What's new

San Diego's Finest Cuts

Pops said:
I have rambled on enough. Time to drive into town and pick up my son,who is flying in from Florida. I have spent the weekend building wheelchair ramps and handicapped grab bars around the house. I have not seen my son since he came down with ALS and he warned me that he has really gown downhill. It will be strange seeing my husky, muscular son using a walker or wheelchair and not being able to use his hands much. He is why I study this shit, most of which is over this old mans head.

God bless you, Pops....hug that son of yours. A lot.

bbing

im running 196w 6500k CFL's concurrent w/ 600HPS. T5's would be alot cooler. Swear it makes a diff. Fuller spectrum = fuller range of compound development. I cant wait till LED's give us the ability to Dial-a-Specrtum and change it dynamically throughout the day. We will learn to trigger all kinds of things and have tons of shared lighting scripts that work specific to strain and technique.

Dragor you calling my H1 as well re: cannibioid profiling. a CB1 receptor antagonist/inhibitors? holy fuck i've come to the right place.

limonene and pinene = lemon and pine :jump:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
BiG H3rB Tr3E said:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

another no experience,, get rich quick schemer???

wait:::hes rocking 4k??? careful not to over load your grid :asskick:
you missed it bht, he had a few other colorful posts that i think were deleted out. i arrived too late for the beat down, as these guys had already taken care of bidness and chased him away. maybe he will be back and we can get a piece!(of course i mean in our gentle, patient way that we deal with tools of course!)

Dragor

ESCO - I love the Afghooey man, its pinned high up on my favorites list, and your totally right about the Plane having that twisted sweet afghani type smell too, but I never found it to be so revolting as to induce vomitting, lol good laughs on that one...

GT, Pops, bbing - I believe as indoor growers one of our main responsibiities is to mimic as much as possible the natural environment and seasonal changes for our beloved herb... and the gradual transisition of spectrum is surely one of the most important ones... I did a similar thing on my current grow: going from T5 cool blue for veg, to CMH in early flower, to Son Agro (blue enhanced HPS) in early/mid flower (currently) to the final full blown HPS... except I think I'll go traditional MH instead of CMH next time (or go with GTs brilliant fulham idea *wink*)!

Pops - that was one of the best reads I've had online yet.. thanks for that plethora of scientifc updates! This business of US patents on properties of cannabinoids sounds terrifying, how could they do that? God gets all the intellectual rights to this one!!! sheesh... Cannabinoids are going to change a lot of treatment modalities in medicine one day, at the rate I see it going. It's got all the chemistry that scientist can play with (imagine the number of ways you can chemically alter the precursor CBG into all sorts of new pharma "drugs") - as well as has all the homeopathic qualities for doctors of homeopathy to study and provide as treatments... my deepest and most heartfelt consolations to you and your beloved son, he must be very proud of you for all the time and energy you spend on this subject, you are such a caring dad it seems, the world needs more fathers like yourself, God bless you my good man

BHT & subrob - we definitely did have someone drop a huge toolbox in here, it got LOUD real quicklike, and I hope you all saw the post rob is talking about, it was as colorful as my tiedye shirt, haha... people who give no true value to our beloved medicine have no place in my heart/mind, they will all perish to their own demise...

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Grow Tech, I have a nursery,a veg room and a flower room. I am going to experiment with having some daylight and warm white tubes in my nursery. Now that the heat is finally dropping, I can turn on my HPS in the veg room to go with my MH.

Dragor, take a look at synthetic cannabinoid developed by Dr. Mechoulam.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HU-210

I trying to study this stuff for the last 2 years(much of it over my head), I have come to the realization that our bodies are a series of complex chemical reactions, with thousands going on each hour. In order for these reactions to go off smoothly each time, they depend on the proper substances going into our body. In the latter part of the 20th century, we started introducing dangerous chemicals into our crop land, our water our air and even our food itself. Our water is polluted with industrial chemicals and many,many drugs that come from peeing out our thousands of prescriptions. Water samples from major cities show up to 90 prescription medicines,including birth control pills. We are ingesting these chemicals and I believe that they are messing with our systems. Our bodily functions are controlled by the endocannabinoid system. When we put strange chemicals in our bodies, our natural system cannot work like it is supposed to. All other animals, fish and reptiles have have endocannabinoid systems and we see fish and animals dying who have used our polluted waters. We don't have to worry about asteroids, super volcanoes or aliens from space going to destroy us. We are poisoning ourselves. Fortunately, we have a plant that produces cannabinoids to mimic the ones in our body when they aren't working. Unfortunately, our government has made this same life-saving plant illegal.

O.K. rant over. Please return to your regularly scheduled program.

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Thanks Pops for keeping us all up to date!

"Also because HU-210 is a CB1 full agonist as opposed to THC which is a partial agonist, the sedative effects of HU-210 are much more prominent, meaning that while fatal overdoses of THC itself are virtually impossible[1], they would be possible with HU-210."

Wiki states HU-210 is 100-800 times more potent than thc.

You guys got one of the best threads on ICMAG!

bbing

Pops :bow: i am so with you brother its crazy. Anti depresents in the ground water is fuggin crazy :cuss: I got sick for a year from polluted water we surf. I am sure of it. Physically fit brothers in their 40's an even 30's having heart-attacks????? WTF??? :rant: o.k. NOW back to your regularly scheduled program. :joint:

Dragor - I know Rez always said he had some secrets re: this very subject. (not that imma Rez hyper...ok a little). LED's could do it for ya on the fly baby.

token the GA right now. Not mine. Fuck when you get her dialed she is a real special thing

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
may be getting to the point that mods need to sticky a thread by pops on some of his research and ideas.

bbing

If you need a R.A. Pops, im your man. Just a mention in your journal publication is all i ask.

I have phase ii clinical trial skills. :muahaha:

and not as subject...! :YaRight:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
subrob said:
may be getting to the point that mods need to sticky a thread by pops on some of his research and ideas.

That's O.K. Pops is sticky enough. I have been trimming. Oh, the smell is divine!!!!

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
sounds like pops and grow tech should get together and do some informative pieces. I know GT knows the botany side of MMJ, could have some good things come from this =)

enjoy the divine smell!

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Just because we are talking medical stuff doesn't mean that you guys can't post pics of hairy young virgins!

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Hey Soulfly,
Thanks for the kind words but what I know most of all ... is that I don't know squat. I'm always up to be part of a grow centric conversation though and occassionally I might actually say something intelligent :muahaha: .

Massive respect to Pops for his deep knowledge of the medicinal details of our favorite plant.

Peace

Oh...Just pulled a pan of Cinnamon Choco Chip Bars out of the oven. Mmmmmm Cinnamon Choco Chip Bars

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
After 123 pages of great info...and stuff that was even confusing me...lol!!-- It should be-- I was a lurker...but avid fan here-- Actually, making it a Sticky didn't change it much, as it was always on the top anyways!!
This gets my vote as IC Mag thread of the year award...(Maybe someone should tell Gypsy that that award even exists-- :muahaha: )
:rasta: :rasta: :rasta: :rasta: :rasta:

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
i have never seen this thread before. Where has it been am i blind? And Ive been waiting for clones form SD thread to pop up. I want to fill this forum up with any info to get clones anywhere in California! And good genetics too! Its great that us old timers been around a lot know a little bit about the scene, but its the priceless advice or education you can receive just by listening to someone ( or reading in this case). Rock on California!

J

JeffSpicoli

hey SCF, this thread used to be in the flower pics forum, but it has transformed through its many many pages, and a mod decided it was better off over here in the medical forum :)

Dragor

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Dear San Diego's Finest friends and readers,
What a great honor and pleasure it has been to see the progression (and transformation) of this thread since it's initiation a couple days into 2008... It would not have become the thread that is without the bright, intelligent, classy and supportive posters that you all are... Subrob and I are extremely thankful and appreciative of the support group style community we have formed here, and little did we know that it would reach this many pages of valuable information over such a short period of time. Today's status change to Sticky is quite an accomplishment - please pat yourselves on the back everyone for this... Having gone from the Flower Pics forum to Medicinal forum was an interesting change, but we were bound for this change, being that my first post mentioned the cuts being geared towards medicinal uses and their properties... Let us have a moment of silence for the beloved, late Dr. Jay. His legend continues in every page of this thread, and we will uphold this to our best! Thank you again all, may the Almighty above look upon each of your blessed souls and guide you with patience, care, love and support for one another in times of need...
Sincerely,
Dragor