What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Satori Harvest by Dragor

Dragor

SATORI by Dragor

Overall Impression: WooW what an impressive plant, in so many ways, where do I start? She eats anything you throw at her, which means she will get bushy/leafy during growth unless you monitor nitrogen levels very closely (?), this also means she is a heavy yielder, tons of weight on the side branches, fluffy nugs purely sativa goodness! In my opinion this sets the new standard for me to compare all other "almost pure" sativas in the future - a definite sour diesel competitor (satori champs diesel imho).

Trichome/Flower Production: This department was very weak for most of the plants' life but after week 6 in flowering they start to sweat the end of season or something and perspirated tons of trichome glands, with a heavenly scent to accompany!

Aroma: Since the seedling stage these guys started to smell already (same with the Sadhus I grew in moonshineman mix, it has to be the soil amendments cause I've never experienced this early terpene expression in plants). In any case, the smells on both started earthy and sweet, then progressed to citrus sweet skunky, then to lifesavers (complex of many fruit smells), and at cut down it smelled like sour grapes and shoe polish or something astringent like that, intense!!! It sounds crazy I know, but actually its changing back to that strong skunky sweetness again as I just started curing the smaller nuggets.

Effects: Super fast onset effect, completely mental-oriented on both of the two plants I grew, short and tall phenos (all other characteristics had minute and insignificant differences). The high is high powered, literally "activates" the brain and gets the brain thinking pretty seriously, it doesn't give much of a euphoric state (but it does let you feel very peaceful minded and that raciness and anxiousness that other sativas give is obsolete). It lets you sit down and be serious and absorbed into whatever you are doing, so it's perfect for ADD sufferers like myself. Also I noticed all my senses seemed to be uplifted and energized, hearing and taste being affected the greatest imho, gotta love those sativa-induced munchies lol (all that cerebral activation demands blood sugar!)

Satori (and Mandala Seeds' breeders) really deserve(s) the honor of High Times 2007 Top 10 winner, it's not much but its on track to becoming a well-known sativa I hope. Imho it's phenomenal medicine for those seeking to find and become one with their peaceful side (i.e. rid of depression, anxiety and stress) and ignite the creative fire and focus that lies deep within the mind... (woah this was one of the deepest cannabis reviews I've done pretty crazy hope you all likes the photos) Peace...

p.s. my other Mandala Seeds harvest can be viewed here: Sadhu Harvest Thread: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=77293

ICMSatoriPairPreharvest.jpg

Tall Pheno
ICMSatoriTallPreharvest.jpg

ICMSatoriTallTrimmed.jpg

ICMSatoriTallManicured.jpg

ICMSatoriTallColaMacro.jpg

Short Pheno
ICMSatoriShortPreharvest.jpg

ICMSatoriShortTrimmed.jpg

ICMSatoriShortManicured.jpg

ICMSatoriShortColaMacro.jpg

Last edited:
G

I really need to purchase some Mandala seeds. Satori, Hashberry, White Satin, Sadhu, they sound like real champs.

excellent pics Dragor I'm getting a contact high :joint:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dragor- not only another great report- but another example of why i am so pleased that you will be growing MADNESS. good or bad, i cannot wait too see a report on her! your love for the plants comes thru bro. great job....sub

GrassRoots

Hey, I've seen that marker somewhere....oh yeah....here....

Great smoke report Dragor. Thank you for sharing with us!

GrassRoots

Dragor

zoolander thanks brotha man always appreciate the positive vibrations...
Ochat haha that kicks ass dude I didn't know satori had supernatural cyberpowers :rasta: let's just say she aint for beginner smokers, real strong sensory enhancement (almost psychedelic at times if you smoke too much).
Sub your words are very much appreciated my friend, it's a newly resurrected old pastime of mine, first verse of the Bible spoke of it so all of mankind should use and love it the same :) you can bet I will put all the same TLC into Madness and share with ICommunity
Grassroots :tongue: forgot to tell ya I had to borrow it haha great unit of measurement ICM gold standard hahah take cares thanks for the + remarks

Dragor

swamp yea man went the full 70 days with her... she didn't change to cloudy trichs until very late so it would have been a waste if I didn't wait the full seventy. Mike should change the flowering info to 70-75 days imo - the glandular content and overall thickness of the flower clusters goes skyrocketing during weeks 9 and 10... and that's when/how one gets the massive yields off satori i think, best wishes :)

Dragor

So here's an update on one of the Satori colas (tall pheno): she is compacting very nicely and the buds are taking better shape with the calyxes popping out now that the leaves are withering into the core of the colas... what a beautiful plant from start to finish, and the smell now is a heavy narcotic piney/polish pungency mixed with spicey and peppery overtones, imagine a trainwreck plant on steroids with terpenes overflow! :p

ICMSatoriTallDryingDay6.jpg

ELEV8D

dragor- very nice satori harvest! I recently grew a few mandala strains- hashberry and satori were by far my favorite!!

I agree with you on the last few weeks of flowering she definitely goes crazy with the trichs- its amazing to look at. Good to see a local playing with mandala genetics as well!!

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Very nice harvest. Excellent report. Thanks for sharing.

Next trip to the bank will have these on the list for sure.

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi! :joint:

Let me leave a foto of a dried and cured bud from my Satori:

She produces very well for a Sativa dominant strain. The bud on the foto came out of a HPS100w grow.

Stay cool :wave: