What's new

San Diego's Finest Cuts

S

slackerbri

Dragor said:
bbing - me toooo! Wonder if any ingenious stoner has thought about a solar style grow room yet? I am envisioning a grow room with a relatively large skylight feature built in with some type of reflective paneling inside to act as reflector, with reflective walls, and some accessory lighting to the sides of the room?! Time to reinvent the wheel somebody, indoor greenhouses, save energy! (I guess the more convenient way would be with solar panels running kilowatts, so one can light up the room when the sun has waned/night time)... just another crazy thought of the day ;)

Pops - the smoking experience actually helps my asthma, and there's no possible way to recreate the diversity of "effects" from the intricate cannabinoid profiles possessed by all the thousands of strains bred and populated on this planet by efforts of people like yourself... On the note of terpenes - could it be that the vaporization effect has a much greater effect in "uplifting" and providing a sense of well-being (even for some heavy indica strains) because the terpenes are much less altered by heat/combustion and provide the medicinal effects better?

The Nike European Headquarters in Hilversum, Netherlands was designed to be as "green" as possible and they have a system of directing daylight thru the building as well as a water collection system which is used for irrigation and plumbing(toilets).

I've also heard of something that collects sunlight and directs it thru fiber-optic cable but you would need a significant amount of individual cables in order to get enough light where it would have to be.

Dragor

slackerbri said:
The Nike European Headquarters in Hilversum, Netherlands was designed to be as "green" as possible and they have a system of directing daylight thru the building as well as a water collection system which is used for irrigation and plumbing(toilets).

I've also heard of something that collects sunlight and directs it thru fiber-optic cable but you would need a significant amount of individual cables in order to get enough light where it would have to be.

There we go! Thanks Dr slackerbri for that tidbit ;) I wouldn't expect less from those Dutch pothead engineers! ;) Now if only the technology could become more "usable", we'd be able to get the benefits of pest control and safety from theft from indoor growing, with ultimate "green" quality! I hope by the time I have enough money to build my "dream home" that this architectural technology is affordable and feasible!

Dragor

Pops said:
Dragor, I have never done this in any tests. I have read so much on the subject that I never know if it is something I read, something I thought of or something I pulled out of my ass!

Hahaha! It doesn't matter Pops, love every bit of knowledge that comes from your posts... the science of marijuana has a looooong way to go, keep the facts and theories coming please!

More pics guys...?

Last edited:
G

Greyskull

Dragor said:
More pics guys...?

Aloha San Diego! Here's what Greyskull's getting ready to chop down... all at day 52.
Grape Romulan

Bubba Kush

SourDieselxSourBubba

Things are looking nice from where I am standing :canabis:

Dragor

Gorgeous photos there brotha Greyskull! So swollen and drenched in sugar!
SDxSB colas are crazy heavy looking, and such a beautiful calyxal structure! Did you make this cross yourself? Grape Romulan is sativa dominant hybrid right? Rom is one of the best strains to cross with, give one helluva dominant punch to its mating partner!

G

Greyskull

Dragor said:
Gorgeous photos there brotha Greyskull! So swollen and drenched in sugar!
SDxSB colas are crazy heavy looking, and such a beautiful calyxal structure! Did you make this cross yourself? Grape Romulan is sativa dominant hybrid right? Rom is one of the best strains to cross with, give one helluva dominant punch to its mating partner!

wow thanks man. I am a camera hack... getting really lucky with the results. Its the plants doing the work in all the photos. I wish I had some kind of breeder skills... I was just lucky enough to get my hands on her when she was in town. As for the Rom.... sativa hybrid for sure though not sure of all of its genetic makeup. ALL I KNOW IS SHE IS A WINNER.

Hey ESCOknows - no co2 brother. Beer, yes!

Last edited:

Dragor

Haha you feed your plants beer?!?! Damn man why you gotta hide your secrets like that! :rasta:

CONGRATULATIONS BARACK OBAMA, PRESIDENT OF AMERICA! :jump:

Last edited:
G

Greyskull

well the beer is for the grower... but its for the plants' best interests!

