What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sativa Seedbank Blackberry & Raspberry Cough

Endur

Veteran
Haven't ran the Blackberry....
I assume, if you pop a couple packs, you should find a keeper.

Peace
Endur

I have been running Sativa Seeds Fem, Raspberry for 2 years now. Indoor & outdoor.

It yields heavy,
Indoor- grows pole like, one main central top, flowers all the way down the stem.

Outdoors- Nice round Bush
Big top colas, pulled 2+ lbs in a 100 gallon smart pot.

Very fruity, frosty,
Some say it has a grapefruit, tropical smell,
I seem to get more of a berry/skunky scent.

It definitely has a unique smell,
I have friends say it's top shelf meds. and always want it when I have it.

The Pheno I have, looks to lean more towards the Ice,

High is more Sativa,
relaxing, long lasting 2-3+ hours. Motivational, good daytime smoke.

here are some pics...

Indoor
View Image

View Image

Outdoor
View Image

View Image

Thanks for the review

tkd1985

ref. to the blackberry - the only information i could find offering a high amount of
hermaphrodites - can someone confirm this ?

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sativa Seedbank's Blackberry is their Raspberry Cough crossed with their Black Domino (black domina). Ran it indoors and out in 2010, no hermie traits. Large plants and yield, but the high was a bit weak imo.

tkd1985

Sativa Seedbank's Blackberry is their Raspberry Cough crossed with their Black Domino (black domina). Ran it indoors and out in 2010, no hermie traits. Large plants and yield, but the high was a bit weak imo.

thanks for the reply ; can u provide me with an estimated value of the stretch indoors ?

purple phenos seem to be rare.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's been awhile since I grew her, I don't recall her having a huge stretch. But I do remember that outdoors it was a bug magnet.

tkd1985

can u compare the level of high with another strain? (iam quite surprised 'cause ppl tend to mention a pretty intense high even with good tolerance)

(the cbd level should be also on a higher level when iam right informed?)

This thread hasn't been active for awhile but Ill chime in anyway..

Ive grown and smoke Raspberry Cough from Sativa Seeds. I can't remember if it was feminized or regular but I do remember it being some of my favorite smoke at the time. She grew easy, large and uniform in a fairly short period of time. She looked like a 50/50 sativa/indica hybrid. The smell was very unique, I can still remember every detail yet I could never describe it. Funky, foul, pungent, musky, rubber, ammonia, rotten meat, could all be used to describe its smell and taste. It had a seriously strong stone with fairly long legs. We grew her all naturally.

I'm going to get myself a few packs and find that plant again.

I really wish I could get my hands on the Cambodian used in that cross, I'm guessing that's where the terpene profile gets its funk. Ive never had anything like that from any ICE sample. Never grown it myself but Ive had plenty of well grown samples.

I grew this strain about 5-6 years ago a buddy ordered a few packs of seeds and the raspberry cough was a feminized freebie ,I grew it out not expecting much ,and to my surprise turned out to be a great all around plant . Clones always rooted and grew vigorously, bushy plant that would branch of naturally no topping needed ,I'd veg for 3-4 weeks and flower 4 under a 600 and pull a unit an a half of each light everytime ,happy frog soil ,botanicare nutes ,5 gal bucket. The nice thing about this plant was no larf at all ,trimmed up decently and was really good smoke ,it had a smell that reminded me of cherry coughs syrup . I remember culling alot of the stuff I had at the time to make more room for this freebie lol . Anyways this threads pretty damn old I just figured I'd ask if anyone has grown it lately ? And is it still making the same kinda plants , my cousin brought over a new cut for my to try out and it ended up bringing pm with it , I couldn't get it off the raspberry cough and it ended up being culled that's how I lost it ,but I'd definitely give her another go