What's new

Sativa hash?

alvin88

Hey guys I'm looking do dive into the world of pure sativas or 90% hybrids as it's something I've never done before. I just grow for my own smoke now! Lol

But I do prefer to usually smoke bubble hash. In my experience or at least from what Ive been told, sativas generally have smaller trichome heads and yield smaller amounts of hash.

Any of you have experience with getting decent yields of hash off any ace sativas? I have my eye on panama, panama haze, and zamaldelica

Thanks yall

Last edited:

goingrey

The answer to the question "Sativa hash?" is "Yes!"

The Moroccan landrace is a sativa and makes the most popular hash in the world, about 2500 metric tons per year.. Not to mention places such as India and Nepal and their sativa charas.

But I guess your real question was which ACE strain washes the best.. and I dunno. But I'm sure all three you mention will do fine.

JockBudman

I'd say start with Panama - she frosts up more in my experience and red phenos have a more indica bud structure and weight meaning more yield. If you do the haze cross, selecting for Panama phenos would help.

To me zamaldelica is a ganja strain that deserves to be used as flower but its up to you.

Lebanizer

I would agree with what @goingrey said except that I would qualify it somehow as I suspect/assume that what alvin88 meant when he said "sativa" is really tropical sativa plants. If so as mentionned they might not be the best for hash as they have been selected over time for THC content than for resin, they tend to have smaller trichomes that don't fall off as easily as those of the non tropical varieties so you wouldn't get as much extracted resin as you would get from a hash plant (indica or sativa). A hybrid of tropical sativa x hash plant (including sativa) could be a better solution for what you want.

goingrey

I would agree with what @goingrey said except that I would qualify it somehow as I suspect/assume that what alvin88 meant when he said "sativa" is really tropical sativa plants. If so as mentionned they might not be the best for hash as they have been selected over time for THC content than for resin, they tend to have smaller trichomes that don't fall off as easily as those of the non tropical varieties so you wouldn't get as much extracted resin as you would get from a hash plant (indica or sativa).
Moroccan also has small trichomes and not such high extract yields, it's a sativa. The strategy was to just plant more, I guess, and later hybrids.

Lebanizer

Moroccan also has small trichomes and not such high extract yields, it's a sativa. The strategy was to just plant more, I guess, and later hybrids.
I'm prejudiced but i want to assume that sativa hashplants would perform better than the tropical sganja sativas which have never been selected for resin extraction. Tropical sativa hash does sound like the most decadent thing ever ! Imagine the effect or aroma of a lump of Kerala or Thai hash :love: Just mentioning the notion makes me salivate !

Koondense

Veteran
Take a look at "Zenith", she was probably the most resinous Ace sativa I had. Sweet fruity hashy...
Second is Panama x Bangi, different terpenes, sharper on lemon side, not so sweet but absolutely lovely effects.
Anyway, you can't go wrong with Panama or most of its hybrids.
Also Malawi and Golden Tiger are rich with trichomes but have different effects, terpenes and overall "concept". GT hash would be some killer stuff, might make it some day.

Cheers

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I have made bubble out of a number of Sativas . . .

Ace Zamaldelica fem: pheno #1 – Thai leaning – very poor return – very spiky high
Ace Zamaldelica fem: pheno #2 – Malawi leaning – medium return – more mellow that the #1
Ace Malawi fem: decent return – very nice rosy glow hash

Dr. Grinspoon: ridiculously small yield but exquisite hash – the ultimate wake & bake imho

Ras Kali Rasta

Here are some recommendations from dubi's interview on The Pot Cast ep. 56.5. The discussion on Ace sativas for hash starts about 33min into the interview.

Panama fem
Panama x Bangi Haze
Malawi x Panama
Killer A5 Haze
Zamaldelica fem
Golden Tiger fem

There will be other contenders. Check out some strain photos here or on the Ace website. If a strain develops significant resin on the leaves, it will work well for hash.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
@alvin88
I've only been doing hash a few years now. This season I'm going to use some Ace crosses I've made. Lebanese x Auto Malawi and Highland Nepalese Grape x Auto Zamaldelica. They're in early flowering right now with about 5 or 6 weeks left to harvest. I will know more later, two seasons ago I had some Gdubb that is mostly Panama and it was amazing. Have fun trying different strains you might find that something you didn't expect blows your mind. A couple pictures of my hash room with my 1895 converted washing machine that I absolutely love. It was upgraded this year with a 2" dump valve and 2" copper tubing to drain into my 5 gallon bags.
Peace farmerlion
20211204_173117.jpg
20211007_162354.jpg
20211123_155033.jpg
20211009_125835.jpg
20211123_154924.jpg
20211123_110008.jpg

early_bird

Veteran
Has someone made Hash with the Malawi x PCK ?

Dubi told in the Podcast that PCK carrys the color in the tricomes, the hash get´s a nice reddish color :love:

Malawi x PCK grows also colorful i wonder if this is also true for them. This strain produces big yield and is also super resinous.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Has someone made Hash with the Malawi x PCK ?

Dubi told in the Podcast that PCK carrys the color in the tricomes, the hash get´s a nice reddish color :love:

Malawi x PCK grows also colorful i wonder if this is also true for them. This strain produces big yield and is also super resinous.
early_bird, my Lebanese x Auto Malawi f1's with a loupe have multi colored pistils. Oddly the lower half of the pistil is vibrant burgundy/purple and the top of the pistil is white.
This isn't just one plant that has shown this trait. Another observation is the two plants that have just white pistils both have fewer visible trichomes??

The multi colored pistils have visibly more trichomes on the buds. I have done repository feedings using red beets and while I didn't see any color changes in leaf veins or stems, it's possible that the pistils are showing this expression.

Tomorrow I am going to do a red beet feeding to the repositories and see if the influence increases. Please note that this is just speculation and could be completely unrelated. It's very possible that the recombination of these genetics in the f1 hybrid manifests this trait in the offspring.

The Purple Malawi from Ace are quite spectacular. The Nepjam, Violetta and PCK offerings are very colorful beautiful plants. Enjoy trying different strains.
Peace farmerlion

San_Pedro

I love sativa hash! The returns are a little lower but the product is superb. I've made bubble and dry sift from several varieties including Ace gear. My favorite was a long lost and deeply missed cut of Satori from Mandala seeds. Super complex aroma with a blissfully sativa high. I bet Kali china would make a nice hash...or the right Nepal Jam selection.

babe ruth

I made hash out of panama and supermalawi haze. One or two knife puff of those would get me riduculously high, if not too much so. If your looking for that kind of trip go ahead 🤪 Both panama and malawi have good sized trichrome and excellent hash extraction potential. Panama hash turned out pale gray and was tastyyy. I also made hash out of violetta That turned a beautiful dark purple and was excellent.