What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

S.A.D. S1

Hi Sweet Seeds Crew,

I thought I would share my journey with sweet seeds strains here, I have been posting under the name "partimus" on the Oz Stoners forum where sweet seeds are also a sponsor but the site is being funny and I can't get to my gallery so I will do a diary here instead.

I am hoping to do as well as I did with Green Poison, here is a bit of my diary. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=321986

If you go searching for green poison grows on Oz Stoners you can find a more detailed Green Poison diary.

Anyway now I am on to SAD S1

set up is
1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0M tent
315watt phillips master color cmh light
100% coco hand watered, run to waste
4 x 18L final pot size
nutes are Heads recipie, lucas formula for coco

here they are as of two days ago, I gave them a feed this morning of just under half strength

0.4ml/L gh micro
0.6ml/L gh bloom
0.1g/L epsom salts
ec 0.5 in rainwater

I will update weekly with progress, cheers

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Hi fella,
it's very nice to see you around here ;)
Nice setup and great variety so it will be interesting for sure!

Thanks for sharing, Sweet smokes
jaypp

Good Morning OS,

Monday morning update,

15 days since the first photo today. I potted up to 6 inch pots yesterday, the root ball was still moist so I watered them in this morning.

They are on 1/2 strength lucas formula for coco

0.8ml/L GH micro

1.2ml/L GH bloom

0.1g/L epsom salts

EC 0.8 in rainwater

Watering has been about every three days as it takes a while for them to dry out. My plan is to let them dry out once more in these pots to get them searching and filling up with roots then start feeding daily.

I wish I got a photo of transplant as they had a good root structure. I have been a bit worried about them being a bit slow growing but after seeing all the roots in the pot I guess that's what they have been doing. Hoping that they really take of this week.
Cheers for stopping by.

edit to the previous post where I said that the last picture was 15 days after the first. I meant to say 5 days after the first posted pic. So they are growing along well after all :)

Hey Sweet Seeds Crew and IC mag members :wave:

Time for an update on these girls,

I have transplanted them into final pot size and started to train them right over. The pictures tell the story so here goes,

Intermission

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Sweettt! looking very healthy at the moment ;)
Great work and keep it sweet!

jaypp

1 week later, pics as of yesterday, 18th of June

full strength lucas for coco every second day, pots are filling with roots nicely.

another week or two and it will be flowering time I think, how much do these ladies get there strectch on? I have a feeling they will keep pretty short and bushy.

Cheers :smoke:

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Cheers my friend!

The plants are looking great. They seem very healthy, keep it up :D

Sweet smokes!

tommy

Hey yall got an S.A.D f1 about 4 week old growing like fook hoping to clone in an sog it with an mk ultra and blackjack alll are right healthy looking any suggestions on best for sog - only tried mk ultra ( dynamite) any info much appreciated guys

Hey everyone,

bit of an update group picture update,

1 week ago roughly

yesterday

I switched the timer to 12/12 last night, first 12 hours of darkness tonight. I'll keep you posted :smoke:

sorry about the pics coming as links in the previous post, I haven't got uploading pics sorted yet here.

Ok I have had one issue with the grow. On the front right plant there developed some mold around the stem. I believe that it is totally my faault due to lack of air flow and some damp comditions. i think its a testimony to the toughness of this plant that it was just powering on with mold eating its stem.

some pics

12/7/16 first noticed the mold here, cleaned it away with vinegar on a cotton tip.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=67500&pictureid=1629250

17/7/16

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=67500&pictureid=1629250

22/7/16 i have prunned away some the affected branch. I have added more fans to the room and some clips fans blowing through the canopy.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=67500&pictureid=1629252

Tough plants with good genetics here.

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi mate!

Thanks for the updates. Strong thick stems you've got there :D And they seem to be very well levelled so keep it up and...

Sweet smokes!

:tiphat:

tommy

Hi IC Mag and Sweet Seeds crew,

time for a bit of an update,

sadly I did end up culling the one with stem mold. It was a sad day but I did it to save the others from getting it also. I think the plant would have just powered on through it and finished despite the mold but better to be safe then sorry. I have learned a valuable lesson for next time about keeping my space clean and keeping the air flow up around the canopy. Shows how resistant these genetics are by the fact that none of the others have a trace of mold anywhere.

here they are from this weekend, starting to flower now and make some resin. Not sure how far in to 12/12 I am but we have a way to go yet.

Overall I am still a happy grower, I have three very nice looking plants.

Thanks for stopping by,
cheers.

Update time, I worked out we are on day 38 of 12/12 lighting

So far this has been a pretty low odour plant, it's just now starting to put out some really nice sweet, musk type aromas. lots of resin coverage also and the buds look like they are stacking up nicely.

17th of August update,
day 45 of 12/12

a group photo from the side access window.

bit of a close up attempt, this is the front left plant for most pictures, a little further along then the other two, bit of purple happening, most likely due to cold over night temps maybe?

Have a great day everyone, happy growing.

update from a few days ago, some nice autumn colours happening now. It is part way through week 8 of 12/12 lighting. I have started to flush with plain ph'd water today

Hey guys,

pics from sunday that has just been.

I have been flushing with pH adjusted water for 7 days now. we are in week 9 of 12/12 now. Just waiting for more amber trichs and for the last plant to yellow off the fan leaves some more.

Hello again Sweet Seeds Crew and fellow enthusiasts,

I harvested the ladies after 12 days of pure water on day 69 of 12/12 lighting.

I am not the best at photo's and my phone camera is limiting but here we go

I will get some more bud pictures and a smoke report as the time comes.

Latest posts

Latest posts