What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SamS Seeds

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Not holding my breath now,,, must have stored them badly,, had to move them multiple times,, never put them in a fridge,, bit gutted but definitely my own fault as all different seeds didn't germ,, I'm probably lucky to get 4 up

ULMW

Greetings EnglishRick and fellow Pre 2001 Amsterdam Strain enthusiasts..I pray this finds you and your gardens well and full of life. I have a love of Haze and so went thru Ace Seeds. Dubi kindly has provided essential research and development for all to enjoy with his strains. Have you tried the Old Timers Haze ? Or the Haze x KaliChina Ace offers. There are phenos within each line that will absolutely land you your keeper. Dubi also recently has been working with Both A5 and Nevils Haze lines and has been kind enough to allow some of us to test them too. The English Cut ran some of tge A5 X Malawi and many others have too. I think Beanz has a post and there are loads of posts on it. Karma has been blessed to bring the A5 Clone back into the breeders circle and so its return to the sceene.
I have grown the O.Haze x Sk1 and found it as a wonderful example of yester-year herb strains I grew up loving.
P..O.G. Backcross from SamS was a really great classic Amsterdam of the 90s aroma , taste and effect. Cloned well and my bredrin is still running her as a keeper after a year , coz it is so nice.
I grew the White Rhino from SamS and did not lfind my TKO pheno just yet but am confident it is in there.
With Hazes it is well reported that to get the expression you are looking for outcrossing would be recommended as it allows the transferal of such traits and then they could be back crossed or isolated by breeding down the line to find your exact keeper. It just requires a good sized poulation and patience.Time will tell but I do believe that the good strains are all still around. Just awaiting to be rediscovered and enjoyed once more. Happy growing!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I need to get more Sam seeds and go again,,, im not taking this lying down,,, i need my imagination haze

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone know who Sam asked to produce them seeds?

He must be a highly trusted individual,,

Are the clones restricted?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The 4 that popped up look good,, i got 1 haze,, let's hope it's a decent female,, the pog smells of bubblegum sk

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm about to crack some sugar haze I've had in the box for ages,,,,, hoping it will stop the need for more sam seeds

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greetings EnglishRick and fellow Pre 2001 Amsterdam Strain enthusiasts..I pray this finds you and your gardens well and full of life. I have a love of Haze and so went thru Ace Seeds. Dubi kindly has provided essential research and development for all to enjoy with his strains. Have you tried the Old Timers Haze ? Or the Haze x KaliChina Ace offers. There are phenos within each line that will absolutely land you your keeper. Dubi also recently has been working with Both A5 and Nevils Haze lines and has been kind enough to allow some of us to test them too. The English Cut ran some of tge A5 X Malawi and many others have too. I think Beanz has a post and there are loads of posts on it. Karma has been blessed to bring the A5 Clone back into the breeders circle and so its return to the sceene.
I have grown the O.Haze x Sk1 and found it as a wonderful example of yester-year herb strains I grew up loving.
P..O.G. Backcross from SamS was a really great classic Amsterdam of the 90s aroma , taste and effect. Cloned well and my bredrin is still running her as a keeper after a year , coz it is so nice.
I grew the White Rhino from SamS and did not lfind my TKO pheno just yet but am confident it is in there.
With Hazes it is well reported that to get the expression you are looking for outcrossing would be recommended as it allows the transferal of such traits and then they could be back crossed or isolated by breeding down the line to find your exact keeper. It just requires a good sized poulation and patience.Time will tell but I do believe that the good strains are all still around. Just awaiting to be rediscovered and enjoyed once more. Happy growing!

Yeh,,, A5 and C5 are pretty much exactly what I'm looking for,, or something like a greenhouse damstraat special menu edition,, the shit they write on in 🖋 pen,,, i remember canalope haze from greenhouse (pre dna genetics canalope haze),, that 25 guilder a gram weed is still some of the best haze I've ever had

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rick I was looking for tags & stuff for my project & came across some kit for breeders to test sugar content & various things whilst breeding.. I found some liquid used for priming seeds & then storing them for germination. It has everything that you need for old seeds to become viable & it's professionally prepared.. Almost sounded too good to be true so I hope to get it in the post before I plant in the spring.. There are a few types about if you look..

picture.php

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rick I was looking for tags & stuff for my project & came across some kit for breeders to test sugar content & various things whilst breeding.. I found some liquid used for priming seeds & then storing them for germination. It has everything that you need for old seeds to become viable & it's professionally prepared.. Almost sounded too good to be true so I hope to get it in the post before I plant in the spring.. There are a few types about if you look..

View Image

Could you mention which liquid it was?

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's a gel the stuff I was thinking of, there's are a few treatments listed in the image Guy

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
One method is to use peroxide for oxygen... sterilize... Then a mild sugar water solution after... Oxygen and sugar providing everything a seed is going to try to use, and create starting out....

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All I can say for sure is that hormopriming or use of GA3 is a waste of time as it's only used to break dormancy & invoke germination in species that have acute thermo dormancy which cannabis doesn't have. Thus it elongates the shoots & prevents good viability changes the phenotypes & changes plant physiology. The other options are more suitable including activating (SAR) so to prevent bacteria & other pathogens attacking the radicle. A combination of Bio Osmo & Hydro are optimal. Priming with (JA) Jasmonic acid can defend against herbivory :) Here is a liquid for covercrop.. Ideal for hydroseeding

https://www.ruralliquidfertilisers.com/products/interceptor-xs/

Getting old seeds primed & stable & into Agar as soon as they are @ 70% might be the best option..

Some of my 1st posts on IC are about the seed biology place. They can tell you more..

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only seeds that survived were 1x haze5,, 3x pot of gold,, 1 rhino

Il flower them out soon and see if they are any good in terms of 90s classic and keepers

rexamus616

Veteran
good luck with flowering, Rick.

sorry to hear about ya losses.... i lost my ancestral skunk and most of the thunks i had....

still got one thunk girl goin tho... smells like mango skin and hash... makes eveything brighter coloured and -hilarious-.

:tiphat:

GoatCheese

Veteran
The only seeds that survived were 1x haze5,, 3x pot of gold,, 1 rhino

Il flower them out soon and see if they are any good in terms of 90s classic and keepers
Poor germrates are always abummer, esp. if you were excited to grow them out. Few months ago i was excited to grow seeds from my own cross to start a little project, but cause the mother was little heat stressed when she was making those seeds i only got 8 seeds out of 200+ seeds to germinate Thankfully i still had some of the original pollen in the freezer (it's about 8- 10 years old, i think) and i just pollinated the same mother yesterday. Atleast 500 seeds would be cool but let's see how it goes..

..anyway.

Show us some veg pictures of the plants once they grow abit, Rick.

Laters.:)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know they look a little rough,, but a quick repot and some stims will make it a different story in a matter of a week

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Poor germrates are always abummer, esp. if you were excited to grow them out. Few months ago i was excited to grow seeds from my own cross to start a little project, but cause the mother was little heat stressed when she was making those seeds i only got 8 seeds out of 200+ seeds to germinate Thankfully i still had some of the original pollen in the freezer (it's about 8- 10 years old, i think) and i just pollinated the same mother yesterday. Atleast 500 seeds would be cool but let's see how it goes..

..anyway.

Show us some veg pictures of the plants once they grow abit, Rick.

Laters.:)

It wasn't bad germ rates,,, my girlfriend put them onto of my old playstation that we use for Netflix upstairs,, cooked is what they were,, unfortunately

I asked Sam to point me in the right direction for more,, just waiting for a response,,

Latest posts

Latest posts