What's new

Safe Email

Strapped

Anyone have suggestions for an e-mail provider that doesn't have a cooperation agreement with leo, or a real privacy agreement? Something to remain as anonymous as possible? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

S

M

mugenbao

I've been useing HUSHMAIL... free.:tiphat:
I use Hushmail as well, and *only* connect to it via TorBrowser. As long as you watch what you write in your emails, they couldn't give leo anything useful even if they wanted to, which I've never heard of them doing in any case.

For that price (free) and level of convenience, I don't think you can do any better for secure private email.

ddrew

Veteran
I always went with hushmail and cyber-rights.net way back when I was up to no good online, and wanted my emails to be private.

This was years ago, so I don't know how safe they are now.

Strapped

Thanks for all the advice guys. areUkind, google and yahoo have agreements where all their user information (email records, user names and addresses, passwords) is essentially available for purchase to any LEO agency who cares to "investigate."

If you want to read it Yahoo's "Compliance guide for Law Enforcement" was pretty eye opening for me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aside from obvious privacy concerns what's to stop a corrupt leo from some other country from spending $10 a pop to steal people's virtual identities?

Latest posts

Latest posts