What's new

Sativa cloning project. This may take a while..

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Sativa cloning project. It may take a while to get the cloning project really in full swing.
This is one of my few outdoor ladies. It just now started flowering a week ago. So the plan is to get this one to grow out those lower banches for some clones so i can grow them indoors.
But first she needs to grow all of these branches out long enought for a good trunk base. Then ill take every other branch on the plant.
Shes in a 9-10 gallon pot. It doesn't get real cold in central TX until November. I akso have a small green house to keep her alive through the winter for next spring.

Wish me luck on this project.

20220831_114634.jpg

GoatCheese

Veteran
You’ve been talking about those growing problems in few other threads and that soil looks too wet . The plant is showing some overwatering signs – pale a bit droopy leaves that curl down abit.

9-10 gallons is a large container for a fairly small plant and it will take a good while for it to get rid of all that moisture in the soil. You should allow the soil to dry out quite a bit before next watering and go easier with it. You will run into serious root zone problems with wet soil when the air get s colder.

Good luck with the project

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
The over watering is because she got too much rain tbe other day. Im trying to let her dry out alot before any more water is given.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Update she is starting to grow out the lower branches which the first part is working.
I give it some water with food and cal-mag-iron.
20220904_181722.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Fast forward to 2023. I don't remember how that plant turned out. Probably turned out okay but I guess it didn't end up cloneable. Now I have a new sativa cloing project. These two came from an outdoor female that I have. The plan is to make these into mother-plant for clones for indoors.. they are in a 3 gallon pot of fox farm happy frog soil.
20230804_115151.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Update: these two are starting to grow branches. Once they grow big and bushy i plan on taking a few clones. To grow and flower. Then ill let te motger planr grow back more be taking more clones.
20230813_161310.jpg

Last edited:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Update: they are getting branchy and still not ready for cloning just yet. I need them to grow more bushy first. How long does the fertilizer in Fox farm happy frog the last before i needa start feeding veg nuts?
20230822_010315.jpg
20230821_150331.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Pix. I dont think i should be already having to feed these. I didnt think sativas like too much food to stay healthy.
20230826_162209.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I'm glad I found a screen to put on these clones cuz now its getting bushy. Now I gotta figure out when is the best time to take cuttings. Now that it spread out I was figuring. I would let it grow another 2 inches taller before taking cuttings. They are still under 24hrs of light.
20230828_101602.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Heres some other angles of them. At the moment, they're getting the most amount of lighti can give them. Hopefully I can get them more light soon.
20230901_142432.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
They are gettin close to being ready to take clones. I just gotta figure out the best way to get the clones to grow big roots. And the best place to take the cuttings without damaging the plant or allowing the plant to get sick.
20230907_003732.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I'm beginning to hate sativas. What the F is wrong with my plants? As usual the leaves are starting to turn yellow. Maybe I need to feed it grow food I don't know.
20230927_020829.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So I'm really surprised that this one is still alive. As I've been givng them only plain water. And every once in a while i gave h2o2 water.

I never ended up taking any clothes. I trimmed a lot of dieing leaves. I feel like I should start feeding these veg fertilizer so they can stat growing healthy again. At this point she's at the end of week 23. 🤣

20231224_013543.jpg

20231224_020353.jpg
20231224_020313.jpg