What's new

Sad times...

JustDoIt

Agreed... Very nice rolling tray! haha

bs0, sorry to hear your current business got interrupted, but don't give up man, who knows what great business arrangements this change may lead to! If you really want to keep doing what you've been doing, shift your attention to figuring out a way to start a new partnership that's more profitable! (not just in terms of dollars)
Hammerhead suggested talking to your old partner and getting recommendations, that sounds like the direction I'd personally go in if I were in this situation... You obviously trusted him, and he probably wouldn't want things blowing up in your face because he made a business connection for you with someone who he DIDN'T trust, so you might be able to get a solid connection that could build into a bigger and better relationship that way...

However you go about it, good luck!

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Seriously man, that is a tough break but I wouldn't stop growing or even slow down at all. Just keep on keeping on, you will find someone and when you do, it will be gone. They don't have to know you grow like the last guy.

Fattie

If you are growing the best in your area, you will find more buyers. 3lb a month is definitely someone hard to find, but if you have the available product at the right price you can make anyone you deem worthy into that.

Sun Ra

stay positive. In this business there is always a buyer right around the corner. I think you'll be surprised. If you have quality product you will probably get rid of this a lot sooner than you think.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
divorce is rampant in this country. sad but true...

there are now more singles than married now (just recently announced)... freeze it, he'll come back around ;)

if not, start hanging at the bars, meet some new folks, but move real slow...

GP73LPC

Veteran
With them loose lips It's probably a good idea for you to get out now before you get caught.

if your talking to me, i in no way suggested telling people you grow....

i was saying he should get out and meet people. once you've made friends try to buy a little. eventually you someone you can befriend someone that deals larger amounts or is supplying the bar or several bars... buy a little, sell a little and then slowly build on that...

it's nothing that he gonna be able to do in a short time, it will take time to meet people, befriend them, trust them and begin to work with them...

V

vonforne

Had to come bitch a bit... My seller has just had a baby and his woman doesn't know he was in the business so he just bowed out...

I've known him for years and am too wary to find anyone else to do the moving... Very sad, I never expected to be knocked out of the biz by some random wedding hookup for my mover :-(.

So boo-hoo for me, now I have to sit here and watch 5lb slowly rot away... All the work, the love, the dedication... Everything was so dialed in and perfect, was doing 1.5lb every 2 weeks. Was not easy to get to that point.

Crap.

The only positive is that it was fun while it lasted, and I'll probably just hash this entire pile. Maybe I'll make a driveway with it.

Argh.

Look on the positive side......your friend has a brand new baby. He is using his head and protecting his family by keeping them safe.

V

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
I've been in this exact same boat before. Out of all the people he was selling to, I'm sure there is someone who would love the opportunity to step up and take his place as your distributor.
So ask him, is there one of your people that you would trust to take over for you?
Offer him some $ for the referral, a little for the intro, and then more a year later after the person has proved their worth.

Have him set up a lunch date for the three of you to get together and discuss things.

I guarantee you all the people he was selling to still want to get weed, and for sure there are many of them that would gladly step up and take over for him.

Like Hammerhead said, Talk to your guy and see if He can recommend one of His trusted movers.
Thats what happened to me, my mover started a buisness and didn't have time to do it anymore so I hooked up with the next in line and its been cool. I have contact with one and only one person and that buffer is still intact. People would love to have a steady supply of 3lb per month.
Good luck

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
This is a lifestyle more than anything, we always come back BUT to have your entire business rely on ONE PERSON wasn't the best business model to begin with and honestly SHOULD be adapted to anyways.

He odds are did a GOOD THING for you (and him). Something great could come of this, hell the new guy(s) might end up paying MORE than your old guy.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
... So ask him, is there one of your people that you would trust to take over for you?
Offer him some $ for the referral, a little for the intro, and then more a year later after the person has proved their worth.

Botta bing!... Make him an offer he can't refuse. Hey, it's business.

B

BrnCow

Find out who he was selling zones or more to at a time and get him to hook you up with them...just keep everything low and slow. tell them nothing except for a throw away phone number.Let them know that you want to meet NO ONE and prefer to no be discussed with anyone for any reason. You might just slide around him if he has a pound customer or a few zone customers and make his money also. More $$...just do not haul more than you need except a 1/2 g for smoking them up...

amannamedtruth

Veteran
Find out who he was selling zones or more to at a time and get him to hook you up with them...just keep everything low and slow. tell them nothing except for a throw away phone number.Let them know that you want to meet NO ONE and prefer to no be discussed with anyone for any reason. You might just slide around him if he has a pound customer or a few zone customers and make his money also. More $$...just do not haul more than you need except a 1/2 g for smoking them up...

Second that, he shoulda hired a replacement. I'm sure his clients would appreciate that, too. If this hasn't happened, seems like he will be back around...

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look on the positive side......your friend has a brand new baby. He is using his head and protecting his family by keeping them safe.

V

Yeah, right. If he doesn't have a good paying job, he'll be back. As soon as all those "new baby expenses" hit his ass, he's gonna reconsider. He'll find a way to get around his ol' lady, and keep the paper rolling.

GP73LPC

Veteran
I've been in this exact same boat before. Out of all the people he was selling to, I'm sure there is someone who would love the opportunity to step up and take his place as your distributor.
So ask him, is there one of your people that you would trust to take over for you?

Have him set up a lunch date for the three of you to get together and discuss things.

I guarantee you all the people he was selling to still want to get weed, and for sure there are many of them that would gladly step up and take over for him.

best idea yet... :tiphat: