What's new

S.A.D Organic grow - 360W LED

GoatCheese

Veteran
Thanks guys :) Yep, they started to get fat, hehe!! :D

What kind of smells are you getting to enjoy?

I'm veggin one Sensi Seed's Black Domina and it has fairly strong nectarine/sour peach-ish smell. Few other plants are abit more bland smelling at this point .. haven't seen preflowers yet.

itsmehigh

all sorts of smells, to be honest, i am not so good at giving you the best description, but 5 of them have a sweet-candy-peach-ish smell, very very nice... it almost make you wanna eat the plant haha.

itsmehigh

time for update: Day 57th of 12/12 ( 81 days in total ).

Plants got fatter for sure, more resin, more smell...everything as expected. They show signs of finishing, I think I'm going to let them another 7-10 days, will see.

so...here it goes, the group pics:

Attachments

• DSC_4542.jpg
    DSC_4542.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_4545.jpg
    DSC_4545.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_4547.jpg
    DSC_4547.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_4548.jpg
    DSC_4548.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_4554.jpg
    DSC_4554.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 16

itsmehigh

And some bud shots of course

Attachments

• DSC_4538.jpg
    DSC_4538.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_4536.jpg
    DSC_4536.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_4535.jpg
    DSC_4535.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_4534.jpg
    DSC_4534.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_4539.jpg
    DSC_4539.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 18

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Wow man, very nice flowers you have there!
Thanks for updating, hope you enjoy their medicinal effects ;)
Sweet smokes!!
jaypp

itsmehigh

thanks guys. I have also added higher resolution photos to my album.
last update, next week, and after that, a smoke report :D

itsmehigh

today is the 63rd day of 12/12, that is 9 weeks, but the plants aren't ready. I really hope they finish in 5-6 days, will post some pictures later, maybe some opinions?

GoatCheese

Veteran
today is the 63rd day of 12/12, that is 9 weeks, but the plants aren't ready. I really hope they finish in 5-6 days, will post some pictures later, maybe some opinions?

when you grow from seed, not a clone, flowering times shouldn't be take too literaly, cause the seed-plant matures as it grows, but the clone is already in a mature state ..or this is how i understand it
And every seed-plant is an individual and some ripen faster than others.

Also the growing enviroment, heat, type of light, over watering, lack of nutrients etc. any kind of stress for the plant may slow the flowering down a little bit or by few weeks even, so many things can have an effect.

I think it was Yesum (a member here) who likes his SAD harvested after 11 weeks of flowering.

SAD is Sensi Seed's Black Domina, and BD is a 4-way hybrid of old Afghan lines, so there could be recessive traits of longer flowering Mazari hash plants.

The longer you let them go, the stonier they will get. So if oyu want more balanced effect, you can harvest a little early. If you harvest way-too-late, it will have negative effect on the taste.

When we talk about tric color, many recomend harvesting indicas earlier than sativas, cause sativas may be too racy if you harvest them early, and indicas go too stoney for many, if you harvest them too late.

So some recomend harvesting indicas 30% amber tricomes and sativas 50 % amber , but it's really what suits you personally

Last edited:

itsmehigh

hi man. thanks for explaining the detailed genetics and it's flowering time :) I am aware of some details though. however, there are different pheno's, as this is my only strain, when I harvest, I will do it for all, this way I will benefit from all types of high, stoney and balanced. I will post some pics below, check them out and more oppinions, the better! Keep in mind, I am under pressure, I go in vacation, so have to harvest in max 6 days.

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
hi man. thanks for explaining the detailed genetics and it's flowering time :) I am aware of some details though. however, there are different pheno's, as this is my only strain, when I harvest, I will do it for all, this way I will benefit from all types of high, stoney and balanced. I will post some pics below, check them out and more oppinions, the better! Keep in mind, I am under pressure, I go in vacation, so have to harvest in max 6 days.

They look ripe enough to harvest, no worries. Just give them plain water till harvest
:)

itsmehigh

hey guys. hey goat, yep, they are ready. sorry for the photos, could have been better but I only had the 50mm camera, the buds were so heavy that most branches fell off, I had to put them somehow in the back of the tent to support them for taking pictures. But, here they go:

HARVEST DAY

SAD S1 Day 67 of 12/12 ( 91 days from seed harvest )

Last edited: