What's new

Save ArcticBlast! A YummyBud Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
Yeah I don’t usually post serious stuff, and I usually don’t post personal problems, but I seriously need some help here, sooo…..

Ugggh, where to start? I guess I’ll start with a little background…I’m 23, in a relationship with the mother of my 3 children, and we’ve been together for about 3/3.5 years. We’ve had many ups and downs, many hurdles, lots of hustling, lots of scraping by. But we’ve been grinding out it.

Lately, however, things have gotten weird. I got laid off, so there was a role reversal (again), and she started working, and I started watching the kids. Again, lots of financial woes, as well. So, I start chatting it up with old friends while she’s at work, on the internet (face book and myspace and whatnot). At first it’s innocent, but then it gets into flirting. Like a fool, I flirt with online girls. But don’t you dare judge me, you all know that I’m not the only one!!

So, she’s known the whole time. She regularly checks my face book and myspace (she informed me today, I had no idea) to see what I’m up to. But I guess this time was different, because it was more graphic, and there was an actual “plan” set… believe it or not, but that was also part of this online flirting game (my girlfriend did NOT believe this, so like I said, believe what you want). Now, I’m the first to admit, this is shitty. I’m a terrible boyfriend, and a shitty father. But, I am also human. In my defense (as thin and shakey as it is), I have needs too…emotional and physical! So when they’re not being met, I guess I tend to meet them? I don’t know, this isn’t the first time this has happened, I’ve been doing this before I even met my current girlfriend…I’m like a compulsive online flirter…but I’ve rarely in my life actually gone through with it! And I’ve never gone through with it while I was with my current girl.

Anyway, I was caught, and it was weird… when I usually get caught by a girlfriend, I adamantly deny everything, and manipulate her into thinking that it was all her fault. Its almost like I’ve patented this process, I’m that good. But this time, I didn’t even think about that. I immediately admitted the errors of my ways, and I proceeded to tell her everything that she wanted to know. I told her almost every single lie that I’ve told her (that I could remember), and some lies that I told BEFORE I even knew her…it was a very honest moment, coming from a compulsive liar/asshole. It was, as weird and horrible as this sounds…refreshing. I actually ENJOYED coming clean, and not lying! I just wish the circumstances were different…like I wish I had just had the balls months or even YEARS ago to be completely honest and tell her everything… but this is not the case!

So yeah, at the end of my “cleansing”, I asked for her forgiveness, OR, more importantly, the OPPORTUNITY to redeem myself. She said that she cant handle my lying and how lazy and irritable I am. I added that I hate how short my temper is around the kids. I said that I’d try to work on these things, and that in some time, once she realizes (IF, maybe) that I’m making an honest effort to quit being an asshole and a dirt bag, that she’d be willing to forgive me. At this point, the only thing I’d be asking in return of her is that she address some of the issues that “drove me to this behavior” (quotations, because I don’t feel that this is HER fault, because like I said, I’ve been doing this in every relationship for as long as I can remember). I’d just like her to open up a little more, and actually tell me EXACTLY how she’s feeling, or EXACTLY why she’s mad, so I can fix the problem. Her method now is usually bottling it up, or the silent treatment….neither of these methods usually help the situation, am I right? I know that I’m not in any place to be asking or demanding anything from her, this was just a thought or suggestion.

But yeah, at this point she says she doesn’t know what the fuck she wants. I ask her if she still wants to be with me or if she still loves me, and she said “Unfortunately, yes”…so, great that she wants to be with me still; lame that she hates the fact that she still has feelings for me. Maybe she’s pissed because she had kids with me, further complicating her “escape”, if you will, who knows?

She says “What do YOU want?” and I said “I honestly have no idea, I only do this shit when my relationships go south, or get old, or the spark dies out and its not new anymore…” and I was telling the truth. I love her to death, but its not exciting and new anymore. I know, I know, all relationship are like that. But anyways, she says “Ok, then maybe we should go on a break?” and I pondered it for a good minute…and I don’t agree. I mean, yes, honestly, the whole problem is that I’m young, but I’m really tied down and feel that I’ll never get to have sex with another woman again…that’s a legitimate and widespread fear/thought process…ask anyone in a long term relationship! But I don’t feel that us going on a break is really going to solve the problem… in previous relationships, “breaks” were usually just a bandaid to an inevitable breakup. A break never ever solved a relationship problem, did it? So, my answer was “No, I honestly don’t want that. I don’t want to fuck around on you, I love you, and want to have a family with the kids. I just want to stop being a dirt bag…maybe family or couples counseling?” And I guess the word “counseling” is a huge turn off, because that’s when she said “Ok, I’m going to bed” and walked out of the room.

I guess the purpose of this yummy-like rant is to get some opinions? To get some advice? Because honestly, I’m at a loss. I’ve never been at “this point of a relationship” with kids before, it’s a totally different ballpark. I have the sneaking suspicion that no matter what I do, its over.

