy genotype IMHO.. however since you've just done Starkiller (an RD#2 cross), i'd hold off doing jenny kush as it will will be fairly similar to what you've already had with a slightly different mix on the flavor. same father after all.

I'm semi familiar with Ak99 but not sure what the FL is in that cross.

seeing you mention guerrilla growing.. are you looking for something quicker, or is this a pure tent project? if you looking for quicker.. than their Island Twist or Runtz Ghost train should also be inconsideration.

Based on your interest in profile i would be looking at Cosmic Temple and/or Island Twist, but I'd run twice as many of the Island twist as I would the Cosmic Temple. I'd expect way more phenos with island twist due to its genetics(total poly hybrid) while Colorado Flo in cosmic temple is from what i understand a danker pheno of the super fruity Flo. so its worked DJ short material which already has quite the track record. as for the Runtz Ghost Train, I personally try to avoid anything cookies related as it just doesn't do it for me not trying to throw shade on the plant just personal preference.

but I have to ask, what is it that is getting you Caught up on specifically moonshine haze? I know fruit smells can be had in phenos but i've seen much more Floral, woody, hazey reports.. all my experiences are on that floral/woody side.

or is it just you want Amnesia haze without the Soma Aroma?
Hey Maple

I shouldn't have throw in my guerrilla growing reference as I can see now how that can be confusing.

I have had my med license for almost 3 yrs now. In the past I was strictly a guerrilla grower. I never grew a single seed/seedling in my home.

Now that I can grow indoors I have been trying to expand my strain knowledge. I started by purchasing clones and had way to many "other peoples" pest issues. I just recently decided to go back to pheno hunting via seeds. Its a true learning experience for me, over 25 years of growing and i am a newbie again.

So to answer your question I am not looking for anything with quick finish, quite the opposite. I was interested in something special with multidimensional high and flavor. Since I had a good experience with Rare Dankness I was looking within their offering. I have found over the years the breeder and his skills are way more important than the strain itself when purchasing seeds. A clone is a different story. Even a rube like me can find a good pheno and clone it.

Potency is number one for me and number 2 and 3. I have tried GG4 and now Star Killer and both are great strains but not two hit wonders. Thats why I was looking at sativas or sativa hybrids because I never had the opportunity to grow any of these as a guerrilla grower and they have the rep of having some interesting flavor profiles and great potency.

I was hoping to find something with a pronounced flavor too. Doesn't have to be fruity it was just on the wish list. Hey I'm sorry this got so friggen wordy. I hope that help you understand where I am coming from.

Almost, well I did forget. AK99 X FL(Friesland).
This is from my days at UDG as a guerrilla grower. The FL brought down the flowering time on this. All my time was spent growing and researching these types of early flowering strains. I got to talk to a lot of interesting growers/breeders in those early years before fem seed or any real autos. Just a FYI because you asked has nothing to do with my current strain choice.

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
The Cambodian is certainly a difficult plant to grow just by looking at pics of leaves sensitive to nutes and humidity makes things tough. The karma bitch diesel wreck and vale vale all have tons of love in grow reports especially vale vale and karma bitch. I've grown the Skywalker and original diesel before always my first empty jars
I gotta think this nevilwreck male could have some nice plants in these crosses all under 10 weeks with a happy balanced high not too tweak thanks to the friendly diesel qnd Skywalker effects
Piff cat

No way to shorten your handle because its too cool.

I did a really quick check on the description of both of these. So I don't have really great feedback but wanted to reply because you took the time to answer my reply last time.

The vale vale looks interesting . I have heard that green crack has a great flavor and I wanted to try a sativa leaning strain.

Why? To be honest I'm not sure yet because I have never even smoked a true sativa. Although I have a med license for almost 3 years the only time I have been in a dispensary was to fill out my med license info. I haven't needed to buy weed in close to 30 years and besides that I am too damn cheep to pay the high prices.

Thanks again and I really appreciate you taking the time to help an old rope smoker out.

Maple_Flail

just a header, pretty sure Vale Vale is retired/discontinued. (as is Diesel Wreck) you may be able to find them on 3rd party auction sites but I wouldn't hold breath.

the more you post, Island Twist really does seem more up your ally.. [Ghost train haze X Tangie ] X [MTF ( old blueberry x afghani )]

this really gives you a bunch of variation to choose from in seed to seed. I'd assume you'd likely stick with a blended pheno of something in there. I tend to find the blended phenos more multi dimensional in taste and smell.

I'd also re run the starkiller, one run is rarely enough to really get what a plant needs. it may take a couple runs to figure out what makes it boom.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I grew scots atw x nevilles haze... top haze hybrid, I love that menthol thing from trainwreck... would like to see scav daughter, havent see any and it is like 4 years in sale... one guy told me, daughters hermied in his grow...

full

I made f3s of neviles wrekc and sent it to sativa lover in Argentina, he raves about it as the best haze ever...

full

full

mack 10

Veteran
piff cat

Remember, the parents you choose have to have those traits you want.
Strong high ,
Certain smell or taste.

Etc etc.
Also your gonna have to test the progeny
(Children) y, growing and smoking them
To see if you have been successful.

Too many people crossing elite clones
To there go to male
But not everything works out,
Or fizzes as I like to say.
Good luck