What's new

Sadly, i think weed has...

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
When i'm "always high" and "never come down", my head becomes very, VERY foggy, i can't think straight half the time, i forget things frequently, and my sex drive is decreased dramatically. not my ability, just the drive...like i dont WANT to go out and get laid as often as i normally would. I tested this by quitting smoking for 2 months solid - and guess what - all my negative symptoms went away, and i felt AMAZING.

Isn't it nice to have THE drug that you can safely regulate on your own?

Needless to say in the interim i tried Wellbutrin (antidepressant) to see if that helped me while i smoked. It made things worse...i felt like a fucking ZOMBIE.
AD - NOT a good drug to self-regulate. There are too many anti-dep drugs available to always get it right the first time. A doctor sometimes has to prescribe several anti-deps before positive effects are obtained while side-effects are minimized. Most of the time, the patient doesn't notice the effects of anti-deps but others around them DO. It would also be a good idea to tell your physician you're smoking massive amounts of weed before you're considered for medication as strong as anti-deps. If you took the Welbutrin on your own, stopped it on your own or both you're playing with fire and your physiological health.

It's fucked up though. I know for a fact the amount of weed i'm ingesting is directly causing these symptoms in me, but i love it so much. I love doing anything high, it makes work fly by (and i have a very stressful job)...and without it...it's like i'm lost. But i have to weigh the pros/cons...do i want these depression symptoms, or do i want to be normal again?
Let's see, what's the word....oh yeah, moderation.

Those of you who smoke regularly and feel the same way (or think you may be depressed or have a lot of anxiety) - before you try medication or anything else, quit smoking for at LEAST 2 weeks, if not a month or 2. The first week-week and a half is almost detox, and you won't sleep/have nightmares/be very irritable. After that though, seriously, you feel like a million bucks.
High stress may counter physical exertions ability to make the mind feel that the body needs sleep. A long stressful day at the office behind a desk added to an evening of blazing doesn't leave much room for physical exertion. If your occupation doesn't include enough physical exertion to make you tired at bed time, a regular work out does the trick IMO. It also seems to relieve the stresses encountered on a daily basis. As far as stress relief measures go, exercise is second only to mj in my case.

Intake management is not always easy and I admire your ability to quit on a semi-regular basis. I hope you continue to feel better and hope future sessions create less negative effects. I experience wild dreams myself when system THC wanes, no more nightmares than usual though (which isn't very often.) Some doctors think nightmares are a result of the sub conscience dealing with anxiety caused by conscience conflict. Some conflicts in our lives are recognized and managed. Others are mismanaged, unrecognized or ignored. Your conflict might be work/stress related. Free weights and a body bag are like medicine for workplace stress/assholes! Instead of stressing from wanting to snap the pencil neck you're dealing with, try punching the bag for a few minutes. It beats the hell out of running, no pun intended. MJ or no mj, you'll sleep like a baby.

T

TroubleGuy

I smoked a ton yesterday, more than I have in a long time, and I feel like shit today. Physicially I feel fine but mentally, it's like my mind is punishing me for getting so baked. Usually I feel like this after getting drunk, but I only had 3 beers last night, barely enough to catch a buzz.

I used to smoke heavily, every day, and my memory (and mental health, and relationship = ended) suffered because of it. It's getting better but still isn't great. My moods are stable enough I guess, most of the time I'm just bored and content with it, other days (like today) I keep finding myself thinking about things I try to forget from a year+ ago that I keep thinking I'm over, then I catch myself waking up thinking about it, thinking about it before I go to sleep, thinking about it at random times throughout the day either for no reason at all or because something triggered the memory. Bro, depression sucks, and anxiety makes depression worse, and if you're feeling depressed/anxiety problems and think it's because of smoking pot, maybe you should stop smoking for awhile. Whatever you do, use strict moderation... Your mental health is much more important than getting high.

Everyone's got their demons bro, just do what you need to do to make yourself alright...

