What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sacred Seeds Skunk #1 in 1980

zirt

Not true.....
-SamS

I was told that by my mentor, who was a vietnam vet.I used to help hi m as his health wasn´t the best and had still shrapnel in his body;that´s how I was started growing Cannabis.

It is true that California indica or Acapulco Gold sound like generic names given to good quality buds. The best quality found his way to Acapulco where better money was done from the american tourist.
That´s Guerrero; Michoacan is to the West and Oaxaca to the east.
I still see those names in some threads. It was grown in the hills ( Sierra Madre del Sur).Like Santa Marta-Colombia where it was grown in the neighbouring Sierra Nevada.

This docummentary is like an oldie;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDAK8lL0WYU

Big hemp fields in the Mid West and Acapulco back in the day.
Don´t miss the prices.

Greetings from Greta.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Indica, Afghani, Kush, all refer to Cannabis varieties from the areas around Aghanistan and are used to make hashish. Acapulco Gold is what they called Cannabis from Guerrero that was gold and sometimes seedless or close to it.

When I said not true I was referring to the fact that Skunk#1 if the old RKS version or the newer sweeter one, all came from the same parents.
-SamS

zirt

Really?

I have found a small vendor in Vancouver that sells a Skunk from 1978 (hybridized). He claims it´s prior Skunk#1 and I think the source could be in Mendocino (Mendocino Joe).

The female part of Sweet skunk was later known as Afghani#1. Do you remember if you used just 1 female or several pollinated with the same male?That could explain some variability also.
Anyway, when your DNA work is made public you will prove me wrong so no worries. I have sweet skunk seeds coming from my mentor and I plan to work with those ones.There are some sativa phenos in that line.
Enjoy yourself

Ganja baba

Veteran
Indica, Afghani, Kush, all refer to Cannabis varieties from the areas around Aghanistan and are used to make hashish. Acapulco Gold is what they called Cannabis from Guerrero that was gold and sometimes seedless or close to it.

When I said not true I was referring to the fact that Skunk#1 if the old RKS version or the newer sweeter one, all came from the same parents.
-SamS

Hi Sam is Medicino joe and Romulin joe the same person and is he still alive in Canada ?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
z
Really?

I have found a small vendor in Vancouver that sells a Skunk from 1978 (hybridized). He claims it´s prior Skunk#1 and I think the source could be in Mendocino (Mendocino Joe).

I developed Skunk#1 in 75-76. -SamS

The female part of Sweet skunk was later known as Afghani#1. Do you remember if you used just 1 female or several pollinated with the same male?That could explain some variability also.

I got Afghan #1 from Mel Frank, it is not anything to do with sweet Skunk, it is a pure WLD Indica from Afghanistan. What male are you talking about? I used a Afghani X Colombian, then hit the female progeny with a Acapulco Gold male. So what Male?
-SamS

Anyway, when your DNA work is made public you will prove me wrong so no worries. I have sweet skunk seeds coming from my mentor and I plan to work with those ones.There are some sativa phenos in that line.
Enjoy yourself

Last edited:
MadJag, When I hear Jamaicans saying they are growing ARIZONA Skunk... does this have any connection with the early canyon grows?

-pH

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
1979 Old Skunk reborn 2016
picture.php

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
what is a Hz cross? this is extremely vague bro.

As i have heard its grapefruit x nl5xhaze?

G`day HMK

Pretty sure he said SK Hz .
If you want to know for certain go dredge through Chimeras forum .

I remember some one saying "oh its NL Hz then ." Chimera had a minor melt down and said don`t attribute speculations to me . Then said he thought it was SK / Hz .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
G`day HMK

Pretty sure he said SK Hz .
If you want to know for certain go dredge through Chimeras forum .

I remember some one saying "oh its NL Hz then ." Chimera had a minor melt down and said don`t attribute speculations to me . Then said he thought it was SK / Hz .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I was at reefermans place one time and he and his buddy seemed pretty certain that Breeder Steve said it was grapefruit crossed with an nl5xhaze. That is what I was going on. Obviously just asking Steve directly is the best approach I imagine.

Ganja baba

Veteran
I was at reefermans place one time and he and his buddy seemed pretty certain that Breeder Steve said it was grapefruit crossed with an nl5xhaze. That is what I was going on. Obviously just asking Steve directly is the best approach I imagine.

Grapefruit has sk1 in it

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Essential oil composition of Skunk.Don't know which pheno they used.Its the last one.Analyse was done in 1997.

Essential oil of Cannabis sativa L. strains

Vito Mediavilla and Simon Steinemann

Swiss Federal Research Station for Agroecology and Agriculture, Reckenholzstrasse 191, 8046 Zurich, Switzerland

jiha4208-01.jpg

jiha4208-02.jpg

Keep on growing :)

zirt

I wanted just to thank Madjag for the pics and 1 off topic question:

¿Did you see any wild tobacco plants when you were doing those grows? I know it used to grow wild around there.

:smokeit:

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Tests are interesting L hemp had a lot of myrcene , I like R's numbers
P seems to be the highest terps ,. Now i think they can test for 32 profiles

Madjag

Veteran
Yes, Nicotiana sp. are found throughout Arizona. Ask the Hopis. Ask the Apaches. My neighbor has a plant that's 12' tall and every morning at 4:30-5:00am the hummingbirds are all over its yellow trumpet flowers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts