What's new

Sadhu Harvest by Dragor

Dragor

SADHU by Dragor

Over the past few months I've had a lot of fun growing some of the most exotic new genetics (East Indian landrace crosses) bred exclusively by Mandala Seeds. In this thread I will share my pre-harvest, harvest, and dried bud photos of Sadhu plus a smoke report!

Overall impression: Sadhu was very very quick growing with thick leaves and stems. The Fox Farm Brand Organic soilmix was very suitable for her as she required only a handful of feedings (a couple times in veg and a few times in flowering); otherwise strictly well-treated spring/tap water mixture at proper pH every 3 days. I let her stretch as a single cola and she filled up really nice without much side branching, needing the full 9 weeks til senescence.

Trichome/Flower Production: Very quick to begin putting on trichomes, at 3 weeks into flowering. The shorter pheno started out being the more coated but the taller sis caught up and produced very healthy amounts of glands as well. The plants as you'ld expect are extremely sticky, which to me has many pros (along with a few cons) (pros being finger/scissor hash and more control of joint rolling dont have to moisten fingers to get good roll to name a few)

Aroma: The aroma began very early, soon after the first set of true leaves came in during seedling/veg stage - its a smell unlike anything I've smelled, its a smell you would expect to sense walking around in the fields of Kashmir, a very unique spicey scent (in the sweet sense - like imagine a musky sweet cinammon type but more kushy in quality, definitely hard to explain but very delectably organic and earthy)... I can tell she is going to want a good cure tho to get that full spectrum of terpenes out...

Effects: Within a couple of puffs I began feeling a sense of calmness, mentally, where all the stressful and negative thoughts that I had built up to that point just suddently melted away and I was left with a very crisp clear head (almost like being super sober crazy good feeling, well for my adhd at least haha), providing you a clean slate to think up anything fresh and new; the somatic (physical body) effects are just fascinating on this Sadhu - it sequesters right along in the background with the head effect and builds up quite rapidly if you smoke enough it can get you in a very very deep relaxation. It starts in the toes and feet, producing a tingly warm cozy feeling that like vibrations and waves, climbs up the legs and into the trunk/spine and up to the shoulders making every part of the body so relaxed and feel extremely at ease, so much so you don't want to move, but can (very slowly) if you have to haha :) A truly medicative indica in the ultimate sense... Oh one thing I did notice is that the smoke is so rich from a jay that it produces parasthesia of the lip when you puff on it (like the really gooooood afghan-hindu kushes do) as well as a little bit of lung expansion and occasional kick in the ass cough ;)
(by the way, all these effects I got are from a .4g jay of the lowest sample branches of the two plants mixed, main colas are not fully dried yet and I can't wait to smoke the core of this harvest after its been well cured!)

Sadhu is truly a work of art in all aspects - thank you Mandala for making it a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :) DON'T think twice about adding this strain to your garden, definite keeper! 9/10

ICMSadhuPairPreharvest.jpg

ICMSadhuShortPreharvest.jpg

ICMSadhuTallPreharvest.jpg

ICMSadhuShortCola.jpg

ICMSadhuShortTrimmed.jpg

ICMSadhuTallCola.jpg

ICMSadhuTallTrimmed.jpg

ICMSadhuTrimBox.jpg

ICMSadhuColasDrying.jpg

ICMSadhuDriedSamples.jpg

Last edited:

varriform

Fantastic bro , great report . You're gonna have to update us when you get to that main cola . I smoked the very tip of a Safari for christmas and it laid me out .
,bom bom

Dragor

Good day to all -
Thank you everyone for your positive feedback on my report, I'm happy to see that more people are learning about this new hidden strain out there... A real gem she is - but I dare not smoke her during the day (tempting) as I need to get some things done first!
:noway: haha

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dragor nice images and grow...I grew out the Sadhu a year ago with the same pleasing results. She was very dense and bud rot, due to my improper drying technic, was a problem...get um dry good. DD

