What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sativas, Breeding long flowering racy Equitorials:

IndicaFarmer

Screenshot_17-4-2024_181922_www.facebook.com.jpeg

IndicaFarmer

I also have going other varietal mixes along the same sort of themse. mostly durban 80 mixed with lao and mangu carrot as well as a brickweed sativa i found growing along the road in 2015. found someone had thrown away a bunch of seeds that sprouted in dt portland near a methadone clinic. saw them and scooped them up. bred them into a mix, the thin leaves and long internodes being very dominant.
I have very little room to grow, am growing under the kitchen sink right now, my gf is not very found of having a tent in our one bedroom apt. but i do have many many seedlings and teen starts i will plant in seceret locations along th highway where i live. hard to find areas where the homeless do not reside ad where the plants will be stolen, destroyed or eaten by rabbits, i guess these are the banes of outdoor growers. My growing season is cut off in mid october due to rain. sometimes though, the weather is ok till novemeber.
Id also like to get some more varieties from tropical zones, and adapt them to this climate over many generations. Flash seeds has a great looking variety known as panama lime. I love the christmas tree structure. I guess it is a super auto, it lives for 3 or four months and gets very tall at 6 feet or so. but it keep s that terrific equitorial look.

IndicaFarmer

The above photo, sorry for repeat, is of a durban sativa mix i did last year. I loved the structure, vigor and also the product of the flowers. they were very sticky, and the smells were exotic. nothing like the weed you get at the despensary. A lot of the time the nose is very floral, sweet and no hint of skunkiness. I like the anise scent too, many of my durban crosses have this predominantly as the floral type. I'd love to get the chance to grow these outdoors here. I am sure they would get up to 12 or fifteen feet or more. Indoors they have to be kept in small constricting pots and also toped or tied down. this alters the natural shape, but its the only way to do it. all these plants were left to seed themeselves.