What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Same issue effecting different strains and different runs.

mellofello

So I had this issue first with the last run of finished. The strain was dulce de uva and my first run with her.

The issue started with one plant in the corner but soon spread to all 9 plants. I thought it was an over watering issue but letting them dry out didn't seem to do much if anything to resolve the issue.

I had given my friend some of thr same cuts, he had the same issue but it also effected a couple of pma to of another strain he had in the same tent.

Now on my next run in a different tent and a different strain the same issue is showing again. This time it started in the middle plant but is now showing small signs on all plants. I do not believe over watering is the issue this time as I've been extra careful.

The issue has in all cases mot shown till mid week 5 of flower.

In 2 days the issue progressed from this....
20240419_111915.jpg
20240419_112247.jpg

To this
20240421_153723.jpg

Other steps I've taken to try to resolve this include:

- reducing circulating fan speeds
- reducing light, using LED which was on full whack (720w) but has been brought down to 400w
- Fresh nutrient solution and flushing the pots with it.
-allowing pots to dry out and then only giving small amounts of feed.

I'm growing in coco using hydrocrop salt nutrients.

I have another tent which is also At the same stage and is being fed fron the same nutrient tank. That tent has multiple different strain which are all thriving, this includes a single cut of the same strain that is having the issue.

I really am stumped as to what toher steps to take and what the cause could be.

Attachments

• 20240419_111909.jpg
    20240419_111909.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16

mellofello

Definitely some thrips there on these. This strain seems like a magmet for them.

The other effected strains have shown no sign of thrips

Rastafarout

Premium user
The way you describe the spreading is like thrips too , you going to need to get on top of one thing at at time , kill the thrips first

PadawanWarrior

So I had this issue first with the last run of finished. The strain was dulce de uva and my first run with her.

The issue started with one plant in the corner but soon spread to all 9 plants. I thought it was an over watering issue but letting them dry out didn't seem to do much if anything to resolve the issue.

I had given my friend some of thr same cuts, he had the same issue but it also effected a couple of pma to of another strain he had in the same tent.

Now on my next run in a different tent and a different strain the same issue is showing again. This time it started in the middle plant but is now showing small signs on all plants. I do not believe over watering is the issue this time as I've been extra careful.

The issue has in all cases mot shown till mid week 5 of flower.

In 2 days the issue progressed from this....
View attachment 18991069 View attachment 18991068

To this
View attachment 18991067

Other steps I've taken to try to resolve this include:

- reducing circulating fan speeds
- reducing light, using LED which was on full whack (720w) but has been brought down to 400w
- Fresh nutrient solution and flushing the pots with it.
-allowing pots to dry out and then only giving small amounts of feed.

I'm growing in coco using hydrocrop salt nutrients.

I have another tent which is also At the same stage and is being fed fron the same nutrient tank. That tent has multiple different strain which are all thriving, this includes a single cut of the same strain that is having the issue.

I really am stumped as to what toher steps to take and what the cause could be.
You have thrips and you've burnt the hell out of those plants. Usually you don't want coco to dry out. When the coco dries the nutrient concentration goes up. Thrips are easy to get rid of with some Spinosad.

mellofello

What kind of burnt do you mean? Nutrient burn?

No normally I wouldn't want the coco to dry as much as I did but I didn't let them go as far as wilting. Over watering was the issue others had suggested it was previously so I was trying to resolve that. When the issue occurred that had not been let to dry out and were being watered daily.

I've already reduced the nutrient strength by 25% but perhaps I'm seeing the effects from the previous higher strength feed?

As for the thrips I have predator mites coming in the next few days which i hope will help but I'm not inclined to spray onto the buds for the risk of mold and also because spinosad hasn't be verified as safe when it's been sprayed on the flowers.

Obviously the thrips are less than ideal but as the previous plants with this issue did not show any signs of thrips right to the end I do not think they are connected.

The main connection I have observed so far is that it starts about half way theough week 5. At week 5 they have been fed the same nutrient ratios at the same strength for atleast 10 - 14 days.

The only other connection is that both of these strains were sent to me as cuttings from the same person

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
What kind of water are you starting with? What is the pH and ppm of the starting water friend? It looks like a water problem but not from over-watering.

exoticrobotic

Looks like you are feeding them too much from the small dark green leaves but you def got a thrip or mite infestation too from the leaf stippling.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
You have a serious case of Spidermites and thrips.

From letting the coco dry to plant wilt the pH has gone bonkers and you have a Mg issue.

I would shut down, clean and start fresh making sure to provide regular watering of pH corrected nutrient.

OleReynard

It's a nute situation had the same shit earlier this year. Too much along with light too strong
There were no bugs on these.