What's new

S1 seed instead of a mother?

YetiOG

This is something else altogether but it does interest me. The only regular strain among the selection I've recently bought is Western Winds. I will probably get a couple of males but no idea if they might be suitable for breeding.

Western winds is kali mist. Decent stuff. I have 3 growing right now a 10 week, 11 to 12 week and 13 week pheno all hanging around i prefer the 70 day pheno but might keep both for now.

I would do a s1 of a clone i love before a outcross unless doing a bx or working the line to a certain goal. BX, IX, S1, all of these are tools you can use when makingseeds depends on goals really and what you are into, and what you have on hand. If you live in the middle of nowhere, have no money or access for new genetics, and have a chem d cut someone gave you on a trip you brought home, but wanted seeds so you have some should things go south it makes sense to do a S1. Say you want to make a seed company, all fem seeds from popular clones (lazy) and you had 30 females around you would probably do alot of S1 and fem F1 hybrids... If you have a million things on the go, tons of space and genetics well then it breaks down to what you want to do.

Hey while im thinking about it i was just pondering a OG Kush x Kali Mist. If you have access to any cuts or beans id consider it, size up the og, better veg speed and structure and so far as ive seen no ones done it. I should pm you to talk more about it, the 70 day pole pheno (grows more upright the 91 day one tends to really branch out) would make for a awesome og cross woukd yield really well and would probably be amazing weed. AK47 x OG is deadly too

I've made some Malawii x Peyote purple....haven't tried any....
at the moment I'm smoking on some Moscas OTM x IBG x (Skunk#1xAfghani) ....home made, but realy good!
I like making a few F1s to play with....

Latest posts

Latest posts