What's new

San Diego's Finest Cuts

Dragor

tenfeetofganja said:
^^^^
Forget the latex gloves dragor and run over and get yourself some french fries. Nothing better than hot french fries when yah got hash covered fingeres :rasta:

BRILLIANT!!! ;) You always got some creative ideas tenfeet! :)

JeffSpicoli said:
i wonder if its the real Cush?
i think i remember someone saying APE had a old GreenC cut that actually wasnt the real deal, but he has since gotten a different legitimate cut?
I had a cut of her from him that i never got to flower out, but the fan leaves looked identical to yours when she was in veg.

You gettin any sour candy apple smell in there?
jeff, what's up dude?! been a minute since I saw ya on here - that's some new news I hadn't heard yet - and I think that we may be ringing bells here, cause just as you asked about the smell - I gave a lil squeeze and damn does that sour apple candy smell target it perfectly - my previous citrus ginger watermelon was off the fresh plant and its been slow drying all day and definitely starting to smell more "in place" than earlier - thanks for sharing your experience dude! I'm slowly solving this puzzle that's bothering the s#@$ outta me hehe - peace

Last edited:

Dragor

Any of you guys here advocates of cmh lighting for flowering?
I had a lot of problems ventilating the cmh bulb in my tiny cab but I decided to give it another shot these last three days of flowering on P91 and Ice Cream, and so far I am pretty impressed with what it does in late flowering (I will use it for 12 days on Madness and see if she gets nasty trich'd)... Ice Cream's lagging top has taken off with the cmh and the other top is so bright white it hurts to look directly at it, seriously... cmh is some potent stuff, they say high amounts of UVB in there so maybe that's what's pushing the ladies to finish faster - I wouldn't use it during full flower because you would get more vegitative matter in your final product (from what i've heard/read)...

Dragor

Sbuddah can't wait to be doing da rasta toke on this bad ass baby of mine! P91 DAY 55!!!
IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Dragor-
CMH? Some breed of metal halide I assume. Can you give a little extra info?

Dragor

Well Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH) as you said is a breed of metal halide that emits the entire visible spectrum with more intensity than any other bulb on the market including the standard metal halides - it also has enhanced amplitude in the 480 (red) and 550 (blue) wavelengths I believe which are the only two you need for growing cannabis or any flowering plant. This leads to the common theory that one bulb fits all but I think that you would get too much veg matter from the additional strong blue during early flowering so my suggestion to give HPS only from weeks 0-6 then give them the CMH last 10-20 days because it also has some UVB rays that will help plump and coat the flowers. Best of luck, I will update on this thread when I see the results from Madness as this is the first time I'm trying this after much reading - peace

Dragor

Yet some more of San Diego's Finest for ya all - MADNESS - day 55 - and putting on quite a show for me over here! Passin' da love this way...

IMG_2571.jpg

... and some Ice Cream too
IMG_2574.jpg

Last edited:

Grow Tech

Veteran
Dragor said:
Well Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH) as you said is a breed of metal halide that emits the entire visible spectrum with more intensity than any other bulb on the market including the standard metal halides - it also has enhanced amplitude in the 480 (red) and 550 (blue) wavelengths I believe which are the only two you need for growing cannabis or any flowering plant. This leads to the common theory that one bulb fits all but I think that you would get too much veg matter from the additional strong blue during early flowering so my suggestion to give HPS only from weeks 0-6 then give them the CMH last 10-20 days because it also has some UVB rays that will help plump and coat the flowers. Best of luck, I will update on this thread when I see the results from Madness as this is the first time I'm trying this after much reading - peace

Very cool, I have a couple smaller ballasts sitting around here. I might try to track down a CMH for some late flower supplemental lighting

Can you flower under strictly mh? i got two sets. one is flower under hps, other one under mh. and plants under mh look better...any comments?

G

Can you flower under strictly mh?
Yes. While I have no personal experience a friend did it with great results. Best herb I ever grew was under halides so how can you go wrong? I'm starting to purchase equip for a new set up and I'm going with 400 watt CMH's start to finish.

SuperLarry

madness?? is there a correlation to mulimberry(sp?) madness - some down under shit. i've seen p91 and the many socal bullriders. i've gotten some cuts from ape, who seems to be missing in action at the moment - lemon skunk, sensi star, strawberry diez. just wondering where the madness is - looks beautiful!

heres my bullrider, 8 under a 600hps.

heres some in an aeroflo, not the fullest scrog but it worked

Grow Tech

Veteran
Spoke with Ape last nite. He has lots of stuff going on but I can say he's safe & still in the area.

Peace

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
superlarry-no, no correlation that i am aware of to mulimby, nor is there to the mendo madness(i dont think) there are some who think it is salmon creek big bud-and that is a very real possibility, we will know soon, as some who have had scbb are now getting madness. it originally came from oregon, via norcal, and has been here in san diego for between 15 and 20sumpin years.(heard two diff. versions) when you get ahold of APE, i gave him a cut that he mothers and can get ya hooked up......sub

P.S. that BR looks KILLLLLAHH!

MMMMMM, MADNESS:

Last edited:
S

Shan Diego

Happy about the Madness

Happy about the Madness

Yo Sub- thanks (again) for the Madness. Obviously, you didn't bequeath it upon me directly, but in the end, I do have the DNA - thanks to you, sir. Perhaps you didn't intend to contribute so much to the community, but you certainly did...now, a few of my favorite strains have been acquired indirectly through you. Others, please emulate his example and continue to proliferate these wonderful genetics. I am seriously considering hitting the Madness with some CL-ONE, getting the fem pollen, and dusting my entire collection with it...Mad Atomic, Mad Big Kush, Mad GDP, etc...

Latest posts

Latest posts