What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sativas like Durban.P - Kali Mist - Jack Herer - Amnezia.H Help me find them in CBD

Carraxe

Veteran
This is a Jack from the nineties I keep. If they wanted to make a CBD version, how would it be? Effect is that makes this strain special. Flavor also.

It would take years of work to get a strain with the same flavors and similar phenotypes as the original JH seed had, but the high would be totally different. Which reason would we have to do that?

Cheers

Cvh

Supermod
For what I know, no seedbank offering a female Amnesia CBD is going to select using lab results. They do just like Dinafem does: they just cross two cuts they already know and if they pass the test (not many hermies, production, CBD percentage, etc) they just sell it.

You are right, the future is shitty.

Cheers

I agree that there are a lot of hacks out there doing it like this.

And personnaly I find when something is crossed with one of those Auto CBD FAST clones that it's not the orginal with CBD added.
Even if they do manage to make it look and smell the same with stabilized THC/CBD ratio's. It's a cross then and nothing more.

Auto Jack Herer CBD FAST is not the same as an Orginal Jack Herer with pumped up CBD values. They should atleast name it differently and maybe write in the description that the genetics are based of a Jack Herer.

But I have to say that the better breeders like Shantibaba at CBDcrew do select atleast using labresults. Several other breeders do that also.

I don't like it at all, but maybe other people like these CBD Auto Fast hacked up strains of golden oldies varieties. I have respect for other peoples preferences. It's just the Cannabis Light era we're entering. I don't like it, but that's my problem I guess. I'll just keep hoarding the stuff what I like before it's all hacked up.

Here is some info about Cannabis Light:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XfW5CMTgec

(Nothing new actually selecting using labresults, even Skunkman said that in the past when he was breeding for single cannabinoids (and also terpenes) plants he selected using labresults. It's how he made his unreleased high THCV strain if I'm not mistaken.)

Carraxe

Veteran
I agree that there are a lot of hacks out there doing it like this.

And personnaly I find when something is crossed with one of those Auto CBD FAST clones that it's not the orginal with CBD added.
Even if they do manage to make it look and smell the same with stabilized THC/CBD ratio's. It's a cross then and nothing more.

Auto Jack Herer CBD FAST is not the same as an Orginal Jack Herer with pumped up CBD values. They should atleast name it differently and maybe write in the description that the genetics are based of a Jack Herer.

But I have to say that the better breeders like Shantibaba at CBDcrew do select atleast using labresults. Several other breeders do that also.

I don't like it at all, but maybe other people like these CBD Auto Fast hacked up strains of golden oldies varieties. I have respect for other peoples preferences. It's just the Cannabis Light era we're entering. I don't like it, but that's my problem I guess. I'll just keep hoarding the stuff what I like before it's all hacked up.

Here is some info about Cannabis Light:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XfW5CMTgec

(Nothing new actually selecting using labresults, even Skunkman said that in the past when he was breeding for single cannabinoids (and also terpenes) plants he selected using labresults. It's how he made his unreleased high THCV strain if I'm not mistaken.)

I'm hoarding too!

romanoweed

im ever for landraces first.. my taste, but thats why i recommend you sinai from realseedcompany. i read it has up to 5 percent cbd, but its quiet sativa equatorial . That might even come from a seemans industrial background.. maybe. And as i remember its uppy, but very soft, kind of what you describe you searching for. I thought i heard of another northafrican landrace, with high cbd autoflowering.. didnt find it in the first place, but then stumbled upon this.. maybe it was this strain.