Dragor

Was jus playin' bro ;) I agree that a beer or two while tending the garden is for the good of the babies, I've lost track of number of mL's I put into my teas when I was stoned and trying to tend the garden, beer is a better choice ;) Stone IPA is what I'm hittin' right now (respect SD/Escondido!) and delivering much needed care. I've posted too many pics of my girls lately, if anybody cares to see more let me know.. more pics from the SD brethren is surely in order :)

J

JeffSpicoli

killer pics Greyskull! everything looks insane :rasta:

Here are a couple shots i took earlier today, i got lots more...
Both were seeded by a Blueberry male

Green Crack at around 5 weeks

Larry OG at around 6 weeks

Dragor

Jahhh Blesss, Spicoli!! Great photography skills man, love the outdoor setting in the background, beautiful contrast of the green buds in foreground! Green Crack x Blueberry is a brilliant thought, talk about terpenoids! You do a lot of breeding which not enough people do (including myself), respect! That's how elites are born anyways, not to mention species diversification... Larry OG has some very sativa-ish foliage, a unique breed of OG that I have come to love over the years... Thanks again for the sharing, feel free to throw down more anytime, please ;)

Last edited:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
hash in tha bong and whiskey in my cup,,,san diegos finest in the studio 760 619 858 ,,,trashing the fuckne place ina late nite sesshion>>>BhT

Last edited by a moderator:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Dragor said:
bbing - me toooo! Wonder if any ingenious stoner has thought about a solar style grow room yet? I am envisioning a grow room with a relatively large skylight feature built in with some type of reflective paneling inside to act as reflector, with reflective walls, and some accessory lighting to the sides of the room?! Time to reinvent the wheel somebody, indoor greenhouses, save energy! (I guess the more convenient way would be with solar panels running kilowatts, so one can light up the room when the sun has waned/night time)... just another crazy thought of the day ;)

Pops - the smoking experience actually helps my asthma, and there's no possible way to recreate the diversity of "effects" from the intricate cannabinoid profiles possessed by all the thousands of strains bred and populated on this planet by efforts of people like yourself... On the note of terpenes - could it be that the vaporization effect has a much greater effect in "uplifting" and providing a sense of well-being (even for some heavy indica strains) because the terpenes are much less altered by heat/combustion and provide the medicinal effects better?

The reason that it helps your asthma is that THC is not only a vasodilator that opens up veins and arteries, it also opens up the air sacs in the lungs. I agree with you that vaping probably does not destroy as many terpenes as combustion, though I have no concrete proof of that yet. You certainly are not getting any tar or burning plant material, which should make vaping a more pleasant experience with better taste, as well as being healthier.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Man you guys really do have the finest cuts!! Respect to you guys for throwing such a positive thread down and keepin it that way! I sure do miss Pacific beach and Moose's on weds.!!! $1 Drinks!!! Peace and respect to yall!!!

wick650

Does anyone here grow the Pure Kush or Sour Kush that they got from APE? Looks like APE lost nearly all his strains, and is trying to get them back right now

Dragor

subrob - that GDP cut is a keeper for sure man, you never fail to impress, from page one of this thread as well as ur subshots thread! Do you keep her single cola for any particular reasons? You ever done Purple Urkle or Grape Ape? I hear these latter 2 don't yield as well but have good flavor... which doesn't really mean all that much when your growing for chronic pain relief. Your GDP x Skunk should change that up a bit though...

Green Wizard - congratulations to your state of MI! A lot of positive movement has been happening in these wonderful states of ours in regard to medical recognition of marijuana - one step at a time - we will be setting a great example for many countries and generations to come... Michigan's Finest thread - woohoo!

Pops - I am about to get rid of my waterpipes and invest in some vaporization instruments, been having a lot of bronchial problems lately and don't want to aggravate anything further... what's the most efficient vaporizer on the market these days?

wick650 - haven't seen any of these cuts mentioned or illustrated by any SD growers (yet), so it is possible that APE lost them a while back or something... did you give it to anybody else, try putting up a thread on 'em with some pics and maybe it'll pop up from somewhere in this ICMag community - best of luck

wick650

Dragor: I think he lost his strains about 3 or 4 months a go. I just heard that he got the orgnkid Sour Kush cut back, so I'm stoked on that.

If anyone here obtained a Pure Kush cut from APE please chime in!