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!
i cant wait for my sadahu's!!!!!
oh and grown in fox!! my fav!!!
OH MAN ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
:rasta: Hippy :joint:

Dragor

doobie: Thanks for the warning on budrot. I will be checking on the dry process tomorrow and hope everything is okay, as I am keeping them in a distant location right now and haven't had a chance to check them in a few days. They are in that rubbermaid tub thing with a fan blowing at the tub from outside (through all the tiny holes i made up top) - so I hope that the moisture didn't build up inside! doh!

digitalhippy: Hahah! Your post made me laugh I must say, really got somebody pumped up about sadhu didn't I?! =P It's worth all the excitement just wait and see hahah

Lumpy: Dude FoxFarm is THE ONLY WAY to grow hands down, with ONLY 100% organic nutrients added! Mmmm buds from dispensaries and other hydro growers tastes like alien chemified weed to me now with this super crystal clean high grade cannabis smelling/tasting stuff as the comparison or competitor hahah. I used Advanced Nutrients (non-refined organics but $$$) stuff all the way through with some budswel at the end. PBP/LK/etc just weren't organic enough in my opinion.

U.B.C.: The smoke stays perfectly lit in a joint, smokes very smooth and you can smoke the jay alllll the way to the rolling tip and not feel any excessive coughing or nasty taste. FoxFarm with AN once again :)

P.S. Organic cannabis + vaporizer = connoisseur level smoking, it's just not the same with ordinary combustive methods, they ruin the spectrum of effects, not to mention herbs wasted instead of recycled into edibles (thanks JoeSchmoe for your latest post on this subject)...

Last edited:

Budsmith

Yeah keep us updated on the drying and smoking. I've got the Sadhu on my radar along with Hashberry and Kalichakra. Mandala genetics haven't disappointed yet, and the price is unbeatable.

G

they look awsome, well done. i am a fox grower to and love it, trying some cocca to see how it compares. currently have hashberry up about 4 inches and waiting on the sadhu and speed queen to arrive, any day now i hope,

Dragor

All Dried Up

All Dried Up

I'm glad everyone's enjoying the harvest pics so far... it's update time...
Here are the two Sadhu ladies all dried, trimmed, jarred and curing to become some really potent stuff!

The two phenotypes have their own distinct smells now. Sadhu short pheno has that sweet spicy smell that gives a nice olfactory tickle haha, and changing to be a bit more peppery now, as is the taste of the smoke, quite interesting, not sure what I think of it yet must let it cure longer. The taller pheno has a much softer smell already, sweet like melon, fruity bubblegum, the taste is spicy but with vanilla musky overtones on exhale and then sweet fruit lingers in the mouth afterwards, very very smooth, much better pheno of the two (not to mention bigger yielder)...

I would give these guys (especially the head buds) another 3-4weeks before the flavors and aromas complex together to become one...

I love the long-lasting, quick-onset deep somatic relaxation both phenos provide... works wonders as a meditation aid, and surely for yoga or other spiritual cleansing activities...

ICMSadhus7DaysDried.jpg

ICMSadhuHeadNugsCuringDay1.jpg

ICMSadhuShortNugsCuringDay1.jpg

ICMSadhuTallNugsCuringDay1.jpg

Wishing you all a safe, healthy, prosperous, balanced and well-medicated year of 08! :wave:

Last edited:

Dragor

Amazing phenotypic variation & F1 vigour on the Sadhu! Organic meds never been better...
ICMSadhuTallMacroDay3.jpg

ICMSadhuShortMacroDay3.jpg

would be interesting to know which is the more dominant genotype of these two, even tho they're both equally beautiful flowers to look at and medicate with, better than any OTC or Rx analgesic and most other heavy indicas, mainly because of the unique mental clarity it provides...
:respect:

Man o man I think I am going to have to order all th strains Mike has.I have four right now.Sadhu looks nice and frosty.Are you goind to make a smoke report?They look super dense too.