What's new

Sam_Skunkman's dry sift method

Green Supreme

Veteran
So you are willing to admit breaking bud is bad, but for some reason breaking by shaking is ok. I do get it is one of the ways to do the least damage. Just wondering if you are now saying, shaking does no damage on the microscopic level YOU have been speaking of.

Easier to mock me than explain your logic, right? Peace GS

So you are willing to admit breaking bud is bad, but for some reason breaking by shaking is ok. I do get it is one of the ways to do the least damage. Just wondering if you are now saying, shaking does no damage on the microscopic level YOU have been speaking of.

Easier to mock me than explain your logic, right? Peace GS
Whoa, what?

Where did I say 'breaking by shaking' is ok? I have said all along that any type of tumbler/carding/shaking/etc. is bad..

Yes, shaking anything is a step backwards.

I'm not mocking you.. wtf you talkin' about? Lol

Green Supreme

Veteran
You quoted me then go off about making hash for 20 years...

Apologies I must admit that after all your insults and unwillingness to share, after chastising others for such. I have skipped past a lot of things you have written. I am here for info. When there might be some I look in. Peace GS

EsterEssence

Veteran
DSW I posted a pic of a piece, see the color and how it melts. My tumbler is a 55 gallon drum. There is no way you could come close to running as much trim as i do a year without a tumbler. My camera batt is charging, I post some more pics soon.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Drysiftwizard, you came here bitching about sams process and how he is trying to monetize it and how much cheaper, easier your process is, but refuse to explain your process. Seriously every post of yours has been a fucking waste of space in this thread.

Dude move the fuck on, disrespecting senior members is not how we do shit around here. You want to show everyone how superior your method is than show us, don't come boast about it like a fucking darsh and reveal nothing.

:thank you::moon:

Drysiftwizard, you came here bitching about sams process and how he is trying to monetize it and how much cheaper, easier your process is, but refuse to explain your process. Seriously every post of yours has been a fucking waste of space in this thread.

Dude move the fuck on, disrespecting senior members is not how we do shit around here. You want to show everyone how superior your method is than show us, don't come boast about it like a fucking darsh and reveal nothing.

Clearly you haven't been reading the other threads, because you're the only one who hasn't moved on, and i've got people in the right direction from a few things i've said in other threads.

Remove head from anus.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I'm not. I'm pointing out that $400 for something I can do for almost FREE is a joke. Sure, you can run it for 2 mins.. then 2 more.. then 10... and what? End up with 2 tiny bits of good stuff and a boat load of crap? Yeah, no thanks.

I can assure you, we're doing it differently.

Everyone should be using dry trim.. not just me.

you are making it sound like there is unlimited amounts of trichome heads to be harvested. the tumbler as far as i've seen allows you to get through more trim then hand shaking in a frame and it ends up harvesting pretty much all the viable content. so i'm having a hard time understanding how you can say doing it by hand is easier and quicker. what size batches can you work with your system? so you telling us that you will get more ultra clean stuff from your hand made method from the same trim as someone working the tumbler carefully, using same trim?

this discussion really makes me want to experimenting with dry sifting instead of always making my bubble hash.

61lpi screen. no multi sifting. no machines. using 1 big screen. perfect dry trim. there is not much more needed, all it boils down to now is the right movement of the screen. maybe he pours the trim on screen then lifts each end of the screen enough to make the trim pour down the screen to the low end. then lift the other end, back and forth a few times. the strips are to extend the dges of the screen so no trim tumbles out of the screen when that end is lowered?

hehe, guessing is fun....

DSW I posted a pic of a piece, see the color and how it melts. My tumbler is a 55 gallon drum. There is no way you could come close to running as much trim as i do a year without a tumbler. My camera batt is charging, I post some more pics soon.

55 gal haha.. please post pictures. That's awesome.

I didn't say I ran as much trim as you. Did I? I don't even know who you are.

Plenty of nice pressed hash out there. It's just not as impressive as seeing it done loose.. I know you do, but we have no pics, unfortunately.

you are making it sound like there is unlimited amounts of trichome heads to be harvested. the tumbler as far as i've seen allows you to get through more trim then hand shaking in a frame and it ends up harvesting pretty much all the viable content.

I am just not a fan of the method, as i've seen little to support them working well. Seen a couple pictures of stuff that melted.. everything else stunk.. it produced non-melty commercial grade stuff for the most part. Do some people have better trim to put inside the thing? Yes. Do some people get better results? Yes. But it does not work for *everyone*, not even close.. and $400 is LOT to drop for something that barely works unless you're dealing with super premium product from the get go. Can you refine it? Sure.. pain in the ass. Why did you get a tumbler then? Buy screens.

so i'm having a hard time understanding how you can say doing it by hand is easier and quicker. what size batches can you work with your system? so you telling us that you will get more ultra clean stuff from your hand made method from the same trim as someone working the tumbler carefully, using same trim?

Almost a guarantee. And to test this, I used something I was gonna blast today, just to see what would happen.. I have never done this, so I was extremely curious what would happen.. i'll explain at the end of the post in a minute...

this discussion really makes me want to experimenting with dry sifting instead of always making my bubble hash.

You should. It's fun. And the taste absolutely cannot be beat.

61lpi screen. no multi sifting. no machines. using 1 big screen. perfect dry trim. there is not much more needed, all it boils down to now is the right movement of the screen.

There's a lot more to it than that.. I assure you. But it's still easy. You're still in the mindframe of everyone else, doing that one thing you shouldn't be. And everyone does it.

maybe he pours the trim on screen then lifts each end of the screen enough to make the trim pour down the screen to the low end. then lift the other end, back and forth a few times. the strips are to extend the dges of the screen so no trim tumbles out of the screen when that end is lowered?

hehe, guessing is fun....

Nope, but you could certainly try that.. still kinda falls into the category of 'tumbling' I guess, though.. just a different twist on it.. try it?

Anyways, back to the thing above.. about what kind of product you have available to you, in order to make said product.

This is my first grade.. no sifting, no refining, no nothing, just poof... mind you I made this in my kitchen like.. an hour ago.. not in a walk in freezer or anything.. thermostat says ~75, I had a fire going earlier so it's a bit warm, but meh..

This is a ~30 second ish run

Now, it's not bad.. pretty good, right? At the very same time, this is being made on the other side..

Kinda gross, right? I thought this was supposed to melt, bla bla.. ok.. now here is that same stuff, carded through another screen for another 30 seconds..

I usually hate doing this, but you'll see why in a minute..

Not so bad, right? That's your 2nd grade. You really don't need to refine the 1st. But uhh... guess what I made this with?

Ready? *drumroll*

Seeds. Tons.. and tons.. of seeds. No trim, really.. there was a little bit, but it mostly looked like this.. very few 'whole' leaves to trim up ahead of time before I crushed this garbage up in order to give it a go. The process still held up pretty well..

I have made a few tweaks to it over the past year, but so far so good.

I wouldn't be too mad if I gave a thousands seeds to somebody and they gave me those quality sifts back in return.

Just a thought.......

EsterEssence

Veteran
Here are some pics. First one was made in nov 2011, third was made nov 2012

Attachments

• DSCN0964.jpg
    DSCN0964.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCN0965.jpg
    DSCN0965.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN0966.jpg
    DSCN0966.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 22

EsterEssence

Veteran
In the 90's I was living in Kathmandu and spending some time in Amsterdam, i met some friends of a friend that had a film can with some nearly white unpressed dry sift. He pulled out his sipsee and gave me a toke. I knew right then I needed to know how to make that. Over the course of a couple years we became friends and then I was sworn to keep the method to myself. He gave me a 43&77 and back to Nepal I went. After trying a couple different types of keif I made my first melt. I became very popular with the local crowd in KTM. Anyway i thought I would share a little history. Oh by the way back then we called it 50%, cause it tested at 47% thc...

In the 90's I was living in Kathmandu and spending some time in Amsterdam, i met some friends of a friend that had a film can with some nearly white unpressed dry sift. He pulled out his sipsee and gave me a toke. I knew right then I needed to know how to make that. Over the course of a couple years we became friends and then I was sworn to keep the method to myself. He gave me a 43&77 and back to Nepal I went. After trying a couple different types of keif I made my first melt. I became very popular with the local crowd in KTM. Anyway i thought I would share a little history. Oh by the way back then we called it 50%, cause it tested at 47% thc...

I'm pretty sure he told you something along the lines of what i'm doing.

And yeah.. nobody i've shown over the past decade has said a word to anyone else, either, that I know of.

That's why this still isn't all over the internet.

purple_man

Veteran
first of all, let me state those claims are becoming redundant ...

2nd, wtf is wrong with you dude??? are you the same guy, who is posting organic food on the mc dondalds fanpage???

3rd, ain't you got any friends or folks who you can tell tale this story for a change??? or you made a hobby out of trolling hasj producing forums???

4th is there any "semi attended" hasj thread you did not spam over the course of the last couple of weeks???

now zipp it please, unless you are willing to donate some $ to the server fund, so your and yours ramblings hosting gets payed as well??? (oh i forgot, let bubbleman pay for your ramblings ...)

blessss

soopy

Veteran
Right!?!? You, DSW, have got my little brain a turnin. I can't stop thinking about it. So it, most likely, is an old practice that is so fundamentally different that it wasn't even common knowledge in Nepal in the hash heydays? Dude......

To say I'm intrigued is an understatement. I'm about to have a shitload, relatively, of seeded super frosty kind bud to play with in a few weeks and am looking for an alternative to BHO. It's easy but I'd like to avoid the petros and combustibles if I can...

Is there a pivot of any kind? Is the screen somehow ontop of the material?

Right!?!? You, DSW, have got my little brain a turnin. I can't stop thinking about it. So it, most likely, is an old practice that is so fundamentally different that it wasn't even common knowledge in Nepal in the hash heydays? Dude......

To say I'm intrigued is an understatement. I'm about to have a shitload, relatively, of seeded super frosty kind bud to play with in a few weeks and am looking for an alternative to BHO. It's easy but I'd like to avoid the petros and combustibles if I can...

Is there a pivot of any kind? Is the screen somehow ontop of the material?

I'm not even sure what i'm doing is the same thing, though.. could be? That was a guess on my part, as I obviously do not know what the person Ester met used to make it.

You said you're in the North Bay? Send me a message if you possibly want to gtg.. maybe we can figure something out.

And nope.. not on top of the material ;)

mofeta

Veteran
I am back. I started to play but found your manner of presentation tiresome.

I also thought there was a significant chance that you had no method, and were just trying to stimulate brainstorming of a new technique.

Now that you have increased the info:puerile prattle ratio, it seems that you do have something worth finding out, and that it could be fun game finding out what it is. There is also a good chance that a of other useful ideas being put forth that have nothing to do with your method. I approve of the slow reveal, but you almost ruined it (still could, we will see) with your poor execution.

OK, question time. I have a number of them, but I'll keep it to one at a time for now to make it more fun.

Do you mount the screen(s) in a way that keeps it taut?

EsterEssence

Veteran
I go to a silkscreen shop and get some loose screen for my tumbler, and buy ready made screens for the clean up.

I am back. I started to play but found your manner of presentation tiresome.

I also thought there was a significant chance that you had no method, and were just trying to stimulate brainstorming of a new technique.

Now that you have increased the info:puerile prattle ratio, it seems that you do have something worth finding out, and that it could be fun game finding out what it is. There is also a good chance that a of other useful ideas being put forth that have nothing to do with your method. I approve of the slow reveal, but you almost ruined it (still could, we will see) with your poor execution.

OK, question time. I have a number of them, but I'll keep it to one at a time for now to make it more fun.

Do you mount the screen(s) in a way that keeps it taut?

I can't answer that.. because it's both. So.. sorta?

Latest posts

Latest posts