Linenoise

We should all keep in mind that weed affects us all differently. In my case, the biggest negative from smoking everyday is that I have noticed an appreciable loss in short term memory. I will sometimes get up from my desk and go into the kitchen for something, when I get to the kitchen I forget why I went in there.(atleast over the last 3 years or so; been an everyday smoker for roughly 20 years) Usually if I take a minute to think I can remember what the reason was, but every so often I don't. :)

As for sex drive, when I smoke pot it dramatically increases my sex drive, almost as bad as when I used to get drunk, of course I still have my wits about myself so I do not act like a buffoon like I might when drunk.

Regarding depression, smoking definitely decreases any depression, whereas when I used to get drunk the next day I would usually feel very down for no apparent reason (it's also the main reason I quit drinking).

Like I said, it affects us all differently. If pot is giving you more bad effects than good you should reconsider your smoking routines. :)

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
GReat thread! K+ for starting it!

I know where you are coming from, my friend. Managing depression is a real task for me when it comes to marijuana so I have to keep the anti-depressants flowing so that I maintain, but even that is spotty.

Here's to hoping that everyone who suffers from chronic depression finds their way home, safe, sound and happy. Love to all of yous...

I

inthelight

overuse

overuse

When I first found the thrill of getting baked I went totally overboard every chance there was I was getting ripped out of my gord. Then I soon felt less and less high everytime I smoked no matter how good or how much I used. Then it just wasnt fun because it didnt do anything anymore so I quit for awhile. It's never the same as the first while of getting really high that sucks. Now I know breaks are essential even tho I smoke daily, I always wait until after 5pm and its usually never more then two loads of the vaporizer. Often I skip a day or two on the weekend. This really helps to keep that good ripped feeling when you start puffin away.

Styles P

to much of anything is bad. thats why i limit myself to once a day. which also saves tons of money and decreases tolerance i can get high off .3.

to much of anything is bad. thats why i limit myself to once a day. which also saves tons of money and decreases tolerance i can get high off .3.
That's just what I was going to post. lol

There is a such thing as abuse with EVERYTHING. Including water.

I have smoked for longer than I would like to admit and there were times I thought I was losing my mind. Laying off for a while helped immensely. I had to find the correct dosage for me. It is a personal thing.

And for the depression, take St Johns Wort for a week or so. Also vitamin B-12 is also good for the same.

T

TroubleGuy

And for the depression, take St Johns Wort for a week or so. Also vitamin B-12 is also good for the same.

More than just B12, all B vitamins together help fight stress and related problems. You can get almost all the B vitamins from Vitamin Water. It tastes awesome, doesn't taste like a normal health drink, and it's way so good for you that some stores put it in the organic section.

There's one called "berry cherry" that has 100% of vitamin C, B3, B6, B12 and B5, and 25% of what you need per day of vitamin E. Others have some of the other B vitamins so it's pretty easy to pick the ones that taste best to you and still get the vitamins you need.

Anyway my point is, I had been feeling way better for weeks and hadn't been taking my medication...then I was stoned and just randomly stared at the label, and wondered what the vitamins did.. and that explains why I'd been feeling better - I was drinking 3 or 4 a day getting 300%+ of what I needed each day.

There's one way to keeping the B vitamins coming... and here's a link for a little more detailed info: http://ezinearticles.com/?B-Vitamins-and-Depression&id=617182

-edit- ignore the sales pitch at the bottom, I guess everyone's trying to sell something...the information in the article itself is good and google will show ya, it all checks out.

-edit again- a more useful article with links to even more detailed info & studies: http://www.depression-guide.com/depression-vitamin.htm

bluntdoc

I notice some times when I dont have cronic Im kind of an irritable person, and I hate that, really hate it, and its something Im working on in my life to change... On the same note, I also have to buy my stash, and whenever Im out of buds Im usually out of cash... Got a lot of stress too with family, work, bills, trying to attend class and move through life without all the frills... especially some cheaply grown, high quality, WEED.... 90% of the shnarf in the big cities sucks balls... i heard you also have to buy, maybe you are in the same kind of boat as me... money is tight and life is kind of hard, but keep your head up bro!!! positive thinking is key to positive results!!!

bluntdoc

Oh also, you should grow your own stash, save yourself some cash, Im thinking of doing a little outdoor to get a couple bags for these cold shitty ass tundra winters

jwm

Veteran
Many things/experiences are more enjoyable when done in moderation...I used to be a daily smoker, for years, now I wait for those special occassions...good luck bro. sounds like you need to find your balance

G

grasspass

If I wasn't doing herb for pain, I would only use it about once a week . It would hit harder and be like a special event.

