What's new

Safe From Garda?

merkaba

I was actually about to post a similar question....I don't actually live in Ireland, but have thought of moving there. What sort of rights do you guys have? Do you have to deal with hooligans to get rid of the herb? Are there certain areas that are more open (like the West coast of the US)? How much does herb cost there?

C

Cookie monster

Well my view on the situation is the police don't actively search for small scale grows like they do in other countries.

If your not known to the cops and they have no reason to have any dealings with you your family or friends and you live in a quite area then worry not, the guards are not going to come lookin unless they have a reason to.

With all these gangs shooting each other and importing real drugs a few plants is going to be low priority for them i'm sure.

Well my view on the situation is the police don't actively search for small scale grows like they do in other countries.

If your not known to the cops and they have no reason to have any dealings with you your family or friends and you live in a quite area then worry not, the guards are not going to come lookin unless they have a reason to.

With all these gangs shooting each other and importing real drugs a few plants is going to be low priority for them i'm sure.

. . well said cookie monster, i like it . .

DO NOT TELL ANYONE you grow in ireland..I had to leave because they would lock me up.. I got busted with 14grams of bud and they wanted to give me 6 months.. I could smash a glass in your face and walk free.. its a drinkers country.. fuck that for shit.. the cops in ireland are fools.. there are about 6000 cops on the job for over 4 million people.. ya right they have control.. they would not bother with heat cameras too much money.. and the ESB are happy to take your money.. I used to have bills of 800euro every 2 months.. pay the bills and its good..

DO NOT TELL ANYONE you grow in ireland..I had to leave because they would lock me up.. I got busted with 14grams of bud and they wanted to give me 6 months.. I could smash a glass in your face and walk free.. its a drinkers country.. fuck that for shit.. the cops in ireland are fools.. there are about 6000 cops on the job for over 4 million people.. ya right they have control.. they would not bother with heat cameras too much money.. and the ESB are happy to take your money.. I used to have bills of 800euro every 2 months.. pay the bills and its good..

. . well said mr devil, but what do you do when some mickey mouse gangster puts you in it, once your marked over there you have had it, especially if you know how to grow, & there has been some serious busts the last 2 years over there, jealousy is a bad thing among irish people, if your doing well some fucking clown would pick up the phone & ring the cops on you in two seconds with drink on him . . i've seen this loads of times . .

. . gorilla grows & a closed mouth is all you need in ireland & your laughing . .

B

bongoie

Get that insomnia documented , visit your doctor . Tell no one . and dont sell it , never ever , dont even give it away or admit to that . Don't have baggies or scales in the house either , make it easy on yourself in the unfortunate event

I read of people getting bust with small grows getting a fine and community service . with the medical user as reason in court .
Stay safe

Get that insomnia documented , visit your doctor . Tell no one . and dont sell it , never ever , dont even give it away or admit to that . Don't have baggies or scales in the house either , make it easy on yourself in the unfortunate event

I read of people getting bust with small grows getting a fine and community service . with the medical user as reason in court .
Stay safe

. . Me likes the insomnia part a lot, very good indeed . .

B

bongoie

Feel free to work away with that idea , cover your ass .
I get back pain have done for years now .
An i'm a nightmare to live with when i;m out / only messin

dannyboy

once you work with people you grew up with & keep your moth closed you'll be ok, the irish cops don't really care about people smoking weed, but if it's in their faces your history.

T

tonto

in the 5 months since i made this post, there have been loads of busts happening.
i guess some people realized money can grow on trees.

ResinKing

The title of this thread says it all.. ''Safe from Garda'' you are never safe from them , Never - no matter how clever you think you are !

The group thats getting caught by Guards the most is the ordinary man growing a few plants for himself in the attic or spare room !! Why ? Because he is showing his mates there progress and the enivatable downfall happens , a friend tells a friend and so on , before you know it , the wrong set of ears here it , a phonecall is made and your screwed..

You do not hear about these type of bust's because they are small but they are happening daily.

The cops love a easy bust , they cant resist it especially if your seen as a ''good citizen'' they will be in your door within a few days of hearing the '' tip off ''

And yes there is big grow ops being raided aswell , Donegal had house raided where 1200 plants were seized at the beginning of January..This could be due to loose lips , informers , phone taps or just Good Garda work.

They have special units set-up now that are working constantly on grow-ops , thats Garda officers who do nothing else except try and catch you the grower.

When you grow there is always a risk of being caught no matter how small or big you grow.So ask yourself what have you got to lose if your caught before you start , the penaltys might be small for a small grower but what about your reputation ? Presuming you have a good one maybe you want to keep it that way.

Alot of growers take pictures and video footage of there plants - you are just recording your own evidence that will be used against you in court if your raided. They will look through everything like that so be careful in everything you do , when you start to grow , no matter how small your offically a criminal..

Remind yourself of that

Tanoli Khan

I would say just be smart, and hide the smell. Dont attract any attention and your good to go.

Ironically Garda in Pakistan is a particular type of hash. :)

ResinKing

Yeah I seen that to , 70,000 euro compressor was seized in the shed to ! They reckon it was producing 250,000 euros worth every 2 months..Thats the 3rd big bust so far this year.

When Guards value the drugs the value it at its most ''broke down price'' so that 250,000 euro figure is 50 bags not wholesale , its prob 50,000 - 100,000 wholesale..

Things are changing in Ireland , loads of these busts are happening now , I wonder will the goverment wake up and realize when one is seized another one starts...

THIS IS ONE WAR THAT WILL NOT BE WON BY THE GOVERMENT AND THE GUARDS WHO ENFORCE IT !!!

People wanna smoke weed , so people will supply it ! PERIOD !

T

tonto

any one know what happened after the bust? also was the compressor just like a giant airstone/pump?

T

tonto

o joy vietnamese growers

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0509/drugs.html

Two arrested after Tallaght drugs seizure
Sunday, 9 May 2010
Two men have been arrested after drugs worth around €170,000 were seized tonight in Tallaght, Dublin.

The Vietnamese nationals, aged 18 and 24, were arrested following the search of a house in Virginia Heights at around 8.30pm.

A 'grow house' to cultivate cannabis plants was discovered upstairs. Cannabis herb with an estimated street value of €90,000 and cannabis plants worth around €80,000 were recovered.

The men are being held at Tallaght Garda Station.

C

Cookie monster

Yeah I read about that in the news today seems like just another vietnamese commercial grow.
Rent a house and hope to pull off crop or 2 before the idiots get busted, the usual story.

I really wish these gangs and our own home grown gangs would stay the hell away from gowing.
Us hobby growers dont need the extra attention, it wouldn't surprise me if one of those monkeys in leinster house got it into it's head that seeds being made illlegal will put a stop to these guys.