What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sam_Skunkman's dry sift method

Yes I would like to perfect the method before I release the info.
Maybe I will make or license a device.
Maybe I will patent the device.
I am not so worried about someone making a copy of my device and using it at home. But I do want to be able to stop commercial use and sale of copies
of my device. I do not want someone making cheap knock-offs after I spend years to make the first one.

I also prefer aged resin. I like to dry and cure the plants for 6 months before I make resin. It is much better.
Water made hash and dry sifted hash from the same clone will both give hash that can be 50% THC by weight. The dry sift of the same THC% will be better because it has more terpenoids. This is a fact. But just because dry sift is a bit better does not mean that water sifting has no use. First of all most dry sift made is not as strong in THC as most water sifted resin made. This is because people do not know how to make the best dry sift. Second of all, the yield of water sifting can be 10-15% with my dry sifting it is 1%. So that will discourage a lot of people who care more about quantity then quality.
I also agree that water hash is more like pure alcohol, you will not find that wine connoisseurs that spike their chablis with pure alcohol to make it better. The best water hash is often made from varieties that keep more of their taste through the water process.

Chamba,
It is the method not the clone, but a better clone can give better results. And I do not take my dry sift out once a year to impress others. This is what I smoke every day, and have done so for over 10 years. People are around once a year.

-SamS

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

He won't say, but he did say he made the 50% so i believe it is. I am glad that DSW gave a method. I was asked to keep the secret back then because Ams, was all about having the exclusive, and i'm sure still is, so you had to go to a certain shop to get what you want. Now I think it is for selfish egotistical reasons. Work with the screens, maybe someone will figure it out from the discussion here. Or maybe if someone I will just say screw it and tell.

Electrostatically purified trichome heads; silk screen frame with 45-120 micron screen (depending on strain) moved across strips of plexi glass in a low humidity, low temperature environment to remove all impurities via electrostatic purification similar to the way in which mineral ores are industrially purified & separated. :biggrin:

1ove

L

Luther Burbank

Sam, I've seen you mention using cured six-month old flowers for your dry sift. I've a question though - what difference could there be curing the resin on the leaf or off the leaf? It seems to me if you're making a high-quality hash with little plant contaminant that leaving the buds to cure for several months should have little impact on the trichomes. Other than perhaps making it easier to dislodge them? But then it seems you're also going to get more plant matter from older bud.

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
Are all the turpenes/etc only in the "tall" trichomes? or do the turpenes/etc exist also in "shorter" resin glands/etc?

mack 10

Veteran
No, tric's have to be over 50 microns to give terps

edit; was a joke if you didnt realise..

T

TheForgotten

Sam's not gonna like this, but i'm not harassing him, i just wanna learn to have the best smoke.... wether that be by breeding it, growing it, or processing it.... :biggrin:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Nope. It's a huge secret.

This thread certainly wasn't started with the intention to grab money....

:jerkit:

Sam's been greedy since he sold out decades ago.

If it was meant for the people it would be in a sticky here.

T

TheForgotten

You know, i can't help but think, maybe your attitude is why he doesn't want to share one of his best trade secrets....

People abuse him to a ridiculous extent, slandering and speaking down to him. I get that this is the internet, and a lot of people don't act like they would in person, but that shouldn't stop people from thinking for themselves....
How many of the people talking shit about Sam actually have first-hand knowledge of him doing wrong, versus a bunch of internet dorks repeating shit that came to them second or even third-hand? Or worse, trash that they read online....

He's posted in other threads that he doesn't want to participate because it's no longer fun, and i don't blame him....

Mr. J

The big secret is a piece of parchment paper wrapped around a DVD case. Super advanced stuff. I wonder if he got his patent on the process, lol.

Cvh

Supermod
Here is a simple design for an industrial electrostatic drum separator.
picture.php

Home design unit:
picture.php

This device works through the corana discharge principle. Please read the wikipedia page for more info.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Electrostatic_separator
Corana discharge:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corona_discharge

Video: Operational industrial sized electrostatic (multiple) drum separator:
(This industrial size unit has several electrostatic drums to maximize the purity of end product, watch until the end of video to see the additional drums).
[YOUTUBEIF]8MNMccskQjE[/YOUTUBEIF]

T

TheForgotten

Do you guys mean just this thread?
Cause he was answering questions in another thread the other day.

If you ask him a reasonable question, he answers, in threads or PM, the guy gives everyone a chance....

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
You know, i can't help but think, maybe your attitude is why he doesn't want to share one of his best trade secrets....

People abuse him to a ridiculous extent, slandering and speaking down to him. I get that this is the internet, and a lot of people don't act like they would in person, but that shouldn't stop people from thinking for themselves....
How many of the people talking shit about Sam actually have first-hand knowledge of him doing wrong, versus a bunch of internet dorks repeating shit that came to them second or even third-hand? Or worse, trash that they read online....

He's posted in other threads that he doesn't want to participate because it's no longer fun, and i don't blame him....

I do.

He doesn't have fun anymore because he's just in it for the money now.

Have you ever noticed that as you age your dick shrinks and your ears keep growing?

That's nature's way of telling you to quit fucking around and listen up.

Life is short.

Try not to be a dick.

T

TheForgotten

I laughed so hard i accidently hit the pos rep button.... :biggrin:

Is this hate just for Sam, or is there a list? Show me where the bad men touched you....

How's the view from up there? I'd ask somebody else but apparrently it's a view only you enjoy....

Anyway, i thought that humor might get you to lighten up a bit, go for a walk, take a breath, there are other outlets besides interspace....