K

KMK0420

things i've tried:

i workout frequently, and am in pretty good shape (almost at a six pack, benching close to 300, running daily, etc.)

ive tried st johns wort, exercise techniques, social techniques, everything. i have a stress pill that is all the B vitamins combined basically, and that makes no difference that i can see.

but as of today, i haven't smoked in 24 hours and i already and starting to see things in a "new" light, as if i'm not always 'confused' at all times.

sometimes i need all adulterants to my mind out, so i can focus on my job goals, relationships, etc.

now, see, my buddy and i planned a big weekend...hittin' the range up with my new S&W 9mm, then blaze insane amounts of weed and go see the pink floyd laser show. just something like that...i cant turn down..lol

TrainMan

things i've tried:

i workout frequently, and am in pretty good shape (almost at a six pack, benching close to 300, running daily, etc.)

ive tried st johns wort, exercise techniques, social techniques, everything. i have a stress pill that is all the B vitamins combined basically, and that makes no difference that i can see.

but as of today, i haven't smoked in 24 hours and i already and starting to see things in a "new" light, as if i'm not always 'confused' at all times.

sometimes i need all adulterants to my mind out, so i can focus on my job goals, relationships, etc.

now, see, my buddy and i planned a big weekend...hittin' the range up with my new S&W 9mm, then blaze insane amounts of weed and go see the pink floyd laser show. just something like that...i cant turn down..lol

Look into magnesium supplements. I sometimes take a teaspoon to a tablespoon full of epsom salt in water before bed. Helps you sleep, lowers, tolerance, bunch of good stuff.

southpaw

We're all wired differently, and we all smoke for different reasons. I'm lucky enough to be pretty healthy, and I've learned that I react best to weed when I smoke intermittently.

During depressive spells, I also steer clear of hybrids. They tend to make me introspective at a moment when the last thing I want to do is think about my problems even more. Overall, I do better with either an indica that puts me down for the count, or a sativa that sends me soaring.

mazzakush

ya, naw..

I know what your saying.

lately i've been having this tobacco vs. herb battle going on and how they affect us and the different social contexts of each..

I don't know man.

But yeah, its like I haven't really had much herb lately. When I've got a bunch its like I need to be constantly smoking. But one thing that helps me the most is sitting down, taking time in the morning and burning that first one all to myself. Just reflect and go through some shit. Then when I'm burning bowls the rest of the day i've already gone through the personal, emotional shit I need to and I'm just chillin it easy.

as a buddy of mine once said. That first bowl of the day is great, but the second is best.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Hey man i have found marijuana amplifies our root ego. I have started to take psychedelics again to purge myself of these things. You might need a good trip to put you back on track.

O

ocean99

Well I'm a medicinal user and so it's all day every day for me when it's accessible.
If I don't have cannabis then I have to take either my oxy contin or the Dilaudid
which is a morhine derivative that's 100 Xs more powerful than straight morhine,
that's the shyt that makes me zombie like or foggy headed, weed keeps my mind
very sharp and focused while lessening my pains and eliminating muscle spasms.

Agreed. I think people without a whole lot of experience being on different drugs every day don't know what fogginess truly is.

I sadly used to abuse dilaudid until I decided to quit and became a mega stoner. I quit cold turkey, never looked back. That shit's awful, ganja 24/7 for me. My head feels clear as ever :rasta:

^^This. I try to run at least a mile every day. It's exactly a mile from my house to the beach, my favorite thing to do in the morning is put a joint in my ear and jog down to the beach in the cold ass morning. About 2 years ago now (damn time flies) I was running 3 miles a day and working construction under the hot ass sun for 8 hours a day. I can say without a doubt that was the happiest I've ever been in my life, and I've struggled with depression for some time.

Find what works for you OP, but there is something to be said about getting them endorphins flowing. Nothing to get yourself out of an introspective fog like a good ole thrashing to the legs.

That said, staying lit is my #1 antidepressant of choice :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts