What's new

Say cheese! hanuman's "elite" outdoor session 09

hanuman

Hello international cannagraphers, and welcome to my 2009 thread

Some of you might remember my AK grow from last year, with the magic poly tunnel that worked really great for mold prevention.

picture.php

Serious AK47, sativa pheno, september or october 2008

This in mind, I have started some more indoor strains for my 09 outdoor session.

This year, we have the over-hyped, so-called "elite clone", Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the original UK cheese, AKA the Exodus clone!!!:bis:. A million thanks to the generous donor. :yes: I have heard about it for so long on various grow forums that I can't wait to sample it. Let's hope it won't be disappointing.

Also growing this year are two cuts of sensi's Jack Herer, as well as two White Rhinos. Thank you, my other benefactor :headbange

About the growing area, in a secluded area of my garden, well field, I have used a mini excavator to dig a wider and deeper grow space. No no, this is not a joke. :)

The secret of a healthy outdoor plant, IMO, is in the preparation of the soil. The following amendments have been added to the native soil of my 10 square meter spot:

peat moss, half a 70 liter bag
organic mix of horse manure/seaweed/kelp etc. 40 liters
worm castings 40 liters
regular compost 40 liters

Other ingredients added : blood meal, sea guano, bone meal, half a box of each (1 kg boxes?).

The plants have also received a few sprayings of two kinds of "green manure", first horsetail manure, great for reinforcing the natural defenses of the plants, as well as protecting it from various problems, including the dreaded budrot. Second nettle manure, very rich in N, and a great natural protection against various pests.

Anyway, the plants are loving it.

Right, enough said, here's a few pics. I don't really like photos of plants in veg, but I couldn't start this article in september could I.

picture.php

2009 plot, general view.

picture.php

Left side, cheese at the back, JH in the middle, WRh at the front, with two cherry tomato plants that'll block the view on one end of the tent/greenhouse when time comes.

picture.php

Right side. Cheese at the back, then JH, then the last planted clones, i.e cheese - WRh - cheese

picture.php

UK cheese outdoor

picture.php

UK cheese outdoor

picture.php

Jack Herer 1

picture.php

Jack herer 2

picture.php

White Rhino

picture.php

Fierce guard cat watching out

picture.php

After a huge storm last night!

Anyway, that's all for today, folks, I'll be back in a few weeks, when the plants start to look like something interesting.

Thanks for you attention

h :ying:

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Lookin great, hanuman!

I remember your grow from last year, good to see you back at it...

Nice strains, too- I have a big buddah cheese out there, hope it stacks up.

The Jack- did you pop them from seed? That's one I always thought would blow up outside.

Wishing you the best of luck for the remainder of the season. :)

nomaad

Veteran
Looking good. That cheese is looking dank. I still have yet to smoke any kind of Cheese or Cheese cross. I need to remedy this.

Generally, I am not a snob... unless it comes to truly good music, wine, food and ganja... ganja especially. I will eat at a McDonalds from time to time, but I will not smoke fermented central american brick weed. Ganja is held to the highest standard of all and those 'elite,' clone-only strains usually deliver the goods! The OG Kush and now the Blue Dream are personal favorites. I would really love to get my hands on that UK Cheese. Anybody ever hear of these genetics making it over here? If not, that's what plant tissue culturing is for.

jack1

very nice spot :yoinks:

guy your plants are superb, good continaution and do not harvest them too much early this year :laughing::laughing::laughing:

hanuman

Thanks for the visit, my friends, really appreciated. I must say that I feel like a small-time grower when I look at the grows of most people who have commented here.

fisher, nomaad, your "legal" californian gardens are really a joy to look at.

fisher, to answer your question, no the jacks aren't from seeds, the cuts were selected and given to me by another grower.
Actually I haven't grown anything from seed outside for a few years, as I have (kind of) limited space, which I can't allow myself to waste with males.