Thoughts? Comments? Advice? I’d really appreciate it. And I’d also like a woman’s perspective, preferably someone who’s “been there” or who can identify with HER part of this story…because I have a feeling that most of the people that read this were in MY position, or one similar… Thanks in advance

ArcticBlast

litebuzz

wtf...3 kids! i truly don't believe any man is ready to settle down and have 3 kids by the age of 23. you've kind of screwed yourself of your young wild monkey sex days.
but well thats a moot point at this stage of the game. you say you're a bad boyfriend and father...that's hard to hear.
first off, do yourself a favor and get sniped. you are in no position to be fathering anymore children. secondly, to be honest, i just don't see your relationship ending well. you said yourself, you are a liar, cheat and an asshole to boot. i would kick your ass to the curb myself...but then again, i wouldn't have been stupid enough to have 3 kids with you in the first place.
i know i sound harsh...but i'm just being honest as i have zero tolerance for those type of personalities. you need to get your shyt together, grow the fuk up and start fresh. stop thinking that if something isn't shiney and new that its boring and not worth saving or working on. judging from what you wrote i question you have the proper tools/skills to be a better person. liars and cheats suck in my book...i personally erase them from my life permanently. but i'm a no bullshyt type of person. i guess anyone can change if they really want to. its up to you dude.
if you really want to be a better partner and father, its not going to be an easy road...counseling is in your best interest and keep the communication lines very open between your gal and yourself....even if your relationship doesn't make it, try to be a better parent....you brought 3 lives into this world...do right by them.
quit fuking around on facebook and chatrooms and get a job! time to grow up!

T

TrichyTrichy

always remember that the children come first.
It will work out.

Budweiser13

Oh boy the child support is gonna really fuck with ya hope you work it out take care of them kids man...good luck...

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Ofcoarse people can change!

You need to focus on the things you can control. STOP lying, STOP doing things that you feel you need to lie about, be more open AND honest. It is really simple, you are young but you don't have to be immature.

Good luck :D

T

TrichyTrichy

Well said BigD!
Artic big props to your personal growth. Some men don't ever attain that kind of bravery.

ArcticBlast

Veteran
Word, i really appreciate the replies so far, even (especially?) the harsh ones.

Yeah i do have a lot of growing up to do! And it sucks that i'm trying to figure it all out with all these REAL kids growing up around me!

And yeah, i'm all for getting a job. But as a courtesy to my girlfriend, we sort of take turns every once in a while. When i knew i was going to get laid off, i started applying at mad jobs, but she told me to hold out because SHE wanted to work...so yeah, its not like i'm not ready and willing. Its just hard to afford childcare for 3 kids so both of us can work!

and yeah, lying and cheating is terrible...i'm the biggest hypocrite in the world! i 100% agree

now comes the impossible task of trying to gain that trust and respect back!

thanks guys! i really appreciate the vent session
ArcticBlast

ArcticBlast

Veteran
i love that idea, in theory... because now that i layed EVERYTHING out in the open, maybe that's how it will stay? i mean, it got HER to talk about shit, too! which is extremely rare... so who knows?

ArcticBlast

JimBeamKush

Litebuzz is a complete man hater, haha
Seems to me like she might have gotten fucked over by a few guys and vowed never to let it happen again.

ArcticBlast

Veteran
hey, i asked for that perspective! it gives me insight as to my girlfriend's thought process, too.

ArcticBlast

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Wow, agreed that was a brave post. I don't know if I'd do the same but if it's cathartic to you, then props!

If you're gonna cheat, be more careful and your conscience is your own punishment, your burden to bear silently, forever. Unloading it onto your spouse only hurts them so you feel better about your own mistakes, which is doubly-unfair to them.

Good luck bro, I wish I could tell you what to do, but cover your ass and consider ALL of the consequences of any future actions. Child support is not something I would wish upon my worst enemy, the folks that run that system are pretty much unadulterated evil.

ArcticBlast

Veteran
yeah it sort of is cathartic to get it all out and assess the whole thing with outside, unbiased perspectives... i can totally see why yummybud does this lol

so i deleted girl in question, and am also refusing any future invitations from "trouble", as i'll put it... but beyond that, guess there's nothing i can do really... just change my attitude and stop being an idiot... she said i'm a really good dad, which is great

yeah its tricky.

ArcticBlast

Last edited:

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
I couldn't even read the whole post.

I'm not judging you, but I can't stand to listen or read about people being shitty to people they're involved with.

:/

Good luck, anyways.

ArcticBlast

Veteran
yeah, totally deserved that one. in summary, the post was how i WAS a terrible person to someone i care about, and now i'm trying to seriously redeem myself, not just "get out of trouble"

ArcticBlast

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
see that's good.. i mean i hope you seriously do a 180 here

i have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to lying/deception/cheating, too much work to work past it

ArcticBlast

Veteran
yeah you're totally right, that's why i was saying i'm a hypocrite earlier, because i hate that shit too.

i always told myself that i wasn't a bad person because i never actually cheated, which is wrong. it's just as bad!

ArcticBlast

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
well you aren't a bad person... we all have flaws.

one of mine that i'm trying to work on is i don't care about a lot of people. i guess i'm just really desensitized to death but when i see a corpse being bagged on site at a wreck i just have no sympathy for them. i don't cry at funerals.
i don't get it, i wish i cared more but i don't.

i guess i only care about people that care for me and openly acknowledge it or it's just clear to me. like parents, family, friends, past relationship partners, etc. but joe schmoe i couldn't care less about.
:/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts