What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scarholes indagro auto flower journal.

scarhole2

Pic. Day

Grapefruit punch autoflower week 6
3e938dde79213a953ee74e020acc8130.jpg

Nycd haze auto Week 5
e3e8a2026dd2f580392bc9aa8cba7eaa.jpg

Pineapple express photo
6bd55d400e0665b320a4e00ed25553f6.jpg

b02acddf01c49fb8f4be6804300f297a.jpg

scarhole2

SCARHOLE's method for reversing your females for fem seeds via root pruning.

Found out how escobar *an Dr Greenthumbs do their root sex reversing *for fem works.

Searched for this information for yrs an just found gold.

It's not really mine, lol.
I haven't even tried it (yet)
But I am taking credit for being the first to share how this is done on all the grow forum s.
I share the wealth an stay in health!
Fuckn breeders an their secrets?

I may switch to root pruning from sts.
If I can get it to work.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24414015/

When the shoots of young hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) plants were cut off the roots, cultured as cuttings, and regenerating (adventitious) roots were removed as soon as appearing, ca. 80-90% of the plants became male (had staminate flowers) whereas if the roots were allowed to develop a similar percentage became female (pistillate flowers). Treatment of de-rooted cuttings with 6-benzylaminopurine (15 mg/l) restored the percent of female plants to ca. 80. It is suggested that the root system plays an essential role in sex expression in hemp and that this role is related to cytokinin synthesis in the root.

The author first developed this with spinach...*

7-d-old plantlets of spinach (Spinacia oleracea L.) were immersed with their roots for 24 h in 25 mg/l gibberellic acid (GA3), or 15 mg/l 6-benzylaminopurine (6-BAP), or 15 mg/l indole-3-acetic acid (IAA), or 10 mg/l abscisic acid (ABA) and subsequently grown on long (18-h) days, the ratio of plants with male and female flowers, which in the controls was almost 1:1 (48 and 52%, respectively), was greatly altered. The treatments with 6-BAP, IAA and ABA raised the percentage of female plants to 88, 76 and 71%, respectively; the GA3 treatment increased the percent of male plants to 79%. When young, vegetative spinach plants (3 visible leaves) grown in 18-h days were cut a the root neck, and the shoots grown with their bases in nutrient solution, with adventitious roots either being allowed to develop or being systematically removed, 85% of the plants without roots became males, 85% of those with roots became females. But if the cut shoots were first, for 28 h, placed in a 15-mg/l 6-BAP solution and then grown in the absence of roots, the percent of female plants was restored to 84. These results fully agree with those obtained previously with hemp, namely, that plant growth regulators exert a regulating effect on the sex expression of dioecious plants when applied through the roots in early stages of development; that the root system plays an important role in determining the sex of these plants, that this role of the roots is associated with the synthesis of cytokinins in them. Dioecious short- and long-day plants do not differ in these respects.

Amazing!
Who wants to try it?
As a get more information I'll update you....

scarhole2

Wish you luck Scarhole and thanx for mading thread about this as i asking my self long time now can be possible or not.

I have writen words from E$kobar when he was explaining this method.

1.Where is developing flowering hormon in plant? * *answer- in tips of a root

2.In what time of flowering he develops? * answer- Between 7-21 days of flowering time

3.What will happend if we cut those root tips in that time? *answer -If we cutt those root tips we will change female to male

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * and then we can use this pollen for creating fems.

That is what i have writen down from E$kobar when he was explain how to do it,

but didnt say all...or maybe he is...glad you will check this claims.

All the best

DS

There was a theory going around years ago that if a regular seed were planted in a very small, shallow pot that it would turn male. The reason was that a female would not have the root to make a lot of flowers and seeds but a very tiny male even making a few flowers could make a lot of pollen. The length of the tap root was the determining factor. I never believed it because I thought the genetics were locked in. The root pruning shows just how adaptable the plant is. So why not put a female seed in a very tiny shallow pot and let it get totally root bound and see if it turns male?

scarhole2

Good to see you Mr LBH! I don't run @ AFN forums any more what a wierd site.

Got a garden started again!
edb83464fe160cff1f4453ed02adac5b.jpg

Group hug.
C99 haze auto x3 (Mine)
And a few Grape fruit punch x c99 haze auto
Ages 1 week for the small an 2 weeks for the bigger

Time to retest the c99 hazes an see if it's consistent harvest @ 60 days....

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to see you Mr LBH! I don't run @ AFN forums any more what a wierd site.

Got a garden started again!
View Image

Group hug.
C99 haze auto x3 (Mine)
And a few Grape fruit punch x c99 haze auto
Ages 1 week for the small an 2 weeks for the bigger

Time to retest the c99 hazes an see if it's consistent harvest @ 60 days....

Ditto...AFN...phooey!

Anyway, best of a great grow to you...promising start!

scarhole2

Week 4 for the autos. (Week 3 for the smallest one)
C99 haze auto mutts an a couple of Grape fruit 99 haze autos.
Got them up canned.
Got down to 40'F last night.
Guess they can take the cold...

d3eca042b996d4b46208e96ba95a1d14.jpg

scarhole2

My daughter is ok, meds are workin.
Looks like they won't be needing to do a brain shunt to relieve pressure.

In other bad news my lamp died, but I love indagro s 10 yr warrenty! No worries, she'll be back up soon. Free! Whoooooooot

So I have them under my back up 150w cmh an 30w halogen an 70w cfl.
Week 5

428d46f18686132c08bcd99e5d95afbb.jpg

Dog Star

Veteran
Glad to hear better news about your daughter Scarhole,
wish her all the best and that your kid recover fast from this hard state.

Kind regards

DS

scarhole2

Week 5, slow growth with out my inda gro lamp, should be back any day now.
d994f2065dd56f3aea8a9f465e126013.jpg

Getting an old buescher 1928 alto sax rebuilt. Going to look like this...
polished keys an bell, but 80yrs patina / silver oxidation on the body for contrast an to tell folks its a vintage horn....

970f1ad1844ed57c6b72439424d95df9.jpg

27a540876ced1fd4c9b0b9b4c341cd48.jpg

scarhole2

Week 7,
c99 haze an Grapefruit 99 haze autos

Inda gro 400w Lamp is back up an kicking ass all week .
And using a halogen 200 w for extra red an heat.

2 weeks with out full light an some low Temps has left em less than stellar. :(
But I have alot of confidence in the inda gro to turn em around make me proud of em..

8eb3f2488490ac118f7d63fe57f9dd6d.jpg

1f4138181f131941856e6b3c3dd4a1b7.jpg

scarhole2

C99 haze auto and Grapefruit 99 haze autos*

Week 4 flowering.*

I Had issues with my 400 induction light, brown out in a blizzard killed it.*

INDA GRO HONNORS THE WARRENTY, WHOOOOOOOOT.*

2 weeks under the backup 145 w CmH *right as flowering started kinda set em back a bit.

2af3027e358e98e98f8fe958ddc0c7cb.jpg

scarhole2

Week 6 Week ish flower,getting fatter.
I Will let em go longer than normal due to slow start flowering.

The c99 haze autos are the spear shaped ones.

Grapefruit 99 haze autos are the chunky ones.

0b69986789884b07495983098128cd3b.jpg

5d03e9271f4bba1e6665b7ab0e7d89d6.jpg

Bigger than a baseball..