Anyway, thanks again for the positive comments, I'll post an update in a while.

mme_oscar

Hey ol'baldy!!!

I was looking forward to see another crop of yours... and you posted this thread!

It isn't the same place as last year, is it? The bunk bed seems bigger but it may be because you have 5 plants this summer.

Anyway are you sure that's the real hyped cheese?
Could you tell more about your JH?
BTW, why is that WR this slow compared to others? late sowing? genetics?

Stay safe :)

nomaad

Veteran
Hey bro,

The title under the close-up of the UK Cheese says 'UK Cheese Outdoor'... is this a specific Cheese cut that is optimal for OD growing or just the good ol UK Cheese, growing outdoors?

I'm going to have to figure out how to get my hands on some of this to smoke... Any Cali growers who have this clone, pls speak up.

I'm going to have to figure out how to get my hands on some of this to smoke... Any Cali growers who have this clone, pls speak up.

same here, ive had the big buddha cheese for a while, but i want the real deal, anyways lookin great hanuman, keep up the good work

hanuman

Hey friends, thanks for the visit :woohoo:

mme oscar. Naah not baldy, just thinning on top, but I just shave it all. :nanana: . Yep, I'm at it again. Yes, it is exactly the same spot as last year, but I have made it much bigger, with the help of a motorized digger (I had builders at the house, at the time). Have a look at the two pics below:

picture.php

OD spot 2008

picture.php

OD spot 2009

About the strain being the real deal, ie the UK cheese "exodus" cut, well, I got it from a reputable source who haunts the forums in our home country, and I have no doubt he had the right connections. Two or three years ago, I grew what I thought was cheese, but it was a cross (cheese X trainwreck) that people call Kachina. Not bad at all actually.

The JH has been selected by another grower from a pack of 16 sensi JH, 3 or 4 years ago. He kept the most sativa pheno of the lot. If I remember, he mentioned a very pleasant taste "hazy, fruity, piney, "cheesy" (whatever that means). And a powerful high (I didn't expect less).
The W-Rhino (also from the same grower) is smaller that the others, first off because I planted the cheeses about a month before anything else, and also because it took longer to root than the JH, hence was planted later. I'd love to say it is catching up, but the others are growing hard too :D.

nomaad, as I have just been saying to mme O, this is actually the genuine cheese cut, i.e the skunk #1 pheno from sensiseeds that was selected 20 years ago. If you look at the pic below, you'll see the telltale double intendation on some of the leaves, apparently a trademark of the real deal cheese (I stole the idea of the double intendation photo on another forum, haha).

picture.php

Double intented leaves

sackoweed, thecheeseman, thanks for the encouragement guys!:party:

I'll be back in a while with an update:abduct: (although things have already changed tremendously).

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Interesting leaf hanuman...

Peaked my interest, so I just checked my big buudah cheese plant I popped from seed, and it's got the double indent thing goin on as well. Not to discredit you in having the real cut, just makes me happy to see it in my 'representation'. I popped the beans because I won them last year here...had to check them out. 10/10 females, was really hoping for a male to try some amature breeding with it. Gooyere (gooxcheese) anyone?? Anyway, the real UK 'exodus' clone is all over norcal, shouldn't be that hard to find...

Bet that Kachina would do excellent outside...

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hey hanuman, this year plants look ok, can't wait for an update! :woohoo:

your last year AK looks really great! congrats.. :wave:

:lurk:

hanuman

Not to discredit you in having the real cut, just makes me happy to see it in my 'representation'.

No problem at all fisher :smile:
Of course, it never crossed my mind that this trait could have been passed onto the offspring... :bashhead:

Thanks for the visit exploziv too

nomaad

Veteran
he real UK 'exodus' clone is all over norcal, shouldn't be that hard to find...

I have seen cheese clones in various dispensaries. None of them were labeled 'exodus' and none of the dispensaries has a reputation for carrying the real deal of anything. Perhaps I will check with Harborside.