What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sam’s Ancestral Skunk

linde

If they're not sprouting forget about them. They're bird seed. I did that with some original real DJ Shorts blueberry many yrs ago. Had some other strains I was working on and shoved them on the back burner. By the time I wanted to work with them they wouldn't sprout. Made me sick to my stomach. If you've got a good strain folks dont let them go longer than 3 yrs without reseeding them and freshening up the genetics. 10 yrs old seeds sprouting ...bullshit. 3 yrs max to have a good strong sprout.

TheDarkStorm

Redrum92

If they're not sprouting forget about them. They're bird seed. I did that with some original real DJ Shorts blueberry many yrs ago. Had some other strains I was working on and shoved them on the back burner. By the time I wanted to work with them they wouldn't sprout. Made me sick to my stomach. If you've got a good strain folks dont let them go longer than 3 yrs without reseeding them and freshening up the genetics. 10 yrs old seeds sprouting ...bullshit. 3 yrs max to have a good strong sprout.

It's unfortunate you lost your seeds, but most people would consider 10 years barely old. Certainly far from impossible, but all depends on storage and germ methods

linde

It's unfortunate you lost your seeds, but most people would consider 10 years barely old. Certainly far from impossible, but all depends on storage and germ methods
Won't have enough energy to push thru the soil at 10 yrs. Then you'll have to shuck the outer shell off and hope it doesn't fall over dead. Then if it does survive it will most likely be mutated and absolutely no vigour. Been there done that dont have time for that shit. And who's to say the seeds were even worth a darn to begin with. Definitely go for it if you've got time to burn.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Won't have enough energy to push thru the soil at 10 yrs. Then you'll have to shuck the outer shell off and hope it doesn't fall over dead. Then if it does survive it will most likely be mutated and absolutely no vigour. Been there done that dont have time for that shit. And who's to say the seeds were even worth a darn to begin with. Definitely go for it if you've got time to burn.
10 year old seeds stored properly should sprout and grow just fine. I pull 10 year old seeds out and germ/grow them all the time.

I am going to do a seed increase on these skunks for y'all's.

Mithridate

10 years is still pretty new hah
heres a skunk from 1993 seed stock

Attachments

• Skunk37.jpg
    Skunk37.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 130

spitz

Well I'll be damned - I finally got one of these to sprout!

I've tried numerous methods that have worked for me in the past - cracked the seed, soaked in h202/water, plain water, planted in composted worm castings, kelp extract, paper towel... nothing. A few cracked open, but all quickly died. The one seed that has been successful was simply planted in pro-mix HP at the beginning, and left undisturbed for 6 weeks! Sometimes less is more. I have about 30 more seeds now planted in sterile pro-mix, and will be monitoring for activity throughout the upcoming weeks.

Anyone else have any luck popping these relics?

Edited to ad pic:

IMG_0130.jpeg

Last edited:

Miraculous Meds

Well I'll be damned - I finally got one of these to sprout!

I've tried numerous methods that have worked for me in the past - cracked the seed, soaked in h202/water, plain water, planted in composted worm castings, kelp extract, paper towel... nothing. A few cracked open, but all quickly died. The one seed that has been successful was simply planted in pro-mix HP at the beginning, and left undisturbed for 6 weeks! Sometimes less is more. I have about 30 more seeds now planted in sterile pro-mix, and will be monitoring for activity throughout the upcoming weeks.

Anyone else have any luck popping these relics?

Edited to ad pic:

View attachment 18878371
Yep, probably about 150 germinated out of 1000. About 30 actually made it to maturity.

soopy

Veteran
These were tested out at my partners spot where he pulled the room around day 63. They needed 10 to 20 more days. I'm running them from clone now and making regs and male s1 if they pan out. 3 months and I will let ya know.
Good shit man….the clone run(s) are where it’s at anyway…..cool, best vibes and wishes on your grow…I’m interested to hear your opinions on the results.

Latest posts

Latest posts