What's new

*Samsons Summertime Smartpot Show*

jbarsk8

Hey Samson, thanks for the boxer/bong rip update bro!! I'm a fan of that style as well, dabs and boxer shorts are a good combo. lol Things are looking great can't wait to see more. I moved to the "lower" 48 from AK and have many friends in Oregon. Coos Bay...Eugene...Portland....beautiful for sure.

Lights series Azaleas I grow out front, Its basically a cross between an azalea and a rhododendron. Cool plant that does not need much light to make awesome blooms.

Nice!!! It's always good to add a little color. Here is a daylily farm my father in law owns that I retreat to when I'm in need of color.

talktosamson

Veteran
Update. S these are going to be what my three new beds look like. 4 feet wide by 16 feet long and 24" high. Make for total of 900 gallons of soil give or take total. Each will house three plants planted 5ish feet apart. I made themn with 40 peices of rebar, cheepo chicken wire from the co op and lots and lots of zip ties!! And of course smart pot fabric! Enjoy these pots, im going to attempt to build and fill the other two this weekend.

picture.php

This is what it looks like filled with new dank soil!

picture.php

picture.php

talktosamson

Veteran
Turned the soil over in my smart pots today. An old lady once told me you can carefully turn over 16" of soil without messing up the microbial life, so I did this today and watered everything thoroughly with water and liquid seaweed. Also added 1 lb of red wigglers per pot for natural earthwork castings!

picture.php

picture.php

Some beautiful blooms on my property. I did not plant these but thank you to whoever did!

picture.php

Last edited:

OrganicBuds

Veteran
I believe as long as you don't till, and just take shovel or handfuls, it won't effect the micro heard too much. No till is always best for the microbeasties, but I like to mix in my amendments by turning them in at the start of the season.

Sweet looking raised beds, you are going to need a tall ladder by the looks of things.

C

CheifnBud2

nice start. Ill be following this. Looking forward to checking out some monsters!

talktosamson

Veteran
I believe as long as you don't till, and just take shovel or handfuls, it won't effect the micro heard too much. No till is always best for the microbeasties, but I like to mix in my amendments by turning them in at the start of the season.

Sweet looking raised beds, you are going to need a tall ladder by the looks of things.

Yes, I believe this to be true, so I did a really careful job of turning it over today and adding the worms. Yea buddy! I'm growing primarily indica plants this year 10 Blue Magoo, which are super stout and wide, most will be grown in the beds to just make giant cubes of blue magoo. But yea my trainwrecks and grape gods will go 10 feet not counting the pot easy, we have a big orchard ladder to climb up there. Mrs. Samson does a really good job of keeping these ladies in check and netted down during the summer months.

jealous
big buds here soon, awesome work

you've been a busy farmer. beds look great, rock on..
peace mogrow

nice start. Ill be following this. Looking forward to checking out some monsters!

Thanks for stopping by fellas! Yup lots of hard work, we started amending in January some time, so really only one month off. I love what I do though so Im not complaining!:dance013:

talktosamson

Veteran
I love the beds bro, cant wait to see some massive Blue Magoo's fill em! :tree: Much love man, SL

Agreed my friend, I love that strain, I have 10 in 3 gallon pots getting huge to go outside in a little over three weeks! That bed I just built with 900 pluss gallons of new soil will house my three biggest blue magoo...its going to fucking crush all who opposes it lol

talktosamson

Veteran
sure the paradise seeds sweet purple is gonna be strong enough meds? always heard it was weak, but then I've never seen it done under the full sun by a master:) rock on Samson..
i'm a lurkin.

Ive grown this strain once before. In veg some have more purple to their stem and those seemed to be the ones with the most resin content last time. I popped a 5 pack and kept the 2 best ones for this summer. They are super duper producers of grape purpleness which I have an affinity for. I always like to have a few good seeds in the garden.

talktosamson

Veteran
Bed #2 Constructed and Built

Bed #2 Constructed and Built

4.5 Feet Wide by 16 feet Long

picture.php

picture.php

Bed Full of Soil and chicken manure

picture.php

I always top dress my soil, new or recycled with a few bags of that manure. Shit is dank and causes vigorous growth in my past experiences.

talktosamson

Veteran
Lookin good Samson ! Am really liking the smart pot bed idea

Thanks and thank you for stopping by! My friend did this last year with much success, and its cost effective as well. I think a single 300/400 gallon smart pot is $70 bucks and I made the whole bed for around $100

talktosamson

Veteran
LIGGGHHHT DEP!!

LIGGGHHHT DEP!!

Well folks, things have been kicking around here. Got the greenhouse, up the plants re potted and in their new home. I think mid next week the tarp will start being pulled. Total of 10 plants in the light dep house, kind of the leftovers and some things I left for this project.

3- White Urkel Feminised seeds
2-Skywalker OG Kush
1-NL x BB
3- Dinafem Diesel (my select pheno)
1-Critical Plus

Soil is a mix of Black gold organic, Happy frog and some guanos I added into the mix, most are in 20-25 gallon grow bags. Yeild pots I think these are called....

House 12x7x7

picture.php

Inside the house

picture.php

White Urk #1

picture.php

White Urk #2

picture.php

The plants ended up being a little, or a lot bigger than I thought they would be at this point. But in my experience they dont stretch that much when you flip them in light dep, so I wanted them a little lanky. Mrs. Samson is going to thin everyone out this week in preparation for flip.

Latest posts

Latest posts