What's new

Sammy's Chinese COB-FEST

420ish

Im currently running 2x 185 HLG C1400A's on 4x 6500K, 4x 3500K
On ebay 100w chips
i bought the chinese 100 watt chips to try my first build.it was easy.i have now built 12 4 cob cree cxb 3590 lights running a little over 210 watts at the wall.the cxb lights put out an easy double the light compared to the chinese 100 watt chips with the same 50 watt driver.
the first 4 lights i built used the same 50 watt drivers that i built my chinese light with.
now the last 8 have the same meanwell 1400 drivers you are using.
either cxb light with which ever driver i used look about the same but the chinese cobs pale compared to them.the price on the cxb's have dropped or try vero 29 if you want a slightly cheaper good chip.
happy growing!

Joint Lock

i bought the chinese 100 watt chips to try my first build.it was easy.i have now built 12 4 cob cree cxb 3590 lights running a little over 210 watts at the wall.the cxb lights put out an easy double the light compared to the chinese 100 watt chips with the same 50 watt driver.
the first 4 lights i built used the same 50 watt drivers that i built my chinese light with.
now the last 8 have the same meanwell 1400 drivers you are using.
either cxb light with which ever driver i used look about the same but the chinese cobs pale compared to them.the price on the cxb's have dropped or try vero 29 if you want a slightly cheaper good chip.
happy growing!

Never built anything before LED wise . Baught meanwells and Cheap chips incase I failed . ill also be going CXB's in the future . I run 185/HLG/C1400A's

Safe Gardener

Great thread guys. This is all the info I could have asked for, except for the fact that I did not knowing this thread was already here.

Thanks for all the testing and explanation guys.

Latest posts

Latest posts